• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Actually training pokemon...

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    I was playing HG just a few minutes ago and i turned around to check on my meganium, and it said that he was chewing on my shoe, and asked if i would like to scold him or not. Thats how i got this idea.

What if you could actually train your pokemon? It would be so cool if your pokemon would misbehave (this is asuming they follow you) during a walk, or in battle( if they dont follow you). Then there training could come into play in battle. If you trained them poorly, they may not listen to you in battle, or not grow properly(stat wise).

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Neat and maybe we'll have it someday. But how would you train them? Would it be liek a Nintendogs type thing where you speak into the microphone and use the stylus for training? Or would it be through mini-games and whatnot?

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    Neat and maybe we'll have it someday. But how would you train them? Would it be liek a Nintendogs type thing where you speak into the microphone and use the stylus for training? Or would it be through mini-games and whatnot?

Kind of like nintendogs, i think. You could let them out of there ball somewhere and let them wander, and train them. mabye you could even teach them new moves like that. also they would misbehave in battle.

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
    Years
    that would be so awesome (since i love nintendogs) to train them that would be a good i dea but i dont think nintendo will do it (i hope they do)*poops from exitement* i cant wait for this game to come out in september

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    I just thought, maybe we had to feed them regularly, and yeah, they could misbehave, like charizard, and we'd have to let them out of their pokeball to keep their fitness(speed) up, they'd have to eat a balanced meal to keep their other stats up, yuo could cook them a meal! That would be awesome! Rather than just treats for contests. Like brock! Not too much exercise, otherwise their Hp will go down, and yeah. Of course this would take forever to do if they took the 3d approach.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
    One thing I always liked about Pokémon was that I could leave it lying unattended for a few months and then just pick it up and start up without having to worry about it. If you had to feed your pokies isn't it possible that they also could become malnourished and then perish? I'd be awfully disappointed to return to my game only to find that my poor pokies had expired because I hadn't fed them. ):

But I really like the idea of having a more hands-on approach to pokémon. There could be a training school, haha. Like the daycare but for training your pokies to behave.. Their nature could affect if they were easy or hard to train as well (:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    that would be really really helpful, most of my pokemon are traded (their babies when I recieve them)

ugh they disobey me at a certain level early in the game, some even fell asleep on me during a battle! I know they have love for me at heart but can they just listen to me during battle so they wont die? I welcome obeidency policy into the pokemon world, be my guest please.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Great Idea

I wouldn't want them to die, but for like every week your away they get more and more lonely and you could have a house for them to wreck lol. Or if you want to get more cool the could lock you out of your house for a certain amount of time making you unable to go anywhere. But if there in the PC there fine right because there with someone, but that would be cool like NintendPokemon instead of dogs! I would play that as often as possible lol. Great idea and also like you have to train them for a certain amount of time before you can challenge the gym leader. Great idea

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    This is an interesting mechanic but it just wouldn't work in a main Pokémon game, imo. Though I would absolutely love some sort of Nintendogs knockoff as a spinoff game for the Pokémon series. They could even use the Ranch sprites--it would just be adorable. n_n;

But for the main game, I think it would just make things too complicated. D:

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I was playing HG just a few minutes ago and i turned around to check on my meganium, and it said that he was chewing on my shoe, and asked if i would like to scold him or not. Thats how i got this idea.

What if you could actually train your pokemon? It would be so cool if your pokemon would misbehave (this is asuming they follow you) during a walk, or in battle( if they dont follow you). Then there training could come into play in battle. If you trained them poorly, they may not listen to you in battle, or not grow properly(stat wise).

It would end up being a lot like Digimon if we could physically train our pokemon.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    this would be rather... different
    but i like the idea =D
    i've always wanted to buy a brush and just comb them instead of having to pay for
    it to get done by Daisy or those weird Brothers Underneath Goldenrod =\
    also being able to have like a Picnic with my team while enjoying
    a nice, and pleasant Cliff View over the Sea heehee -^^-
    Then afterward back to Training like smashing Bricks or Commanding
    a Flying Pokemon Through Hoops and Rings to keep their Evasiveness Up and Sharp

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    dont we kind have a proto-type in the gamecube games?

you know the shadow pokemon go mad, you call them, their all happy again kinda thing?

i think it would be awesome :D
    id love to train my Quilava to balance a ball on his nosey XD

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I like the way it works in the Digimon DS games.

Instead of a PC it's a training area where you can up different stats depending on what you use to train them.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    When you're talking about training, you're really just expanding on EV training.

It's kind of boring that every single pokemon obeys you without question

Except when they're over the level-cap during single player.

Imagine a fight using this ideology. You're put to sleep by a faster pokemon and then confused by your opponent. You finally wake up after three turns and hit yourself out of confusion. You hit yourself again. After five turns of bullsh*t, your pokemon doesn't obey you because you didn't spend 15 minutes petting it with a stylus. Does this sound annoying to you?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Does this sound annoying to you?

It certainly does. I don't understand the mechanic behind Pokemon refusing to obey orders because they're too strong. It just doesn't make any sense - why would a Pokemon choose to get beaten up and fainted instead of following a simple order? I'd get it if the only way Pokemon would disobey you would be by performing a different move to the one you chose, but turning away, refusing to listen, and going to sleep are all completely inexplicable. Surely no Pokemon would choose to go to sleep when they're in the middle of being pummelled senseless.

Years
    One thing I always liked about Pokémon was that I could leave it lying unattended for a few months and then just pick it up and start up without having to worry about it. If you had to feed your pokies isn't it possible that they also could become malnourished and then perish? I'd be awfully disappointed to return to my game only to find that my poor pokies had expired because I hadn't fed them. ):

^ This. Honestly, I think this would even further accentuate the "I use 6 pokemon and keep 200 in my box" playtype. But it sounds like a really good spinoff game!

Back