• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Adding a ground type?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    I have 4 pokemon set for my competitive battling team. I know my team will get hurt by electric so, recommend a 5th pokemon and 6th pokemon. Im hatching an Eevee egg that I just got today, so im gonna use one of his evolutions

Magmar lvl 54
    -Fire Punch
    -Sunny Day
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunder Punch

Jynx lvl 46
    -Lovely Kiss
    -Ice Punch
    -Powder Snow
    -Body Slam

Electabuzz lvl 45
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Swift
    -Quick Attack

Kingler lvl 46
    -Surf
    -Vicegrip
    -Gulltonite
    -Protect

These movesets are going to change a lot once I beat the game and trainto about lvl 60. Im battling friends with this team btw.

Years
    Yeah, how about Rhydon or a Donophan?
    They can both learn Earthquake moves and some fairly sharp ground moves, also Donophan is fast.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2016
    I'd add a Tyranitar. It's ground (I think) and dark, giving it two full resistances.

Years
    Hmm... Not a bad idea mate, but remember one thing if you're going to use this team to battle friends/people you might want to consider that a LOT of people do use Tyranitar some movesets could KO a ground/dark type, watch out...

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    I want to add a Ground type to my party as well, the only ground types I think are pretty cool is Phanpy/Donphan or Cubone/Marowak. I like them you should try one of them

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2011
    U can always add tyranitar, although it is kinda cheap. I would only go with Marowak if it is holding thick club, teach it stuff like earthquake, hyper beam, iron tail, and dynamic punch if u want a good fighting move to take advantage of t-tar's 4 time fighting weakness....

Crett

That Popcorn Guy
    Years
    Yeah, how about Rhydon or a Donophan?
    They can both learn Earthquake moves and some fairly sharp ground moves, also Donophan is fast.

Donophan?
    WTF?
    We all know how useless protect is......
    except when faced with solarbeam.
    you should change that to..
    .....Uh...
    I need to think.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I think you should get a Nidoking because dere beastly....

But Nintedon power recommended Marowak
    against eletric Pokemon in an issue in 1999.

Back