• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Adding new items with DPE & CFRU (Leon's Ultimate Rom Base)

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    Hello,
    I am currently willing to add a new mega stone to a project based on Leon's URBase.
    I am currently configuring DPE, and wanted to ask exactly how am I supposed to deal with inserting new items :
    From what I gathered, I have to define my new item in on of the 22 free spots in the items.h file and make the final items.h file match the one in CFRU (and update the hold_effects.h in CFRU)

What I have to do afterwards is where i struggle to understand : How do I actually edit the item and make it usable ? (effect,sprite...)
    Do I just follow this tutorial, as what I have done before allowed my new item to be recognised and edited ? : https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258426

Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Hello,
    I am currently willing to add a new mega stone to a project based on Leon's URBase.
    I am currently configuring DPE, and wanted to ask exactly how am I supposed to deal with inserting new items :
    From what I gathered, I have to define my new item in on of the 22 free spots in the items.h file and make the final items.h file match the one in CFRU (and update the hold_effects.h in CFRU)

What I have to do afterwards is where i struggle to understand : How do I actually edit the item and make it usable ? (effect,sprite...)
    Do I just follow this tutorial, as what I have done before allowed my new item to be recognised and edited ? : https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=258426

Thank you.

I don't think you need to add more steps before the compilation to the steps leon gave. Just follow it and after compilation, then change the free space slots.
    The CFRU Documentation states
    that a mega stone has the format:
    Adding new items with DPE & CFRU (Leon's Ultimate Rom Base)

To edit the mega pokemon's evolution mega stone you have to evolution-edit

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    I don't think you need to add more steps before the compilation to the steps leon gave. Just follow it and after compilation, then change the free space slots.
    The CFRU Documentation states
    that a mega stone has the format:
    Adding new items with DPE & CFRU (Leon's Ultimate Rom Base)

To edit the mega pokemon's evolution mega stone you have to evolution-edit

Okay, inserting the mega stone seems to have worked. Thank you for your help.

Now, I'm trying to insert Mega Flygon. What I did is I added #define SPECIES_MEGA_FLYGON at the end of species.h in PDE and modified NUM_SPECIES accordingly, but I don't really know how to find what offset to put after. Would you happen to know what I should do ?

EDIT : Nvm, I figured out it was just an index, not an offset.

Last edited:
    Back