• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding new pokemon (Gen 3)

Aki

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    Hello everyone, I've been wanting to make my own pokemon ROM hack and I have this question that I cant seem to find a solution for. For example in a clean Emerald ROM I want to add Electivire in the game and make it so that Electabuzz could evolve into Electivire by some means (Trade, Stone etc.). How do I do this? It would be best if I didnt replace any pokemon and just add it as a new mon and also have a dex entry for it.

HAXorus621

Beginner at ROM hacking, hoping to get better.
    Years
  • What pokemon editor are you using? If you are using YAPE, you can only EDIT exist Pokemon, you'll need PGE, I think it is the only tool to add new pokemon.

You could use PGE (Pokemon Game Editor) or G3HS (Gen III Hacking Suite) to do this.

Back