• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphic✓] Adding Trainer Back Pics

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    I am currently trying to add in new player sprites. I have managed to get all the overworld ones to work and switch between them, but I seem to be having this issue with the sprite back pics. The May and Brendan back pics work normally but any of the ones I have added come up as these lines. The back pic files are the same size and in the same order as the brendan/may ones. Based on the lines it seems that it is loading the correct back pic and palette but it's all jumbled up. For the life of me I cant figure out what is causing this. If anyone has any information on adding new back pics and/or an idea on where to look to what might be causing the issue, any help would be much appreciated. (Screenshot of the back pic error attached)

Adding Trainer Back Pics

セケツ

ポケハック初心者
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Judging from the picture, I think there should be something wrong with the definition of the backsprite picture itself.
    It's a basic knowledge in the binary Rom hacking that some pictures were compressed to the ROM itself, while the others are not. By the way, since you'd finally managed to get your ROM built up with this glitched file above (and the correct palette), I guess there may be no mistake & incorrect places in your .c files. Therefore, it is very likely that you used mistaken the compression of the picture.
    To configure whether you got our trainer sprite compression in mistake or not, it's necessary for you to open the file "src/data/graphics/trainers.h", find the construct line of your newly added sprite, whose head must be written in "const u8". Moreover, after finding it, the next thing you should do is to check the files attached below. The head of the path must be configured to "INCBIN_U8", while the format of the file must be configured to ".4bpp". Keep it the same with the other trainer sprites.
    And here is one picture of what I'm talking about.

Adding Trainer Back Pics

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2023
    Thank you so much. Been busy recently but just got round to testing this and that was exactly it, thank you. I had used INCBIN_U8 and 4bpp but incorrectly used const u32 instead of const u8. Completely missed that as they were surrounded by the front sprites and palettes that used u32. So grateful again, finally works thank you.

Back