• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Address finding for XSE

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    Hi all,

A few weeks back, I did my first nuzlocke (pokemon ruby) and from there I decided to make a more nuzlocke-friendly rom hack for emerald. So far I downloaded AdvancedTrainer, AdvancedMap and XSE to achieve that.

Right now there are two things I want to do with XSE: Firstly I want to change the Experience and EV given from fights. Secondly I want to eliminate the badge boost.

To my best understanding, I need to find the correct addresses, where those things are handled and then change the code accordingly. So far I haven't had much luck with finding those addresses. What I have found so far is this:

The flags used for the badges (and also for the badge boost) are 0x867 (attack), 0x868 (defence), 0x869 (speed) and 0x86d (special attack & defence). Also there are a few places where those flags appear according to this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9600980&postcount=20

However, removing the flags at those places didn't seem to prevent the badge boost.

(Also I've not been able to find anything useful for the experience so far.)

What are the correct addresses? Or barring that knowledge, how do I find them?

Edit: I do want to change the formula for experience, since I want to decrease the amount of grinding necessary, but at the same time prevent overleveling. (So more experience from wild pokemon and less from trainers)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    For EVs, you can use Hopeless Trainer Editor at https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=352109
    Address finding for XSE

For Trainer Experience, you have to edit the Pokemon's Experience. You can use G3T.
    Address finding for XSE

I don't know how to do the last part tho

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    Hi M̷̗̟̥̏a̶̰͐̐̇s̸͙̈͗̊o̵̡̩͐̑̒n̷̗̗̈ and thanks for the reply. That's helpful, but I still want to change the formula for experience: Otherwise you get to many experience during fights. (And more notably while fighting the top-4.) More specifically: I want to increase the experience for wild pokemon but decrease the experience for trainer fights

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I don't know if it helps, maybe you can request an asm routine in the asm resource thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    So I should relocate this Thread to Decomp & Disassembly Help? How do I do that? (I'm a bit overwhelmed because I have next to none experience with asking questions in forums)

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi all,

A few weeks back, I did my first nuzlocke (pokemon ruby) and from there I decided to make a more nuzlocke-friendly rom hack for emerald. So far I downloaded AdvancedTrainer, AdvancedMap and XSE to achieve that.

Right now there are two things I want to do with XSE: Firstly I want to change the Experience and EV given from fights. Secondly I want to eliminate the badge boost.

To my best understanding, I need to find the correct addresses, where those things are handled and then change the code accordingly. So far I haven't had much luck with finding those addresses. What I have found so far is this:

The flags used for the badges (and also for the badge boost) are 0x867 (attack), 0x868 (defence), 0x869 (speed) and 0x86d (special attack & defence). Also there are a few places where those flags appear according to this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9600980&postcount=20

However, removing the flags at those places didn't seem to prevent the badge boost.

(Also I've not been able to find anything useful for the experience so far.)

What are the correct addresses? Or barring that knowledge, how do I find them?

Edit: I do want to change the formula for experience, since I want to decrease the amount of grinding necessary, but at the same time prevent overleveling. (So more experience from wild pokemon and less from trainers)

You could try to make your hack by modifying the pokeemerald decompilation.
    Here is a tutorial on installing pokeemerald.

After you've installed it, just follow this tutorial to remove badge boosts.
    And you can modify the exp gain formula here in src/battle_script_commands.c

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2022
    Okay, I have tried out a few things and thought a bit about my problems. I did find a solution for both:

I can change the experience in different ways for different pokemon. Considering that the top 4 don't use a lot of pokemon you can encounter in the wild, I can make them yield less experience than other pokemon.

As to the badge boosts, changing the flags into some unused flag will solve that problem. For some reason the badge isn't shown in your trainer pass after that, but I can live with that. (And I'm pretty confident, that nothing game braking happens because of this change.)

Not the most elegant solutions, but they should work.

Once again: Thanks for the help.

How do I add a check mark to the title as indication that this problem has been solved?

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Okay, I have tried out a few things and thought a bit about my problems. I did find a solution for both:

I can change the experience in different ways for different pokemon. Considering that the top 4 don't use a lot of pokemon you can encounter in the wild, I can make them yield less experience than other pokemon.

As to the badge boosts, changing the flags into some unused flag will solve that problem. For some reason the badge isn't shown in your trainer pass after that, but I can live with that. (And I'm pretty confident, that nothing game braking happens because of this change.)

Not the most elegant solutions, but they should work.

Once again: Thanks for the help.

How do I add a check mark to the title as indication that this problem has been solved?

If you go to your first post, click edit, and then click "Use Full Editor", it'll let you edit the title of the thread, which lets you select a new option from the dropdown for the flair, allowing you to pick the ticked version instead

Back