• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adult Swim better than Cartoon Network?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
Years
  • If any of you think that Adult Swim should have a network please post here.
    Now that "School" is starting I won't be able to watch some shows. This bytes, I've been watching AS all summer long and finally went to bed at 3:00 A.M. :sleeping: So do you think that AS should have it's own network?

Years
  • Well, duh. It depends on the audience. Adult Swim is much more aimed towards the adult population. And I'm sure there aren't so many adults out there who enjoy watching slapstick cartoons but a more stylized version of comedy portrayed in adult swim.

Cartoon Network on the other hand aims towards a younger audience.

You can't really say which one's better. No child would find Adult Swim interesting. No adult would watch a cartoon about two kids and a grim reaper and enjoy it as much as Family Guy.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I'd like it to have its own network. I'd be able to watch Fullmetal Alchemist instead of buying the DVDs endlessly..

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • (Spanish)Claro, especialmente si es despues de que yo salgo de la escuela.
    (English)Of course,Especially if it's in the afternoon after I get out of school.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Kasanai Tsumi said:
    Especialy if it also had FMA, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, and a crap load of other things I can think of!

Yeah, and I bet they would bring back YuYuHakusho since it's been gone from CN for almost 1 year. I wanna see that show again. :)

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
  • Niko said:
    Well, duh. It depends on the audience. Adult Swim is much more aimed towards the adult population. And I'm sure there aren't so many adults out there who enjoy watching slapstick cartoons but a more stylized version of comedy portrayed in adult swim.

Cartoon Network on the other hand aims towards a younger audience.

You can't really say which one's better. No child would find Adult Swim interesting. No adult would watch a cartoon about two kids and a grim reaper and enjoy it as much as Family Guy.
    thats not true I'm only ten and I watch inuyasha and fullmetal alchamest on adult swim.
    and yes I agree adults swim needs its own channel

Years
  • I love Adult Swim and all, but I doubt it will get it's own network. While that would rock my socks off, I just don't think it would happen.
    It should, but it won't.
    And if it did, it wouldn't be a part of basic cable, I'd bet. You'd have to order it, or something...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • If you really think that Time Warner would air FMA or any of its content other than Futurama before 9 clock then you seriously need to get a reality check. When it did become its own network, half would be Toonami-esque material, and half would be AS material.

Once AS becomes financially profitable, it'll become its own network. On another note, AS actually gets higher ratings than Cartoon Network... so, yeah.

FullMetalPipsqueak

What Goes Here?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2011
    I actually think that [as] would do good if it got its own network. But not as a cable channel, but instead as a select sattelite network.

Kay11190

The Drifter
    Years
  • Yeah it would do good as it's own Network and I'd like it alot but I'm not sure about the chances of it. If it did I don't think I'd do anything but atch tv

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Remember when they used to show Yu Yu Hakusho in AS? It was better there cause they showed the Uncut versions not like they showed on CN.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Meh, if you want to watch Adult Swim on school nights, tape it or if you're lucky enough to have one, dvr or tvo.
    I like AS better on cartoon network except they should start a tad bit earlier like around ten because I seriously doubt kids can stay up that late on school nights watching tv.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • Crystal Clair said:
    Meh, if you want to watch Adult Swim on school nights, tape it or if you're lucky enough to have one, dvr or tvo.
    I like AS better on cartoon network except they should start a tad bit earlier like around ten because I seriously doubt kids can stay up that late on school nights watching tv.

Bad Idea. I like DBZ Uncut so they can't

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • AS needs it's own network. It starts at ten here so no problem here. XD

I think they should have a ATHF marathon. XD

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • You do realise that AS isn't supposed to be for kids, even though it gets phenomenal ratings for teenagers?
    Ever thought that's why they put it at 11pm?
    No... of course not -_-

Back