• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] advance map scripting help

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    in the picture attatched, the signs circled are bugging me. sign 3 says what i want it to say, sign 1 says half of what sign 3 says (i want it to say somthing completly different) and sign 2 says half of what sign 1 says (same with this one)

i got it to work before, but when i tried to change a person event script, it changed the signs. i have tried going to the backups, but it still doesnt work.

what is happening is it is changing what the message is in the code for each sign, but whenever i update it back, it changes another one?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    It sounds like your offsets are overlapping, how are you inserting/compiling your scripts?

For it to work, but only have half the message, sounds like a pointer-issue.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    It sounds like your offsets are overlapping, how are you inserting/compiling your scripts?

For it to work, but only have half the message, sounds like a pointer-issue.
    thanks that was it!!! i dont think the offsets were done correctly.

Back