• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ADVANCE MAP TILES CREATOR NEEDED ?!?!

FireFig

Ignite
Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    One phrase : I SUCK AT MAP MAKING :(

Secondly it keeps tiring me each and every time it fails so I am looking for someone who has skills in inserting tiles I will attach the sample map and the tiles used in it. Plz take this request :(

P.S : contact my discord if u have any doubt's or queries (Azz~kun#3206)

Attachments

• 8ae5513633d5a575ce95cafb958dd15c.png
      8ae5513633d5a575ce95cafb958dd15c.png
      496.5 KB · Views: 7
    • images (8).jpeg
      images (8).jpeg
      65.4 KB · Views: 9

FireFig

Ignite
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I know those stuff (if I didn't know it I would have posted it in ROM hacking help :|) I put this thread in launch pad so someone can create a map patch with those tiles ;)

Years
    • Seen today
    Azz~kun

Not to be a buzzkill, but chances are small that people are going to make a tileset for you out of the blue. It's a very time-consuming activity, which can be pretty hard to do. Also, if you don't provide context for its use, chances are even smaller someone is going to react.

Regarding the pictures you attached to your post, those (especially the first) are definitely way too large to put in two tilesets (which is the maximum of one map) of a ROM hack. You need to choose which tiles of that tileset you want to import. Check the tilesets in Vanilla Fire Red to get an idea what kind of tiles are put in the first tileset and what kind of tiles are put in the second tileset. This tutorial by Anthroyd might be useful to know how tilesets work in a ROM hack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSTKPdTxGBs&list=PLfI5DBI4tNyLBYGNhf1Ee8cgdmMtiilps&index=5.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2020
    You can commission people to make tilesets, but for free? Nah. Also, are you recruiting any other positions for a hack?

Back