• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[AdvanceMap] Overlaying warp and script events

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Hello guys! I am a new comer in the community and first, thanks everyrone for the amazing job you're all doing here and for the help you are sharing.

On my hack I want the player to be called by his mom to join her, on the first time he leaves his room.
    Then I wrote a script event that I placed at the same location the warp event is (downstairs). The thing is that it doesn't activate.
    I have to move away and get back there to initiate it.
    Here's a screen of the map
    [AdvanceMap] Overlaying warp and script events
    Do you guys encountered this issue ? I didn't really find a topic refering to this case so if any of you has a clue, that would be great !

Have a nice day guys !

Years
    First It will Not really work.
    You need to put your script in the Header..go to Header and you can see where you can put your script..
    It called level script, it can activate a script when your entering a new territory or new place..it hold 7 seven option..
    Feel free to ask me if you need to know what that 7 option stand for..and what are the things they can do..I will not write it these for now..maybe you already know..but if not..just ask me..I forgot my account, so I made a new one..so it say new member..btw goodluck

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Thanks for your help bro ! True I didn't even consider making it as a level script. Just changed it now for a 02 level script and it works well.

Just having another issue. It quick repeating itself. I put the right variable number and didn't forget to use setvar 0xvarnumber 0x1 at the end of the script. Would you have an idea of what could cause it ?

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Of course, thanks again !

Here is my level script (the offset found by XSE is $8010C0)
    (don't mind french sentences, my hack is in french but using an english FireRed)

Spoiler:

And here my map's header
    Spoiler:

Thanks for your time

Years
    I don't see anything wrong about these script but my theory is :
    1.Did you compile your script in professional map viewer..sometimes the scripts contain raw 0xffff that can destroy the game or script.
    2.If you use a dangerous setvar value it can lead to some error, use safe setvar/flag to make sure your script will succeed
    examples of safe setvar is 5000-7000
    the other value of setvar is in the game itself so it's not safe to use
    examples of safe setflag is 400-700 you can go higher but don't touch the flag 800-899 it dangerous it contains some ingame flag
    3. This is important, if you use a same @org, i mean example you use @start,
    @talk1, @talk2 etc
    you can't use it again in the other script, i mean you can but your script succeeding well be less effiecient, i advice you use @a1, @a2, @a3 and so on.
    example you use @a1,@a2 in your script 1,
    you can't use it again in script 2.
    4. If you keep Compiling your script, for testing it can lead to destroying whole script, change the @(pointer) to fix it.
    examples @a1 change it to @b2 to freshout your script.

That's is all my theory, why your'e script can't do thier job properly.
    Your script is fine. nothing wrong, maybe follow my advice to succeed in your script to make less trial and error..If it still did'nt work, im sorry i can't help you. :)

Addition if you're Hacking fire red,
    hacked FIRE RED 1.0
    It can use for over all firered tool,
    im just saying, cause your just starting, you can change it as soon as possible, almost tool will not work on firered 1.1. So many hackers use 1.0

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    I don't see anything wrong about these script but my theory is :
    1.Did you compile your script in professional map viewer..sometimes the scripts contain raw 0xffff that can destroy the game or script.
    2.If you use a dangerous setvar value it can lead to some error, use safe setvar/flag to make sure your script will succeed
    examples of safe setvar is 5000-7000
    the other value of setvar is in the game itself so it's not safe to use
    examples of safe setflag is 400-700 you can go higher but don't touch the flag 800-899 it dangerous it contains some ingame flag
    3. This is important, if you use a same @org, i mean example you use @start,
    @talk1, @talk2 etc
    you can't use it again in the other script, i mean you can but your script succeeding well be less effiecient, i advice you use @a1, @a2, @a3 and so on.
    example you use @a1,@a2 in your script 1,
    you can't use it again in script 2.
    4. If you keep Compiling your script, for testing it can lead to destroying whole script, change the @(pointer) to fix it.
    examples @a1 change it to @b2 to freshout your script.

That's is all my theory, why your'e script can't do thier job properly.
    Your script is fine. nothing wrong, maybe follow my advice to succeed in your script to make less trial and error..If it still did'nt work, im sorry i can't help you. :)

Addition if you're Hacking fire red,
    hacked FIRE RED 1.0
    It can use for over all firered tool,
    im just saying, cause your just starting, you can change it as soon as possible, almost tool will not work on firered 1.1. So many hackers use 1.0

Thank you very much for all those tracks. I am using Fire red 1.0 but it's good to know !
    For now I am not refering to any of the script's "@" in another script and I am using safe variable values so I would suppose that the problem might be the first option you suggested.
    I am using XSE to compile my scripts. I found some tutorial explaining the need to replace 0xFFFF in the script so I am exploring this.
    Btw do you know were is the decompling box ? I would like to follow this method :

Spoiler:

Years
    Click the Wrench Button in the Top first, then compile it, you can find the compile button in the top selection its right next to it..muscle memory sorry ahha
    I use PKSV,So im 99% sure.
    PkSv it easy to use, but there is less tutorial than XSE,

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Click the Wrench Button in the Top first, then compile it, you can find the compile button in the top selection its right next to it..muscle memory sorry ahha
    I use PKSV,So im 99% sure.
    PkSv it easy to use, but there is less tutorial than XSE,

Haha it's all fine mate !
    Well I could find it. So I changed this 0xFFFF thing into 0x0. I need to compile back to the ROM but it says "no dynamic offset specified".
    So should I add another #dynamic command ?
    Thanks one more time !

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2021
    Okay so I added a setvar 0x4015 0x1 in the @yes part. This corrected the "repeating script problem".
    Then I had a glitch with weird characters in the script. I added a #dynamic 0x801000 at the top of the decompled script as you suggest.
    Now everything is solved :)

Thank you again bro ! You were really helpful ! And it pushed me to use my head a little more haha.
    It's good to know that cool people like you are around, especially as a beginner !

Back