• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] AdvanceMap wild PKMN rarity

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    Hello
    I have a question about AdvanceMap: does the order of the wild Pokémon on the list affect the chances of encounter? As an example, please consider the image below; would it be more likely to encounter a Raichu than a Chikorita?

AdvanceMap wild PKMN rarity

If there is a different encounter rate depending on the order of the Pokémon, could you please explain precisely how the rate differs in each of the [12] positions?
    Thanks a bunch

[Edit: I'm only asking because the AdvanceMap tutorials I've read haven't answered this.]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    There actually are different encounter rates. You can use Advance Map 1.95 for checking the encounter rates, but use it only for that. The encounter rates are also always the same across maps.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2020
    There actually are different encounter rates. You can use Advance Map 1.95 for checking the encounter rates, but use it only for that. The encounter rates are also always the same across maps.

Thank you so much!

Bladecraft

It's written "Bladecraft" on my forehead.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2020
    It's 20%/20%/10%/10%/10%/10%/5%/5%/4%/4%/1%/1% respectively.

Back