• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advice on 4th Gen Moveset/Nature/EV for Milotic

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    This what I have so far:

Milotic (Bold) @
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 Def/
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Hypnosis
    - Recover

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Milotic@lefties
    Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 200 Defense, 58 Ap. Att.
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Surf

Restalk milo. Uh...ta da!

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Well ... you have posted the title 4th gen/nature.. etc... but you have used standard 3gen moves. Your set is good, maybe Mirror Coat over Hypnosis and also, listen to anti-pop.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Mirror Coat milotic was splendid in 3rd gen but lost power in D/P, with nasty plot and new sweepers in the mix. Still here it is:

Milotic@Leftovers
    Bold
    EVs: 252 HP, 126 Defense, 126 Sp. Def, 6 Sp. Att
    ~Recover
    ~Mirror Coat
    ~Surf
    ~Ice Beam

Not sure on the EVs, but meh.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I'm still in the dark ages.. I haven't quite mastered the new D/P moves.. pokemon.. and stuff like that.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I'm still in the dark ages.. I haven't quite mastered the new D/P moves.. pokemon.. and stuff like that.

Same here. I did research to figure out D/P. I personallly hate those games. Either milotic works okay, I like restalk myself.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I reckon those games are alright, but I don't really like the new D/P pokemon and moves. Confuse me everyday. :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2007
    Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 148 HP / 240 Def / 120 SpAtk
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Hypnosis

personally i like this set better. up to what benefits your team more really.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Hypnosis

personally i like this set better. up to what benefits your team more really.

Just sharing my comments too. Yeah, personally id use that too. But like what anti-pop said, these new moves like Nasty Plot are overtaking. Just keep that in mind Red X.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2008
    2 Milotics I use

Milotic@Leftovers
    Trait: Marvel Scale
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/172 DEF/80 SDEF

Surf/Hydropump
    Icebeam
    Rest
    Sleep talk

or

Milotic@Burn Orb
    Trait: Marvel scale
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP/ 172 DEF/ 80 SDEF

Surf/Hydropump
    Icebeam
    Hypnosis
    Recover

thanks for the help, just need a bit of ev help

if I give a pokemon 10 vitiimins for both stats?

- If I have a Pokemon holding a Macho Brace how many battles against Pokemon that give +2 EV points would I need to get 149 Def?
    - If I have a Pokemon holding a Macho Brace how many battles against Pokemon that give +2 EV points would I need to get 108 SDef?

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Gosh I'm not going to go on a rant about how horrible it is to take Leftovers away from Milotic and give it Flame Orb. Would you do that to a Blissey? Then don't do it to Milotic. She already has Sandstorm to deal with and stronger physical attacks.

Restalk Milotic sucks this generation. With the special and physical move split Restalk Milotic is now a liability. Not to mention you only have a 66% chance of attacking.

This is the standard Milotic.

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Recover
    - Hypnosis

There are variants but stay ture to Hypnolotic. Why? 70% chance of disabling a raging sweeper is why.

Back