• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Advice on Change Documentation

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    How detailed should I be making my change log for my hack? Should I be putting down specific pokemon and items I have edited or am I good to make general statements and let players figure it out as they play once I have a releasable version?

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    If you have statistical changes, or new pokemon locations, I would suggest making a separate document with that information. A basic change log should be for what types of changes you made and a brief summary. Basically someone can look it and see if they want those sort of changes or not.

ellabrella

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    • She/It
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    if you're making a decomp hack, and you don't want to make detailed documentation, you can just make the github repo public, as people can search that to find things like level up learnsets, encounters etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    Documentation is always good, and details are helpful. But as someone who released a hack earlier this year, even if you post the details and create a github wiki, you're still going to get people asking the same questions instead of looking for the answer themselves (and even asking the same question that a poster just before them asked).

Back