• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Affordable graphics tablet?

Monophobia

Already Dead
Years
  • I've been looking into graphics tablets lately so that I can start off my digital art hobby that I've always wanted to do. Was surprised at all the options out there - and a little overwhelmed.

Came here looking for suggestions. What graphics tablet do you use (if you use one)? What do you recommend that is both affordable and has quality?

I looked at the Intuos Pen from Wacom for $79, but I wasn't all too sure.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I have a VisTablet Realm and I love it. But, I did have to set aside quite a bit of money to get it. If you want something affordable, I'd stick with the VisTablet line. It's not as solid as Wacom, but it's always been a reliable brand for me. Then again, if you do want to get the extra features, pen sensitivity, and quality in make (which is totally worth it) than Wacom is your way to go. Mostly what you'd be sacrificing is size.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • I have a VisTablet Realm and I love it. But, I did have to set aside quite a bit of money to get it. If you want something affordable, I'd stick with the VisTablet line. It's not as solid as Wacom, but it's always been a reliable brand for me. Then again, if you do want to get the extra features, pen sensitivity, and quality in make (which is totally worth it) than Wacom is your way to go. Mostly what you'd be sacrificing is size.

I really like what I saw from VT, but the deal breaker is that it doesn't bundle any software with it like Wacom does. Wacom offers to include Autodesk Sketchbook Express and Artrage Studio with their Intuos Pen, but I'm not entirely sure how good those programs are to begin with.

PokéDraw1

Gotta Draw'Em All!
    Years
  • Intuos 4, but don't get a small or medium, you'll be disappointed. Or you can get on the waiting list for the Monoprice 19 inch interactive display. It's really cool but they sell out all the time. Monoprice Product Number: 10707

I'd post links but the site won't let me since I'm new here.

Monophobia

Already Dead
    Years
  • Intuos 4, but don't get a small or medium, you'll be disappointed. Or you can get on the waiting list for the Monoprice 19 inch interactive display.

Notice I said affordable in the title. I could build my own computer for $400! Granted, not a very good one, but you get the picture...

Last edited:
    Back