• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ages of Pokemon anime characters

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    When Ash first started out on his pokemon journey,he was 10 years old. Now he is a 14 year old.

I don't believe that Jesse or James is still 17 years old,now they're both in their 20s.

Brock is about 18,or 19. And May is now 12 years old,Max is probably 10 now.

Years
    Says who? You? I believe it was confirmed by the creators of the show that the characters don't age to allow the anime to appeal to its target market more.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    Ash: 10
    May: 10
    Dawn: 10
    Brock: 10
    Misty: 10
    Max: 10
    Tracey: 10
    Gary: 10
    Jesse: 4
    James: 10
    Meowth: 9000

I has answers.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years

I has answers.
    Pokemon Age? Gary is ten but in the first episode shown that he is allowed to drive so i'm guessing he's 16 brock too and james and jesse are 23 and tracey 12? and max 8

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Making a thread and guessing ages is not a very good thing accepted by the mafia around here :|.

For all we know, it could either be Ash is delaying puberty or the writers don't like to age the characters and are giving the the "Simpsons Line"

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They stay the same age, even though it said they had been travelling for a year in Indigo League and even though Ash looks older in his DP clothes

Professor Oak: 10

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    I would like to know Jessies and James' ages...(not if they actually age, I don't think anyone ages in Pokemonanime) because some sources say they're around 17 but Bulbapedia says they're 25 (their source is Pokeani).
    I'd like to know which is right...Or is there a difference between Manga Anime and/or game? I hope someone knows...

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    They do have ages. It just doesn't change. Anyway, I believe TR would be at least 25 years old (17, are u kiddin me).

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Does that make any sense? If they did age, someone, anyone, at least o e person, would have to change in appearance.
    They have fixed ages, like Dawn is 10, Brock is 15 etc. I meant that they don't grow or the ages remain the same.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    They have fixed ages, like Dawn is 10, Brock is 15 etc. I meant that they don't grow or the ages remain the same.

Reading back on my post, I realize what I said now. I do agree with you though.

Having these kinds of threads come up over and over really has me tired of repeating myself.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    For me, it's pointless to even determine it. They discuss nothing much about aging in the show, and for all we know they might as well all be 10 or even ageless. They don't comment on age, unless the new trainer is starting out, after that it is just a dropped topic.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Even though it's not uncommon in fiction (particularly serial fiction, even in franchises that have been around longer than Pokemon) for characters to basically be "ageless", let's just pretend that there was an aging process.

And I bet it isn't as dramatic as "omgzers Ash is teh 22 lolzers" people think.

There's almost 600 episodes aired, to date. Assuming 1 episode=1 day*, that's still less than 2 years. Assuming Ash started on his 10th birthday in the pilot, he hasn't even hit the age of 12.

*Yes, I fully realize that some episodes take place over the course of many weeks. And some 2-3 parters all take place in 24 hours. But for the sake of the argument, 1 episode=1 day.

Yes, Pokemon isn't realistic. Big deal. It's universe is based around little monsters with unexplained powers that will battle to the (almost) death. If you can suspend your disbelief for that, then you can accept that Ash and co are ageless.

Back