• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aggron V.S Tyranitar

Which Pokemon is better?

• Aggron

Votes: 24 47.1%
  • Tyranitar

Votes: 27 52.9%

• Total voters
Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Me and my friend are having a sort of a rivalship between my Aggron and his Tyranitar. I was just wondering, which one would you choose.

I would choose Aggron because it has amazing defence while still mantaining a decent attack stat.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I fight with Aggron, and that's exactly why T-tar wins. Aggron's x4 to EQ and FTG isn't worth anything it can do whatsoever.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    dis is a bit diff, then da nido vs tyran poll because aggron is a steel/ground type while tyranitar is ground/dark but has a rock hard body, to me some pkmn are 3 types in one, but thats besides da point, it will be a tought match but aggron for sure

Ayselipera

I'd say Aggron though just because it looks cooler.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Aggron is a pokemon adored by me! But in terms of power and the ability to survive, Tyranitar is a clear winner. I have kept aggron multiple times in my team an have had quite a lot experience about him. Aggron is very strong (looks a lot cooler than tyranitar too!) as he has mammoth defense and good attack but where it lacks is sp def and speed. If it would have had more speed then I think he would have had the real power to destroy anything! Tyranitar has much more attack than aggron and is very good in every other stat besides speed(110 def,95 sp atk,100 sp def, 100 Hp and Speed=61 :( ).Tyranitar can quickly own aggron with its STABed Earthquake + brutal attack power. I know that aggron has a defense of 180 but even it cant face a STABed earthquake from T-tar. Thus I think that Tyranitar is better but I always prefer Aggron over tyranitar in terms of coolness.( I love both of them)

Not really. If you get Aggrons stats slightly boosted, he has mammoth power that can't be beat. Tyranitars awesome too but Aggrons better I think.
    Not even a stat boosted aggron can't beat t-tar unless the trainer is reckless. Face the reality!

Last edited:

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Just saying, Aggron can learn Earthquake too.
    So? Unlike Tyranitar (who's both faster AND more powerful than Aggron), Aggron is 4x weak to Earthquake (so his defense doesn't mean anything there).

And Zenus, if you "give Aggron's stats a slight boost," that's a pretty weak arguement since the same can be applied to Tyranitar as well. Not to mention, Tyranitar actually gets Dragon Dance to boost his attack (and his rather poor speed), while Aggron has to rely on a Choice Band or SubLiechi strategy if he wants an attack boost.

Last edited:

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Me and my friend are having a sort of a rivalship between my Aggron and his Tyranitar. I was just wondering, which one would you choose.
    You guys sounds like Roark and Byron in the gym rematches in Platinum, just saying.. XD

*wall of text blah blah* I know that aggron has a defense of 180 but even it cant face a STABed earthquake from T-tar.

Whilst its pre-evos does get STAB on Earthquake, Tar doesn't ;P

I always included Aron and its evos on my team in Emerald.
    They always fell to weak electric attacks like Shock Wave. Lesson learned : Tar is more reliable, and more powerful. But after all, Aron was kewl. Aggron all the way! :D

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I voted for tyrannitar, since the poll was which one was better. I prefer aggron, but I do have to admit that a tyrannitar is much more powerfull in battle.

Back