• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aggron

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    frostweaver said:
    And first of all Electabuzz has thunderbolt anyway as its sp.attack. Aggron will much rather take a blast of psychic from Electabuzz than thunderbolt...

Maybe you didn't read it well, I said hidden Sp (a Sp move that needs to be tought from tm or from breeding). And I was talking about Electabuzz I never said anything about using Electabuzz against Aggron, you assumed that by yourself. Any 2day old person knows its Thunder/bolt over Psychic against Aggron. And please, read before you post.

Aggron's sp.def maybe low, but its defense is amazing unlike what you said. 400+ def is certainly very high. That is why you put rest. It has very high endurance. It may fall prey to special attack, and so this is the time where you need good sense of judgement. You need to know what the opponent will most likely have as an attack (should not be a hard thing to do as RS is pretty much totally explored by now). Also you will need rest to fight off will o wisp and the paralyzation too.

Sorry was thinking of Sarpedo, I ment its Sp all together stinks. And having a strong Def doen't count towards Sp moves like Surf.

Unlike Sharpedo, Aggron doesn't have any speed at all. Also Aggron's attack power is lower than Sharpedo's.

Aggron- 319 attack, 199 speed (no personality bonus, max EV)
    Sharpedo- 339 attack, 289 speed (no personality bonus, max EV)

You'll die before you start charging... Aggron takes a lot of knowledge to use from the trainer. The trainer must know every single common moveset very well, knowing which ones have special attacks and which one doesn't, and pick Aggron's opponents carefully.

Look, its attack is well over 300, its Speed and Sp stink. Smart trainers will attack you with Sp moves right away, would you try strategic moves (Toxic ect) or take advantage of that 319 attack an hit 'um hard with Earthqake. You die knowing you inflicted serious damage not wasting time and HP.

Look up ^^^^^ *points* ^^^^^

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Hm... can't quote a quote... guess I'll just comment them without quoting then.

Nothing is hidden in Ru/Sa game anymore. We KNOW these so called "hidden sp.attack." By studying common movesets, you should know what these tm/egg moves are. For example, it is common sense for a Starmie to have either ice beam, thunderbolt, surf or psychic up for its disposal (so you run in advance to ANY of these attacks). However you do know that a Crobat cannot have any possible sp.attack (if it does then this Crobat ought to be shot), so that's the time you use Aggron against it. It's not like anyone in the world will not use tms on his/her/its Pokemon. Only a very few Pokemon in the game does not need any assistance from egg moves and tm/hms.

We do use Blissey with its physical defense like crap. It has the lowest physical defense in the game. So a "good player" will just unleash a powerful physical attack and it would be the end of Blissey, right? However a real good player knows when it's the time to run, and when it's the time to stay. There is a reason for Blissey to be so feared off- its high special defense regardless of the stinky physical defense. You have to know what moves the opponent have, pull out Blissey at the right time to block the sp.att, and let the game continue. If the opponent is sending out a physical attacker, you run for your life. Same applies to Aggron. Pull it out against a physical attacker, and switch it out when it's a special attacker.

By reading through numerous posts, fixes, and comments from other experienced player, I believe that it's safe for me to call myself someone who knows what the common movesets are. Unless it is a new and original moveset for the opponent's pokemon, I should be able to predict what move the opponent is going to use. Even Hidden Power can be taken into calculation, as you will not be seeing a Ludicolo with Hidden Power of any element. With knowledge similar to these, a trainer can safely call out when it's the time to send out a physically strong Pokemon in defense, or a sp.defensive Pokemon.

And now regarding your last argument, it is rather weak... with a low speed it's very difficult to unleash a final attack before the opponents finish you off (catching a Pokemon on a switch is another story though.) Plus with so much other Pokemon with rest out there, it's not surprising to see both Pokemon using rest at the same time, resulting in both Pokemon going back to full health without taking any damage during the sleep time. When the opponent is using rest, also use rest to your advantage.

If you still think that Aggron isn't endurable enough to have rest, then you have a lot of people to persuade regarding Sceptile having rest... I don't have much more to say if you are still not convinced.

Spike Razzor

Years
    You see, everyone knows when its time to run. but you can't run forever, I seen people switching out constantly on Netbattle. Trying to get that x2 weakness you, for example.

Charizard, it doing good and is ready for your next move. my opponent send out Blastoise, I decide to run a switch to Electabuzz. You switch to Dugtrio, and it keeps going on getting cheat hits on every switch. Thats not a battle thats just dodging.

But thats nowhere near how I play. Sure you can be playing buy elements and calculation, but thats not always the way to win. Let me show you how I take advantage of a slow thinker.

Charizard, it doing good and is ready for your next move. my opponent send out Blastoise, I decide to run a switch to Electabuzz. But I know my opponent plays by using the elements to beat there challangers, he thinks im gonna Thunder his Blastoise but Im 2 steps ahead. Knowing Electric has only 1 weakness (Ground) I will factor that in and know hes gonna send out his Dugtrio to cancel out and Electric attack, or a tough Grass type. but I know that and instead of trying to attack Blastoise with Thunder I will use Ice Punch, my opponent switches to Dugtrio. I land that Ice Punch which does some good damage, since he just swiches and im way faster I get a second attack. Thats game for him.

See, there is a time to run and a time to attack. But you gotta know how to think ahead, being smart got me throught Netbattle. In other words, a smart trainer is a real trainer.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    A few things with your theory, Spike:

1) Belly drum on Blastoise's switch in = bye bye blasty, provided blasty's not at full health at the time.
    2) Blasty's trainer CAN predict you using Ice punch AND use Earthquake for a quick hit/KO.
    3) I never saw you on NB :( What name do you go by there?

Spike Razzor

Years
    Mana Lugia said:
    A few things with your theory, Spike:

1) Belly drum on Blastoise's switch in = bye bye blasty, provided blasty's not at full health at the time.
    2) Blasty's trainer CAN predict you using Ice punch AND use Earthquake for a quick hit/KO.
    3) I never saw you on NB :( What name do you go by there?

1) Never seen anyone using Belly Drum with Blastoise, even if anyone did I could still thunder right after and simply knock it out there.

2) Same thing, I could attack him again.

3) Names F.S. there.

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Years
    First off, unless the world reversed, I'm PRETTY sure I referred to belly drum as CHARIZARD using Belly drum when you switch in Blastoise, and since Charizard's speed is high (298), you'd be KOing the blastoise with the earthquake before it fires a surf off.

Next, What you're claiming is that you're the only smart battler, and that others cannot predict at all. This is, in fact, false. You bring out buzz, they use blastoise to earthquake. You thunder, they mirror coat. You don't thunder, they predict and Quake, so either way there's somewhere where if they play better, they'd be massacaring you instead of the other way around.

Spike Razzor

Years
    Mana Lugia said:
    First off, unless the world reversed, I'm PRETTY sure I referred to belly drum as CHARIZARD using Belly drum when you switch in Blastoise, and since Charizard's speed is high (298), you'd be KOing the blastoise with the earthquake before it fires a surf off.

Next, What you're claiming is that you're the only smart battler, and that others cannot predict at all. This is, in fact, false. You bring out buzz, they use blastoise to earthquake. You thunder, they mirror coat. You don't thunder, they predict and Quake, so either way there's somewhere where if they play better, they'd be massacaring you instead of the other way around.
    a good 90% of people using blastoise has this moveset, I could ask around Netbattle if you wanted.

Ice Beam
    Earthqauke
    Surf
    Haze/Body Slam

And out of the 100+ battles, 41 recorded and scriped battles I have been in noone ever did use Mirrior Coat with Blastoise, I saw it 2 times with Corsola and Electrode. They way your telling me this your making a Pokemon with a death wish. I could of used Psychic or Chross Chop even so, but I guess you didn't factor that in either now did you? -.0.

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Years
    I polled 100 people. Out of the 100 people, none of them are guys. That means the world has 0% guys and everyone in the world is a girl.

I polled 10 people. 5 of the 10 people like Oreos better than Caramilk. Therefore, 50% of the world like Caramilk better than Oreo.

I polled 50 people. 30 of the 50 people have living grandparents. Therefore, in my school of 1000 people, only 600 of them have living grandparents.

What is wrong with the picture?

to your response: First off, you didn't say you were using Psychic or cross chop. All you said was that your opponent was stupid and will always allow YOU to be "smart" and win because you are "technically superior".

In that sense, I want to face you in a battle.

Edit: Just read your response and how silly you made it look.

-> You claim that 90% of blastoises pack Earthquake
    -> You claim to use Psychic against Blastoise who quakes you.
    -> Therefore, gg Buzz.

FYI...

Go Charizard!
    Go Blastoise!

Return Char! Go Buzz!
    Blastoise used Earthquake!

Buzz used Thunderbolt!
    Blast used Earthquake! Buzz Fainted!

that's how it'd probably go.

Last edited:

Spike Razzor

Years
    Mana Lugia said:
    I polled 100 people. Out of the 100 people, none of them are guys. That means the world has 0% guys and everyone in the world is a girl.

I polled 10 people. 5 of the 10 people like Oreos better than Caramilk. Therefore, 50% of the world like Caramilk better than Oreo.

I polled 50 people. 30 of the 50 people have living grandparents. Therefore, in my school of 1000 people, only 600 of them have living grandparents.

What is wrong with the picture?

Poll the people with more wins on Netbattle, if you polled 10 and one said they would use Mirrior Coat then aboviously thats 90% of the people you asked whats the big problem? Im not seeing it

to your response: First off, you didn't say you were using Psychic or cross chop. All you said was that your opponent was stupid and will always allow YOU to be "smart" and win because you are "technically superior".

PLease I must be blind or something cause I can't find anything about me saying "My opponent was stupid and im smarter, so I win by being technically superior". And you decided to jump to conclutions and assume I would use Thunder. I think you should stop bending the truth cause you can't find a way to qoute back, because yes I have lost battles before. Im not a super person with 250 wins, im your avarage joe who seems to think ahead unlike some of the people I battled. Most people I battles just put on moves that can use that well and try to attack me, like thy may have a Crobat and instead of Confuse Ray to start they go straight for weakness moves.

In that sense, I want to face you in a battle.

Edit: Just read your response and how silly you made it look.

-> You claim that 90% of blastoises pack Earthquake (its true, and is common sense if you wanna knock out your one of your major weaknesses, there are Magnatons out there with 300 somthing Sp.Att)
    -> You claim to use Psychic against Blastoise who quakes you. (I informed you that I could of used it, once again your assuming.
    -> Therefore, gg Buzz. (w/e)

FYI...

Go Charizard!
    Go Blastoise!

Return Char! Go Buzz!
    Blastoise used Earthquake!

Buzz used Thunderbolt!
    Blast used Earthquake! Buzz Fainted!

that's how it'd probably go.
    You havn't factored in anything, Quake is a none Sp.Atk. Blastoise has 264 attack I think. And hey, we have items you know didn't factor that in.
    You can keep tempting me, but I always have something to quote back with. I can keep posting without being annoyed for a long, long time. Must of had your panties in a bunch or something.
    ^^^^^*points upwards*^^^^^

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    now from that statement about "items" alone made me wonder... there are usable items except for leftovers and miracleberry for a Blastoise? Plus i think Blastoise's EQ can't kill anything except for Magneton (unless the other pokemon is damaged beforehand)...

well I personally saw plenty of Blastoises that do not have earthquake and have something like composed of mirror coat, surf, ice beam, haze, rest or roar. With the provided blastoise moveset, no rest sounds rather ineffective (it's not like Blastoise can sweep... >_<;; ) However I never tried a moveset like that myself...

Mana Lugia

Years
    Aww, darn, I just missed you on NB. Apparently me hiding my team like real link battles wasn't to your liking =/

Anyways, to your rebuttle:

first, statistics: In other words, my 3 examples are all valid, correct? Because if 10 people say so, 10000 peopel must always have the same, because the variance in answer don't apply, correct?

Next...
    You see, everyone knows when its time to run. but you can't run forever, I seen people switching out constantly on Netbattle. Trying to get that x2 weakness you, for example.

Charizard, it doing good and is ready for your next move. my opponent send out Blastoise, I decide to run a switch to Electabuzz. You switch to Dugtrio, and it keeps going on getting cheat hits on every switch. Thats not a battle thats just dodging.

But thats nowhere near how I play. Sure you can be playing buy elements and calculation, but thats not always the way to win. Let me show you how I take advantage of a slow thinker.

Charizard, it doing good and is ready for your next move. my opponent send out Blastoise, I decide to run a switch to Electabuzz. But I know my opponent plays by using the elements to beat there challangers, he thinks im gonna Thunder his Blastoise but Im 2 steps ahead. Knowing Electric has only 1 weakness (Ground) I will factor that in and know hes gonna send out his Dugtrio to cancel out and Electric attack, or a tough Grass type. but I know that and instead of trying to attack Blastoise with Thunder I will use Ice Punch, my opponent switches to Dugtrio. I land that Ice Punch which does some good damage, since he just swiches and im way faster I get a second attack. Thats game for him.

See, there is a time to run and a time to attack. But you gotta know how to think ahead, being smart got me throught Netbattle. In other words, a smart trainer is a real trainer.
    Find the quote in that post that gives your opponent credit for the ability to think. That's right, I can't find any.

Next. damage calculation.
    Yes, Blastoise WILL 2HKO electabuzz. Yes, Electabuzz WILL 2HKO Blastoise. I have calculated both. Factoring in Leftovers, first off, I wouldn't know why you'd have Leftovers on Buzz, b/c once Buzz gets PAR'd, Buzz is dead. (generally speaking).

Next, you said, and I quote,
    I could of used Psychic or Chross Chop even so, but I guess you didn't factor that in either now did you? -.0.
    In other words, Electabuzz would die much easier, and I did not factor that in. Good work. I'm sure your ability to use psychic against a blastoise instead of Thunderbolt can deal so much more damage when Blastoise 2HKOs you.

And unlike you, I do factor in stats. I ran everything through a damage calcuator before I replied. But hey, you didn't think I did, did you? To you I'm just another newbie who doesn't know what he's talking about, aren't I?

Oh well, maybe if I clear my record under Extra Fluffy Pillow and go on as another name, you might actually face my 73% UU-ish team...

On a side note: Hiding your team isn't wrong. It's called Link battling. Second note: You can hide your team too.

Spike Razzor

Years
    Aww, darn, I just missed you on NB. Apparently me hiding my team like real link battles wasn't to your liking =/

Anyways, to your rebuttle:

first, statistics: In other words, my 3 examples are all valid, correct? Because if 10 people say so, 10000 peopel must always have the same, because the variance in answer don't apply, correct?
    No, you where busy babbling about asking the world, did I say he world? No I didn't. Assumtion

Next...

Find the quote in that post that gives your opponent credit for the ability to think. That's right, I can't find any.

Next. damage calculation.
    Yes, Blastoise WILL 2HKO electabuzz. Yes, Electabuzz WILL 2HKO Blastoise. I have calculated both. Factoring in Leftovers, first off, I wouldn't know why you'd have Leftovers on Buzz, b/c once Buzz gets PAR'd, Buzz is dead. (generally speaking).
    The only Pokemon I use leftovers on is Meganium, I know about x2 damage and Electabuzzes speed is 308 making it having a good chance of striking first, so I gave it Focus Band so I wouldn't need to waste my Machamp on people who use Cursing Snorlax (Curselax on Netbattle). It give me a chance to hold it may not work and I could of died. And once in awhile I could get a critical (yes i know it could of happened for you aswell.

Next, you said, and I quote,
    In other words, Electabuzz would die much easier, and I did not factor that in. Good work. I'm sure your ability to use psychic against a blastoise instead of Thunderbolt can deal so much more damage when Blastoise 2HKOs you.
    Once again Focus Band, you have a chance of being worng here.

And unlike you, I do factor in stats. I ran everything through a damage calcuator before I replied. But hey, you didn't think I did, did you? To you I'm just another newbie who doesn't know what he's talking about, aren't I?
    Damage calculator? You can't just use your own good sence of judgement?

Oh well, maybe if I clear my record under Extra Fluffy Pillow and go on as another name, you might actually face my 73% UU-ish team...

On a side note: Hiding your team isn't wrong. It's called Link battling. Second note: You can hide your team too.
    I changed my name once and lost my score, was that supose to happen? I had no clue that was you. I was chatting and put it on away. lets say you where facing a friend with a GBC, unless you never looked you would of known that Pokemon on his team. And you already told how to hide my team, I did once and felt kind of like I cheated somehow. Felt empty =\.

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Years
    No, you where busy babbling about asking the world, did I say he world? No I didn't. Assumtion
    If you can't say that your argument and statistics are accurate, then you have no argument. The reason to bring up statistics IS to boost your argument, not to hinder them.

I'm looking for your rebuttle, but hey, you can't come up with one.

The only Pokemon I use leftovers on is Meganium, I know about x2 damage and Electabuzzes speed is 308 making it having a good chance of striking first, so I gave it Focus Band so I wouldn't need to waste my Machamp on people who use Cursing Snorlax (Curselax on Netbattle). It give me a chance to hold it may not work and I could of died. And once in awhile I could get a critical (yes i know it could of happened for you aswell.
    In case you can't read my posts, you get quaked on the switch, so it'd be a OHKO, not a 2HKO in any case. In the event which Focus band works, which is around 10%, then there's a problem, because you're claiming you can win on the basis of 90% chance that you will lose.

Once again Focus Band, you have a chance of being worng here.
    More chance of me being right than me being wrong, so you lose out. That's like saying if I have bright powder, 10 of your bolts may miss in a row, so Blastoise can win with skull bash. Unlikely, possible, but not an argument.

Damage calculator? You can't just use your own good sence of judgement?
    Unlike you, I prefer to have proof to back up my argument. I could use my experiance or my judgment, which tells me Blastoise 2HKOs Electabuzz, but it's people like you, who'd say "OMFG YOU OFFER NO STATS CUZ I AM TEH SMRT AND FOCUS BAND WILL WORK AND BEAT YOUR BUTT DOWN" that I need to bring in statistics to prove you wrong. Side note, it's spelt "Sense"

I changed my name once and lost my score, was that supose to happen?
    Yes. Each name has a different record. Each of my names have a different record, and I have a d-amn lot of names.

I had no clue that was you. I was chatting and put it on away.
    Refusing my challenge first. ;)

lets say you WERE facing a friend with a GBC, unless you never looked you would HAVE known Which/what Pokemon Were on his team. And you already told how to hide my team, I did once and felt kind of like I cheated somehow. Felt empty =\.
    Then it's a good reason to refuse others who hide their team? ._. btw, your grammar is really lacking in that sentence. It took me 2 minutes to understand/reply to it.

In case you haven't noticed, you are arguing little points and technicalities that have more chance of fail than succeeding, and hence your argument is completely irrelevent and irrational. Unless you can provide some basis for your argument, I'm sorry, but there's nothing to argue about.

Last edited:
    Back