• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Agh!

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    Does Mesprit ever stop going to place to place? Every single time I'm so close near it it always jumps from town to town!

R.A.M.

KEY Fan
    Years
    It actually moves from one route to the other right next to it, that's why it is very important to go walking instead of using FLY because if you fly to a town close to it, it will move as many routes as you did when flying.
    A trick you can use is moving from one route to another, let's say from route 210 to 215, then go from one to another until Mesprit is in the same route as you. You'll need to use the Marking Map to track Mesprit. When Mesprit is in the ame route as you, use th Max Repel and make a Lv.35~49 pokemon the leader of the team, that way you'll find Mesprit easier.

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    It actually moves from one route to the other right next to it, that's why it is very important to go walking instead of using FLY because if you fly to a town close to it, it will move as many routes as you did when flying.
    A trick you can use is moving from one route to another, let's say from route 210 to 215, then go from one to another until Mesprit is in the same route as you. You'll need to use the Marking Map to track Mesprit. When Mesprit is in the ame route as you, use th Max Repel and make a Lv.35~49 pokemon the leader of the team, that way you'll find Mesprit easier.

Heheh I was using fly thanks for telling me that.

-Jirachi-

Fossil Gym
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2009
    The trick i used (and it works because i caught Cresselia and Mespirt this way) Fly to Hearthome City with the Marking Map up to watch their movements. When they come to a route outside of Hearthome WALK to the route. Then when your in grass in the route use a Repel and walk until they come.

This is where my Gengar came in handy. If you have a pokemon with Mean Look you'll be laughing. Use mean look then with THE SAME POKEMON keep knocking HP off Mespirt (or Cresselia depends on who your fighting) then when they get to low red HP (hopefully you are using Gengar with Hypnosis) put them to sleep and keep throwing Ultra Balls at them (or Dusk Balls if it's nighttime) and viola! :)

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2008
    Use false swipes on mesprit until it was 1HP left. Then put it to sleep, throw ultra balls or dusk balls if at night at it, and pray.

Took me like 2-3 hrs to catch it.

Phoenix Wright

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2007
    i hate those tricky legendaries.
    i got so pissed off at latios on ruby.
    it took me like 3 days to catch him.
    i kept going back and forth between the same routes until he got to my route and then i ran around forever, finally ran in to him, i got one hit on him, then he fled. so the next time (it took forever to find him the next time) i finally ran into him, put him to sleep and caught it.
    it was so aggrivating.
    anyway, yeah, mesprit is the same way, just keep going back and forth between routes, he'll eventually come.

Years

That's exactly what I did, although none of my Pokemon knew Mean Look so I got in one attack before it fled.

High level Golbat's with Mean Look are very useful (you can catch them in Victory Road at lvl 55)

*xPokemon-Ninja-Girlx*

Starting a Riot!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 22, 2007
    i hate those tricky legendaries.
    i got so pissed off at latios on ruby.
    it took me like 3 days to catch him.
    i kept going back and forth between the same routes until he got to my route and then i ran around forever, finally ran in to him, i got one hit on him, then he fled. so the next time (it took forever to find him the next time) i finally ran into him, put him to sleep and caught it.
    it was so aggrivating.
    anyway, yeah, mesprit is the same way, just keep going back and forth between routes, he'll eventually come.

It took me not even 3 minutes to catch Latias on my Sapphire game. My cousin had a game shark so he had a cheat that made me get over 100 master balls.

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    try getting a gengar to use mean look (you'll have to train it to outspeed mesprit) then use a high level weavile to use false swipe on it, then good luck with the capturing of it, maybe bring along something that knows sleep powder.

Lapras1016

Water Poképhilic PKMN Master
    Years
    I did this for mines.

1. I put my Pokétch in the Marking Map application (#13).
    2. I went to either Eterna or Floaroma. Then, I kept walking between Eterna and Route 205 (Eterna side) back and forth, or between Route 205 (Floaroma side) and the Valley Windworks. That way I found both Mesprit and Cresselia (I wanted to see what it would be like to have both of them on the map so I didn't catch Mesprit yet) easily. I didn't even need to use Repel.
    3. I used my Lv. 51 Purugly to attack both Pokémon with Hypnosis. Naturally, they fled. What I did was to keep tracking them down and gradually weakening them. It's hard but rewarding.
    4. I caught a Golbat (Lv. 51) and used Mean Look on Mesprit (it failed on Cresselia because she was faster than Golbat).
    5. I used Dusk Balls. I DID IT AT NIGHT. Mesprit was caught.

Now I need help to capture Cresselia. I don't want to capture another Golbat to get her, but if I need to, I will.

Oh yeah, the other best way is to have a Lv. 49 Pokémon in front (this can be your Sleep-inducer or your Mean Looker; preferably the latter), then use Repel Mesprit and Cresselia are both Lv.50.

Years
    I did this for mines.

1. I put my Pokétch in the Marking Map application (#13).
    2. I went to either Eterna or Floaroma. Then, I kept walking between Eterna and Route 205 (Eterna side) back and forth, or between Route 205 (Floaroma side) and the Valley Windworks. That way I found both Mesprit and Cresselia (I wanted to see what it would be like to have both of them on the map so I didn't catch Mesprit yet) easily. I didn't even need to use Repel.
    3. I used my Lv. 51 Purugly to attack both Pokémon with Hypnosis. Naturally, they fled. What I did was to keep tracking them down and gradually weakening them. It's hard but rewarding.
    4. I caught a Golbat (Lv. 51) and used Mean Look on Mesprit (it failed on Cresselia because she was faster than Golbat).
    5. I used Dusk Balls. I DID IT AT NIGHT. Mesprit was caught.

Now I need help to capture Cresselia. I don't want to capture another Golbat to get her, but if I need to, I will.

Oh yeah, the other best way is to have a Lv. 49 Pokémon in front (this can be your Sleep-inducer or your Mean Looker; preferably the latter), then use Repel Mesprit and Cresselia are both Lv.50.

Golbat would be your best option, although Gengar learns Hypnosis and Mean Look and is pretty speedy so one out of them two should do the trick

If you don't wanna catch a Golbat, I'll trade you one if you like

Back