• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AI VS AI Pokemon Tournament - Hoenn

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    You may have seen a few months ago that I created an AI vs AI Pokemon Tournament, using the best trainers from the Indigo Plateau . Well today I have decided it is the turn of Hoenn!

Like last time I will be using this pokemon showdown bot to make this work. The teams have ben fed into it, and two instances of the bot are running. Bot 1 will challenge Bot 2 to a Gen 7 anything goes match on Pokemon Showdown. The replay is then saved to my PC and live commentary is recorded.

The tournament bracket was randomly drawn, with this being the outcome.

The trainers team composition was selected by using their strongest appearance within a Pokemon game. So all of the Gym Leaders' teams were selected from their appearance in Black/White 2's Pokemon World Tournament. The Elite 4 + Wally is done from their appearance in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

All of the Gym Leaders teams had held items, so to counter this all of the E4+W teams have been given held items based on recommendations from Pokemon Showdown and Smogon. Any pokemon that could Mega Evolve has has its evolutionite stone taken away, and replaced with a standard held item to keep things fair.

I have added a very brief run down of who won each battle, for anyone that wants to see the results, along with a timestamp for the video if anyone wants to watch a specific battle. That being said the video will provide you with the replays if anyone wants to watch. This took a lot of time, so watching on YouTube and leaving some form of interaction would be greatly appreciated, but of course I understand if not! The results are spoiler tagged. VIDEO CAN BE FOUND HERE

I should also state that the AI isn't a replica of each characters AI in the games. This is just a bot playing how it thinks is best against the other bot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Round One**

Phoebe vs Wallace -
    Spoiler:
    - 01:33

Roxanne vs Drake -
    Spoiler:
    - 03:01

Norman vs Winona -
    Spoiler:
    - 05:05

Juan vs Brawly -
    Spoiler: