• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AiM//PG-13-16

patch.

listen what I say, oh
    Years
    Yeah, so I had an idea, and then I worked on it, and then I came up with this. This is a sort of half-side-project, so I may not update this all the time, but if I start to have more fun writing it than many things, I'll update lots.

So, yeah. ._.

-----

.Chapter One.
    .Escapes and Gas Masks.

I'm dead.

At least that was clear enough. There was a bloody hole in the middle of my chest! Behind me sat the small capsule: the bullet that had pierced through my torso. And yet, I didn't feel any pain. In fact, I felt perfectly normal, and bending down to pick up the bullet, I walked towards my attacker.

A fight is always harder if you can't see your opponent's face, Pa had always told me. If you could see the eyes of your adversary, you could see what made them hesitate and what made them strain. What made them drop their focus. But my assailant right here was wearing a black gas mask, the strange, dark eyes looming over me; which was perfectly right, as he was a good six foot! Sliding into a fight stance, I threw the bullet at his feet, spitting afterwards.

My ears strained as I picked up a minute gasp, the air-holes of his headwear masking most of the sound. Yet that was all I needed to know; now I knew that he was afraid. And fear is the worst enemy in a fight.

I didn't waste time taunting or working up my energy, I just worked it all into one kick, hitting at one of the places of his body that wasn't armoured: his left armpit. The move was swift and quick, and the only proof it had ever happened was a second stifled gasp and him falling to his knees. Grabbing onto the filter of his mask, I flung it off, revealing his face. It was pale and I couldn't have mistaken it from a corpse, pieces of skin chipping in places. However, his veins were vibrant and in an assortment of colours. Pinning all this information onto the notepad of my mind, I smashed my knee against his nose, it cracking loudly and resulting in him falling into an unconscious heap.

I examined the room around me. I started by rapping my knuckles on the wall, which turned out to be steel and sadly not hollow. I didn't need to test the door to guess I couldn't kick it down, and even though there was no glass window to look through upon it, I guessed there would be more the other side. No, I needed another way out.

Or, I thought, as my eyes set upon a certain device and I grinned devilishly, a diversion.

<x>​

The workers of Alpha Lab 7-B all wore lab coats with their initials in gold on the left, in front of their strongly – although some of them had been transferred from Delta which excluded them from that group – beating hearts. However, because the company had far more important things to spend their money on, the gold paint they had used would wash off from water and would catch fire should fire manage to get to it.

An employee with strikingly dark brown hair noticed the strange reaction first. The tasks of Alpha Lab 7-B were simple chemical tests, trying out and creating materials to help improve the Hunters capabilities. At the moment, fifty-three materials were undergoing heat tests, the white-hot flames either burning or bouncing off the different subjects. However, suddenly, white-hot was becoming an understatement, and as the man approached to investigate, it happened.

The flames leapt, striking the incredibly flammable gold initials with ease, lighting them. Momentarily initials of fire were visible on the man's chest, before the whole coat caught on fire, making him scream, his voice in unison with three others experiencing similar reactions. Suddenly everyone was running about, vials and pieces of clothing material being knocked to the floor in the confusion. People were rolling about on the floor and collecting water so hastily that nobody had time to notice the fourteen-year old boy dart in-between them, moving towards the doors to the elevator and staircase with ease just as the sprinklers started, erasing all progress the scientists had made so far.

<x>​

I however, trying to ignore the yells and screams behind me and fighting my strange instinct to help, was busy trying to make a quick decision. Stairs or elevator, I thought. It's a quick decision, don't put in too much thought.

And so, settling on the presumption that there would be a camera in the lift, I pushed open the door to the staircase to an unsuspecting guard, who hit the steel wall face-first. I grimaced at his blood-soaked face but pushed it out of my mind, grasping the banister and then swinging over, going into the hole in the middle of the square-shaped staircase that slowly descended.

Descended ten floors! I thought, immediately sensing the impending doom of being splattered on the rough floor below. Wincing as I caught my hand on to the banister and slid fast, the flesh of my palm burning as I slowly slid down, letting go before the speed could do me any serious damage. I landed crouched and rolled to minimise the hurt from the fall, but was surprised to find I didn't feel any pain at all. I glanced at my hand and raised an eyebrow at the normal, non-altered skin. I shrugged.

Raising myself to a semi-crouched position, I moved forward slowly, a sudden flash of darkness blinding me. I didn't know what it was – the name seemed to escape me – but for some reason I knew it was dangerous. Throwing myself forward, my bare shoulder met with something cold, and goose-bumps prickled along my skin. Feeling around quickly, my hand pulling over the handle, I opened it a crack and then kicked out, feeling the contact as it slammed into the helmet of an unknown opponent. Similar to the guard before, he was wearing a gas mask and full black body armour. Barely stopping to consider what sort of strange place I had gotten myself in, I bounded over a counter, knocking multiple vials of various colours to the floor.

Dropping down towards another door, random splashes of colour specking around the room as I ran through them, I slammed my body into the door, it opening easily. I could tell this part of the building was older than the rest, as the edges of the door and parts of the walls were crippled with rust. Slowly, as I moved forwards, the lighting began to dim, and I soon found myself surrounded in darkness. Feeling my way across the wall, I continued forwards, feeling the space I was in widen.

As I stepped into what I presumed was a large room, the overly-luminous floodlights came on one-by-one, blinding me. And I found I wasn't alone very quickly. Six men, armoured exactly like the guards before, stood around. In a fight like this, when it was even, I might have won.

But I certainly didn't like the look of the cocked handguns they were wielding.

Back