• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All gen 7 abilities

mybusiness

Good to look that ' !doesIgnoreAbilities?'. Can you share your def? Cuz i havent yet...

That is relating Necrozma's special moves' effects, which is almost done. When I finish that I'll post in another thread.

Also, could you post SHIELDSDOWN ability? I saw that you script is different to the others.

Dancer is next in my list of requests. This was my hardest challenge, by the way. So, here it is:

Add this in PokeBattle_Move, after def isBombMove?
    Spoiler:
    Add in PBEffects an effect that applies to a battler:
    Spoiler:
    Now, everything next is in PokeBattle_Battler.

Where is def pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget:
    Spoiler:
    below, just above # Berry Check:
    Spoiler:
    below, where is # Try to use move against user if there aren't any targets
    Spoiler:
    below, where is # Turn processing
    Spoiler:
    below, where is def pbEndTurn:
    Spoiler:

Known discrepancies with the official standards:
    -The priority among multiple moves activated by Dancer are sorted by speed (slowest to fastest), ignoring some effects (e.g.: Trick Room)
    -Dancer will still activate if a dance move is snatched
    -Moves activated by Dancer ignore Confusion, Encore, Taunt and Choice items and cannot be snatched or reflected by Magic Bounce or Magic Coat
    -Petal Dance used through Dancer locks its attacker 2-3 turns (like its normal usage)
    *-Oricorios are not stupid, i.e., doesn't attack its allies (this was made intentional by me, to make this ability more practical)

If anyone knows how to fix those above (minus the last), would be ideal, but if not, is no tragedy; as you see, those are not relevant bugs for the average hack.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello again, mybusiness.

1- You're right about the total number of abilities, 233. I don't numbered right the last ones well.
    2- Comatose now works perfectly.
    3- Dancer works fine too, i've tested it.

Last edited:

mybusiness

In PokeBattle_Battler:
    Spoiler:

I'll reference Comatose, so, those of you who don´t have it already, look higher in the thread
    In PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:
    Spoiler:
    In PokeBattle_MoveEffects:
    Spoiler:
    In PField_DayCare, where is # Inheriting form:
    Spoiler:
    In PSystem_PokemonUtilities, in def pbAddPokemon:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: FIXED PREVIOUS BUGS

Last edited:

mybusiness

Spoiler:

Long Reach (I suggest this one):
    Spoiler:

Long Reach (alternative):
    Spoiler:

Slush Rush:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • 1- Slush Rush ability is working fine.

2- Longreach works fine but when i use a poke with fluffy ability in battle, after an opponent attacks, i get this error:

error12.png

My fluffy ability before:

Code:
    if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:DRYSKIN) && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
            damagemult=(damagemult*1.25).round
          end
          [COLOR="red"]if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:FLUFFY) && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
             damagemult=(damagemult*2).round
          end[/COLOR]

My fluffy ability after i added longreach, i replaced all the lines because there the same:

Code:
          end
          [COLOR="red"]if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:FLUFFY) && !attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:LONGREACH) && isContactMove?
            finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.5).round
          elsif opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:FLUFFY) && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
            finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*2.0).round
          end[/COLOR]

Second part of Fluffy ability:

Code:
    if !attacker.hasMoldBreaker
          if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:MARVELSCALE) &&
             opponent.status>0 && pbIsPhysical?(type)
            defmult=(defmult*1.5).round
          end      
          [COLOR="Red"]if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:FLUFFY) && category=0
             basedmg=(basedmg/2).floor
          end[/COLOR]

All of my codes for Fluffy ability are there.

Years
  • Stakeout:
    Spoiler:

Long Reach:
    Spoiler:

Slush Rush:
    Spoiler:

The Stakeout script works great. Thank you very much :smile:

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Code:
          end
          [COLOR="red"]if opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:FLUFFY) && !attacker.hasWorkingAbility(:LONGREACH) && isContactMove?
            finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*0.5).round
          elsif opponent.hasWorkingAbility(:FLUFFY) && isConst?(type,PBTypes,:FIRE)
            finaldamagemult=(finaldamagemult*2.0).round
          end[/COLOR]

Just guessing, but did you mean "damagemult" where you write "finaldamagemult"? Or maybe you need a "finaldamagemult=???" somewhere near the top, not sure what you'd put where I have the "???" though, I would have suggested "1.0" but that won't work very will with all the rounding you're doing.

mybusiness

Yeah, probably you have to replace "damagemult" with "finaldamagemult". Meanwhile you repair that, these are the next abilities:

Queenly Majesty and Dazzling:
    In PokeBattle_Battler, just under def pbSuccessCheck":
    Spoiler:
    In PokeBattle_Move, under def isBombMove?, place this def:
    Spoiler:

Done.

Years
  • Just guessing, but did you mean "damagemult" where you write "finaldamagemult"? Or maybe you need a "finaldamagemult=???" somewhere near the top, not sure what you'd put where I have the "???" though, I would have suggested "1.0" but that won't work very will with all the rounding you're doing.

This part of code was not madded by me. It was madded by mybusiness. I will review that part of code to see if i can fix it. Fluffy ability worked fine but when i implement the long reach ability, it have that reported error.

EDITED: What's the difference between "damagemult" and "finaldamagemult"? I tested without the final part and they work without errors, but i want to know just in case. XD

Last edited:

mybusiness

Those are distinct variables. "finaldamagemult" is like ''the final variable''. Don't overthink that.
    As for the Long Reach, I have an alternative that may be better for further additions (like gen 8). If you want to try this, delete everything about Long Reach. Now:

In PokeBattle_Battler:
    Spoiler:
    In PokeBattle_Move:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    Do you by any chance have the Tangling Hair ability coded? I've searched everywhere and no dice, so I'm really hoping you might post it.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Age 32
    • He/Him
    • Brazil
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    Do you by any chance have the Tangling Hair ability coded? I've searched everywhere and no dice, so I'm really hoping you might post it.

You will find here:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387706

Spoiler:

Credits to:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

mybusiness

There are several problems with that, WolfPP (it isn't contact based, does not work for multiple hits in a row, etc.). This is my code for Tangling Hair:

Before anything, set up Long Reach, as I stated it in my previous post, otherwise, it won't work. Now, in PokeBattle_Battler, in def pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget under #Illusion, put this
    Code:
    # Tangling Hair
          if target.hasWorkingAbility(:TANGLINGHAIR) && thismove.isContactMove?(user) &&
             !target.damagestate.substitute
            if user.pbReduceStatWithCause(PBStats::SPEED,1,user,PBAbilities.getName(target.ability))
              PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{target.pbThis}'s Tangling Hair was activated")
            end
          end

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    There are several problems with that, WolfPP (it isn't contact based, does not work for multiple hits in a row, etc.). This is my code for Tangling Hair:

Before anything, set up Long Reach, as I stated it in my previous post, otherwise, it won't work. Now, in PokeBattle_Battler, in def pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget under #Illusion, put this
    Code:
    # Tangling Hair
          if target.hasWorkingAbility(:TANGLINGHAIR) && thismove.isContactMove?(user) &&
             !target.damagestate.substitute
            if user.pbReduceStatWithCause(PBStats::SPEED,1,user,PBAbilities.getName(target.ability))
              PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{target.pbThis}'s Tangling Hair was activated")
            end
          end

Oh my gosh, thank you so much it worked like a charm! You sir or madam have officially made my day!:smile:

mybusiness

No problem. Almost finishing my list of requests:

Full Metal Body, Shadow Shield, Prism Armor and Neuroforce (all in one!):
    Spoiler:

Juno and Ice

Developer of Pokémon Floral Tempus
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Do you have all the Terrain Surges and the boost with the seeds?

mybusiness

Like Electric, Misty, Grassy, and Psychic Seed. They go with All the terrain abilities that the Tapu's have.

Ah, I saw now what those items are. Probably tomorrow, you'll have all these abilities.

Edit: so here you have them. Rather than figure out what are my additions, I'll put all that is related to terrains (excepting Z-Moves). So, add only what you don't have from this enormous resource.

All Surges plus seeds, extender, moves and more:
    In PBEffects, make sure you have all four effects for the respective terrains:
    Spoiler:
    Also, in PokeBattle_ActiveSideField:
    Spoiler:
    In PokeBattle_Battler:
    Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_BattlerEffects:
    Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_Move:
    Spoiler:
    In PokeBattle_MoveEffects:
    Spoiler:

In PokeBattle_Battle