• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All I did was use the American Typewriter typeface

Reginald Cosmic

Big Shot
    Years
    • Age 27
    • He/Him/His
    • Seen today
    Guys, I thought it'd be a good idea to type out a Word document for a passion project in the font "American Typewriter." Well, I moved the document from a Mac to a Windows, and the document started acting funny. I was just typing the word "developed," but the document kept immediately undoing the second e, so I thought "Okay, it's time to get rid of the font."

I tried using the "remove formatting" button and saving it as "plain text," but the document still acts funny. I kept wondering why I couldn't get the document formatted correctly with the font gone, but then I realized the font changed the is to some sort of weirdly formatted... something or other? I've never heard of a common typeface doing this. I thought typefaces were just formatting placed over the ASCII/Unicode characters. I can't find info about this because Google keeps trying to pull up downloads for the font. Is it possible the font changed every user-inputted i to a special character?

I'm kind of freaking out because the document is important to me, and no matter how many times I copy and paste the text or re-save the file, I can't get rid of the weird formatting. Was the Word file corrupted when I uploaded the "Word for Mac" file to Google Drive and then downloaded it to my Windows? Is there a clue? Someone, please tell me what's going on.

EDIT: I discovered that the upper case Is where lower case is should be didn't happen until I moved the document, so I guess it's partially a Mac-to-Windows thing.

Last edited:
    Back