• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ALOLAN FORM EVOLUTIONS IN POKEMONFORMS.TXT

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    can't make shapes evolve differently from the original by using pokemonforms..txt, the only way to change the evolution I found was by changing the original too, which doesn't make sense.

in this case, vulpix evolves using the firestone, and alolan vulpix evolves with the icestone, however, in the game, the 2 evolve with the firestone even if I put the icestone in pokemonforms.txt, if I change the original vulpix to evolve by level, it also applies to alola ... I wanted to know if there is a way to evolve the shape of the pokemon with a different method from the original, follow my alola vulpix on pokemonformstxt.

#-------------------------------
    [VULPIX-1]
    FormName=Alolan Vulpix
    Type1=ICE
    Abilities=SNOWCLOAK
    HiddenAbility=SNOWWARNING
    BattlerEnemyY=23
    Evolution=NINETAILS,Item,ICESTONE

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 22, 2024
    Just set the evolution as something that can't be obtained normally in the pokemon.txt pbs and put the correct evolution in the forms pbs

i.e.
    for vulpix i have in pokemon.txt
    Evolutions=NINETALES,Item,FIRESTONE,NINETALES,Location,51

then in the forms txt file
    Evolutions=NINETALES,Item,ICESTONE

This works for me

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2022
    Just set the evolution as something that can't be obtained normally in the pokemon.txt pbs and put the correct evolution in the forms pbs

i.e.
    for vulpix i have in pokemon.txt
    Evolutions=NINETALES,Item,FIRESTONE,NINETALES,Location,51

then in the forms txt file
    Evolutions=NINETALES,Item,ICESTONE

This works for me

thank you very much, I didn't understand that I should put a method that wouldn't be able to evolve normally, then I just put in location a map id that doesn't exist in my game yet, and if it does I change it, it's super sure, thank you very much.

Back