• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alolan Form Issue

Years
  • Hi!
    I just recently updated my game to 17.1, and as I was trying to put the Alolan Forms in the pokemonforms.txt, an error came up saying that [RATICATE-1] wasn't a species. I tried using RATICATE-1,but that didn't work either. Am I missing something?
    Also, is there a way to not have the lines separating entries in the pokémon.txt folder?
    Thanks,
    Ben

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Alolan formes is an alternative forme of a Pokemon. Therefore Alolan Raticate-1 does not belong into pokemon.txt Go to Pokemon_Formes on scripts and enter this script.

MultipleForms.register(:RATICATE,{
    "getFormOnCreation"=>proc{|pokemon|
    maps=[2,5,39,41,44,69] # Map IDs for second form
    if $game_map && maps.include?($game_map.map_id)
    next 1
    else
    next 0
    end
    }
    })

You may also give it Moveset, TMs, types, abilites, weight, height, dex entry and Move tutors.

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Hi!
    I just recently updated my game to 17.1, and as I was trying to put the Alolan Forms in the pokemonforms.txt, an error came up saying that [RATICATE-1] wasn't a species. I tried using RATICATE-1,but that didn't work either. Am I missing something?
    Also, is there a way to not have the lines separating entries in the pokémon.txt folder?
    Thanks,
    Ben
    What exactly does the error say? And how exactly does your pokemonforms.txt look like?

Alolan formes is an alternative forme of a Pokemon. Therefore Alolan Raticate-1 does not belong into pokemon.txt
    This is just partially true for Essentials 17.1. It is true that form don't belong in pokemon.txt but theres a new file called pokemonforms.txt, which he is trying to edit. So for 17.1 you don't need that script part (even though you can), for 16.2 it's exactly as you stated

Here's the updated wiki page for the multiple forms

Back