• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alone With The Pokemon Dream

BlazingShadow

Stealth God
    Years
    Hi guys I just want to share my experience as a Pokemon fan. In this town I lived I think I'm the only one who like or love Pokemon Other people just laugh at me and says that its just for kiddies. So I wanna hear about your place and how the people around you think about Pokemon.

dragontamerandrea

i love my scalies. :3
    Years
    I actually meet alot of people who are sort of into Pokemon, mostly boys who think they know everything. I remember I was talking to some random guy in Starbucks and he looks at my Pokemon backpack and says "Hey guess how many Pokemon generations there are now" I said 4 :| (Pkmn Plt had only came out) He said "Oh right well guess what Pokemon they have now" I said "god pokemon" he said "...well I know this secret pokemon called Darkrai" "I have one." And me and him ended up getting into a huge argument :L so theres no one who takes it serioulsy but there are people interested in it... most people think I'm mental for liking it at my age though :>

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I haven't met many people who like pokemon in my new area. Maybe I just haven't asked them if they do, but I once saw my neighbor's pokewalker on the bus so I guess she likes pokemon..it's just I haven't gotten around to talking to her yet.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I know a load of people who like Pokemon in my area. It's nice to have people who share the same hobbies as yours; especially when they're close friends. XD;

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    Most of the people I knew around here that liked Pokemon were people at my old high school. Lots of people still play the games and stuff. Sucks when the adults act like you're too old for it, though.

Years
    in my year at school, there is only 2 other people who like pokemon. one of them is a douche, and the other does not like to say it. there is this other guy, who is the biggest moron, whenever pokemon is even mentioned, he calls it gay. he even thinks mega man is gay, how he can think that i have no clue

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    i guy in my class just got a girlfriend who turned out to be a secret pokefreak. but i mean pokefreak. A shelf of collectibles and everything

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i just recently moved to idaho so i dont know many people except my family. my cousins play the games but the only games they have are fire red and leaf green. but seeing as how small the town i live in there are probably very few pokemon fans. though there is a store about 10 minutes away that has a picture of team magma and team aqua painted outside their building ^_^

btw in case anyone was wondering i took a picture of the store
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlazingShadow

Stealth God
    Years
    i just recently moved to idaho so i dont know many people except my family. my cousins play the games but the only games they have are fire red and leaf green. but seeing as how small the town i live in there are probably very few pokemon fans. though there is a store about 10 minutes away that has a picture of team magma and team aqua painted outside their building ^_^

Maybe its a Team Magma or Team Aqua Hideout haha.

xDaisuke0

Aspiring Professor
    Years
    I thought after elementary school I wouldn't find anyone else who loved it, but I made friends with my Best friend in MIddle School cuz I was watching her play Pokemon haha.
    In HighSchool no one, but I wasn't really into it as much anymore. Now, still in Highschool but in NZ now and theres only one person I know into Pokemon like me haha...

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    first of im 17 an jus becaz its a kid show dnt mean we cant watch it, i now of two people who like pokemon in my area of ohio, im trying to find more people who like it in my area.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    My brother (OLDER) got me back into it. And it's awesome, because he's totally secure and comfortable in his own skin, so it's easy for him to be like "Yeah, I like Pokemon. Whatcha gonna do about it?" I'm becoming more comfortable in my own skin too... it's great! :D

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Well I have several friends who play it too, but there of course are the people who make fun of you and hassle you for it...But i'll keep liking Pokemon no matter what they say!!! ^_^

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
    My best mates at school love Pokemon like me and i talk about it to them all the time but i don't usually talk about it with anyone else unless they asked.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    everyone used to love pokemon! now hardly anyone does, except for me (who is going to come out of the closet soon, slowly but surely) and a few older guys who I'm not really friends with. in the whole town... well thats people i know of anyway

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I would never tell someone in real life that I like Pokemon without judging them at first.
    Way back a lot of years, when only the Kanto episodes were going on, I was a victim of bashing when they found out I like Pokemon.

Ever since then, everybody forgot about all things related to it, but I kept up with it secretly.
    My little brother likes Pokemon too, and he's a great guy anyways, so I can share it with him.

For some reason, I feel like if I find a person in real life who likes Pokemon, that person would automatically be nice and good at heart, and that we would be fast friends.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    i know a few people who bring there gameboy colours in to play the old games. But no-one has the new ones :X

I think im starting to stop playing the new ones anyway, im bored of them xD

Back