• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alter Ipse Amicus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fera

Arsenal for English Premere
    Years

Alter Ipse Amicus

Alter Ipse Amicus

Plot:

It was once said that the world was kept in tremendous harmony. It is believed that in the beginning of all things several pokemon were given the task of governing the earth. These pokemon protected the world from the greedy hearts of men. As the world aged, humanity matured. The more mature the human race became the less these pokemon needed to intertwine themselves with affairs of the earth. Over time the appearances of these pokemon became less and less common. Reality faded to myth, which became folklore, which turned into legend. These 'legendary' pokemon were not only given the power to correct human error, but they were to given the right judge the human character.

Most of the human race lived their lives without the knowledge of these creatures. However, some of civilization's greatest villains found proof of their existence and tried to use bend their powers for their own will. Each time their efforts were thwarted but not forgotten. First it was the struggle between Team Aqua and Team Magma that created a disturbance with the pokemon Groudon and Kyroge. Years following in the mountainous region of Sinnoh the ultimate transgression transpired. A man by the name of Cyrus tried to destroy the current world and create 'the perfect world'. In doing so he called upon the powers of both Dialga and Palkia. His plan, like the ones before him, failed. However, this attempt to create a new order revealed how impure and nefarious the heart's of humans were.

The legendaries, or so the humans have named them, have grown restless with man's polluted hearts. They, themselves, are not perfect. They have made the mistake of judging the human race for only a few of men's actions. They have grown weary of men's selfishness, greed, and evil spirits. They have determined to eventually destroy the human world. These once legends have evolved to folklore, which eventually became reality. Hundreds of reports of legendary sightings spread across all regions of the world. Only did a recent discovery give hope to the fearful world. There had been a prophecy made that predicted everything that had happened. It also told of a way to prevent the destruction of the human race.

This prophecy presaged that a very select group of humans would be born, they would be called the Al'ci. These humans would be born with two very important traits, one physical and one ingrained into their personality. The Al'ci would be brought to earth with the purest hearts of all humans. Although a human heart cannot be completely pure by itself, the Al'ci's sense of morality puts them above all humans. Also when they were born; they would be bestoed with a mark. This brand would be called their Fal'cia. This marking would connect them to one of the legendary creatures. However, this connection did not start completely open. Another part of the prophecy stated that they Al'ci would have to raise a party of creature capable of matching that judges power. Only with a mutual respect for one another would this connection become free flowing.

The completion of the Fal'cia would allow the Al'ci to stop the destructive powers of their partners. It was predicted that if the Al'ci were successful in their venture then they would spare the earth of obliteration. After sparing the earth its gruesome fate the Al'ci would resume keeping the earth in order with their legendary counterparts.

Where You Come in:

Your character will be an Al'ci. From the moment you were born you have carried a very heavy burden. You feel pain when your legendary pokemon's emotions are strong. (Which is quite often) Your whole life, you have grown up different then everyone else. They have never quite accepted you. Your marking raises many questions and prejudice. Since a very young age you have been told your purpose in life and you have had to cope with such a harsh reality. You are now starting off on your journey. You must raise a team one of the greatest teams ever to be erected out of the earth. You and the other Al'ci will travel together to ensure success.

Questions that were asked and answered... (more info)
    Al'ci obviously have there physical markings that separate them from normal people. The more the Al'ci matures the more they start to take on traits of their connected pokemon. For example, my character (who is connected to Ho-oh) will more and more see the beauty in all everything. As well as the more pure they become. So at the beginning there will not be much separation between our characters and normal people to begin with. Towards the end, however, there will be noticeable differences in our actions.

Concerning who is sponsoring our journey, it will be the leaders of the cultural societies. For example, for my character, it will be the head monk of the Tin Tower. Or the place which is rumored to have been Ho-oh's home at one point in time. These cultural leaders have decided to take us to Johto to begin our journey together. They are doing this so we can be socially accepted for the first time and protect each other from the dangers that lay ahead.

We are basically rumors. People have heard of us but most of them don't buy into the whole thing. The governments of each region fail to acknowledge the growing unrest between the legendaries and ignore the Al'ci. The government fears that if they recognize us as the only thing that can protect them from destruction there will be an uprising to give us full control or they will lose the majority of their strength in the process of aiding our journey.

For the most part we are believed to be apart of some strange cult by ignorant people. The Al'ci, for more culturally bound citizens, are somewhat looked upon as heros. However, those who discover us tend to vary on the character. However, for many of us it tends to be those who have protected the prophecy for centuries. These groups of people are often groups who celebrate certain pokemon. For example, groups that still believe in Dialga and Palkia reside in Celestic Town. Another example would be Eruteak City in Johto where Ho-oh's and Lugia's legend play a central part in the lives of its citizens. You may need to make up such societies in your history for you legendary pokemon but it should be these groups that reveal that you are an Al'ci.

What age you are discovered doesn't completely matter but they do need to know by the end of your history. The moment I sent the Roleplay in I realized this needed to be cleared up but this was the only time I had to type it out. Thanks and I apologize for anyone who has to edit some of their history because of me.

Rules:

1. There is no Godmoding

2. There is no Bunnying without the consent of the person playing the character your taking control. Even at that keep it minimal.

3. Be active. This roleplay is very long and I really would like to finish it.

4. Quality. Make Quality posts, simple as that.

5. This roleplay is mostly about character development, remember that.

6. Have fun.

Sign-Up

These will not be first come first serve. Whoever has the better sign-up will receive a spot and that legendary.

Name:

Legendary: (The Pokemon you would like to be connected with)

Appearance: (What your character looks like.)

Personality: (All our characters must be internally good. However, that doesn't mean perfect. They all struggle like most humans but the majority of their actions have moral intentions.)

History: (History of your character...)

Pokemon: (You start off with two lower level pokemon. They are your choice.)

RP Sample: (Post a sample.)

Members:

(User-Character-Legendary.)
    Pokemon

1) Fera - Katherine Vermaelan - Ho-oh
    Vulpix, Totodile

2) Grey Fish - Cain Rojizo - Mewtwo
    Nidoran, Poliwag

3) CyBeastSaber -
    Luna Fanelius - Lugia
    Eeve, Ralts

4) Strikit - Fyora and Darin Roschel - Latios and Latias
    Snorunt, Growlithe

5) Charzeon - Melinda Artemisan - Rayquaza
    Ekans, Munchlax

6) EmoBill - Kristian Reid - Darkrai
    Shinx, Nincada

7) Collie - Aki Tomoyi - Moltres
    Ekans, Ekans

8) Feign - Patrick Umbrae - Giratina
    Riolu, Gastly

9) Pending

Current Reservations:
    Unavailable

Pending:
    Blue Trainer
    Lord Selphy (If Blue Trainer Doesn't Respond.)

Last edited:

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
    This looks interesting enough… shame no one has signed up yet :|
    Note: While I am new to PC, I am not new to RPing, so don't trip :P​
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Name: Trent Wicklund

Legendary: Mew

Appearance: He is average in height, He has bright auburn hair, and pale skin. He is fit, but not overly buff. He has dark blue eyes and arched eyebrows. He also has a small nose and mouth

Personality: He is very humble, and quiet. He almost always does what he is told, and is often walked over. Most of his time is devoted to volunteering at Lavender Tower, he enjoys helping other people cope with the loss of their pokemon. He is studious, but doesn't do the best at school, because he daydreams a lot. He is also very timid

History: Trent Joseph Wicklund was born on December 15th, during a blizzard. He lived an average normal life until he was a five. His father was the governor, and he recently made some very controversial financial decisions and the brakes in his father's car were tampered with and Trent's father and Mother were killed (Trent was at daycare at the time.) He was placed into an orphanage, and he became very quiet. He only spoke when spoken to, He was often found working outside in the garden, or helping the cook in the kitchen make lunch for everyone. He always appeared to be dreaming about something. He received his first pokemon when he was 12. His first pokemon was a Vulpix, he received it from the caretaker at the orphanage. When he turned sixteen he was sadly told that he had to leave the orphanage. He was extremely frightened, but determined to succeed. He was given 200 Pokeyen and some pokeballs, for his departure. His first real accomplishment was catching a Buizel all by himself. Lately though, He is beginning to feel very strange. Occasionally, he will feel a throb in his chest, then be overwhelmed by emotion.

Pokemon: Vulpix and Buizel

RP Sample: Trent sighed. It was finally the day that he had to leave the orphanage. For as long as he could remember, his life revolved around taking care of the younger children at the orphanage, and fixing up the place. He had never been completely alone before, and he was frightened. But, he knew that this day had to come eventually. He hugged the children and the caretaker goodbye. He promised to call, once he could. He stowed the pokeballs, money, food, and clothes, into his backpack and exited the orphanage. He released his Vulpix from it's pokeball, figuring that some company would be nice. He wasn't sure where he would go, but he knew what he wanted to be: A pokemon breeder. He took Route twelve and headed onto the silence bridge. He spotted a nice looking spot on the bridge and sat down on it. He watched Vulpix chase a butterfly around, and then, suddenly, he lurched forward. His heart was pounding, and suddenly he was overwhelmed with fear. He didn't know what was going on, but something in his body was telling him to panic. After a few seconds, he returned to normal. "What....the heck?" He said and put his hand on his forward. This wasn't the first time that this had happened. He thought he was going mad "Vulpix...I think I need to see a doctor when we get to Fuchsia City" He said quietly and smiled at his curious-looking pokemon. He leaned back onto the bridge and peered at the sky, wondering about what was happening to him

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Name: Thomas (Tom) Fernto Mamoru

Legendary: Mew

Appearance: Tom is very pale, and has no freckles or any sign of pigmentation. However he is not Albino. His eyes are wide and deep, with a dark Ultramarine Color. His face is thin, with a minute nose, deepened temples, and small ears. His features give the look as if he is always interested in something. His hair is a dirty blonde color, and he keeps his hair flat, thin, and shaggy. His overall body structure is long and tall. Tom is 139 pounds, and is 6' 5". He is very simplistic in what he wears, and often just wears a white T-shirt, and a pair of jeans. One of the oddest features he has is the odd black birthmark on the back of his left hand. It is a circle with and has an infinity symbol within it. Within the Infinity symbol are spirals. He has been ashamed of it before, and has tried to cover it up. He is not strong, but a decently fast runner.

Personality: Tom is very curious about the world around him. He enjoys reading books, and luckily despite his excessive reading he doens't need to wear glasses. He often reads non-fictions about Fauna, Flora, and nature in general. He is as optimistic as possible, and has an odd aura of charisma. He is a very philosophical person, but often tries to blend in with kids his age. He is ashamed of his differences, but still tries to be happy with himself. He is shy and often talks to himself. Tom enjoys being with the ones he loves. He is childish at times, which is not a good thing to be in high school. He has a grandiose interest in instrumental flute music, but has no knowledge on how to play a flute.

History: Tom was born on June 17 1992 underneath an odd tree in the middle of a field. His mother went into labor early while hiking with his father, and they simply delivered the baby in the a field in the middle of nowhere. Tom lived in Cerulean City most of his life, and his father (Named Daniel Thomas Mamoru, Born 1969) is a Sailor. Daniel usually marries people on his ships, and this is very popular among tourists. Tom lived his life in a small neighborhood east of the Gym, where he was within an arms reach of the library. Tom was constantly asking his Mother (Named Veronica Sern Joseck, Born 1971) to read him books. Tom was often read bedtime stories about the sea, and the Orange Islands when they were first explored. When Tom first went to school, children made fun of his birthmark, which they all thought was a Tattoo. He has tried to hide it ever since. His Middle School years consisted mostly of him reading by himself, and trying to fly under the Radar. He has been(or he is told this at least) epileptic for the past 2 years, and will occasionally have a seizure. Although there were not many at first, he gradually gets more. Unbeknownst to him this is when his Legendary (Mew) is angry, or using grandiose amounts of his celestial power (more usually the latter). The same goes for when Mew experiences great amounts of joy; then Tom will feel very happy no matter the trouble. His high school years have been rougher on him. He is very shy and secluded from his peers, but prefers this. When asked why he will bring up the George Washington quote "Tis' worse to have bad company than no company at all."

Pokemon:

Togepi

Alter Ipse Amicus

Abra

Alter Ipse Amicus

RP Sample:

The sun was rising. Tom loved to see the sunrise. It was like the sun was beginning an orchestrative play, with the clouds as the performers and the Starly and Taillow were the grand Maestros. He sighed at the warmth falling down on him, and stretched his lanky arms and legs. The sun was glistening on the water, giving the illusion that jewels were bobbing up and down in the bay. It was simply, radiant. Nobody else was awake yet, which was fine by Tom, he wanted this glorius moment all to himself.

A young Caterpie crawled his way over to Tom, and started to chirp it's call "Caterpie!" Tom looked at the miniscule creature, and wondered if he himself were nothing more or less than a Caterpie to a larger creature, like a Snorlax. Tom walked back inside his house through the crumbling door. The house had been around way too long, that's for sure. His parents bought it for cheap ( "A home is a home!" they reminded him) and there were several reasons it was such a bargain. The pipes were leaking, the sinks were rusted, the built in appliances were archaic. Worst of all were the stairs, which would creak loud enough to anger the neighbors.

Tom carefully took his first step.

"CREEEEEEEAK!!!"

He retched back in fear that his parents would wake up. He hated having to do this but there was no other option. He would crawl the rail. Everytime he did it he knew the wood the stairs were made out of would split a little, but it's better than having to hear that horrendous squeaking noise. He shimmied up to the top of the railpost, and then ever so carefully crawled on the rail. He felt like an acrobat performer. He was halfway there, and was trying not to fall. Tom's balance was getting better, when suddenly he smelled electric smoke. His eyes suddenly went bloodshot and he jerked off of the rail falling onto the stairs.

"CREEAK! CREEEEAAK! CRASH, THUD!"

The entire lower half of the foundation was smashed. Tom was still jerking occasionally, trying to get back to consciousness.

"What the hell?!" His father yelled. His parents stepped out to see the stairs broken way beyond repair. They stepped down as far as they could, shocked to see their son in his state. His father jumped down to move the wood while his mother called the ambulance. This was the second seizure in the week. The epilepsy got worse, but it had never caused such collateral damage.

Alright, re-did it. Sorry you didn't like some of the first stuff but I hope this helped! You can let me know when you need anything else!

I hope you consider me for the RP!

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    I would like to reserve a spot with Deoxys please! ( If I can't get him i'll choose Celebi) Say, this reminds me a little of Final Fantasy XIII...

Fera

Years
    Alright I don't have time to dissect applications yet. I will be back later today and edit this post with results so keep checking in. Thanks for everyone who has applied and applications are still being accepted.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    Hm... maybe a female SU this time!? (something's wrong with me... I'm playing as girls too much O.O; must be the inner-femininity lately xD)

Name: Lunanthius (pronounced Loo-nah-n-thee-us) A. Fanelius; prefers Luna over her given name

Legendary: Lugia

Appearance: (Oh my goodness... she is going to end up similar to my OTHER Luna... hahaha... Oh boy. )
    Being the Al'ci connected to Lugia, Luna has gained many physical qualities similar to that legendary pokemon as she reached her said age. Her hair was a silvery white that fell naturally straight reaching just above her waist while her bangs parted to the sides in a downward curve. Her eyes held the ocean's deep blue hue that glistened with the sunlight and her fair complexion evenly matched that of her own mother's beauty. Her figure wasn't as fully developed as the average girl's for she stood at a height only around 149.8 centimeters tall equivalent to the estimate of 4 feet and 11 inches, and her lack of ample breasts to her small body is something she herself prefers. Adventuring about the woods has made Luna's body much more muscular but her muscles still retain their small definition leading many people to believe she isn't active as she claims to be. Just below her collarbone is the distinct marking of an Al'ci, considered a birthmark by her parents, that looks like a two-pronged jewel joined at the center of a falling raindrop.

Despite being of royalty, Luna would much prefer casual clothing over elegance and her lack of a good sense of fashion is something many girls have. Luna's attire changes accordingly with her mood but her most prominent, active attire consists of a white undershirt with a dark green sleeveless vest and a loose blue skirt reaching her knees with black biker shorts under it. Her feet are fitted with a pair of plain brown boots and white socks. Luna sports a few accessories such as a pair of brown gloves, a pendant with an aquamarine embedded within the center, a navy blue hairband(the ones where you slip it on your head, mind you xD), and a uniquely crafted, silver armlet resembling waves at each end.

Personality: (still prone to changing within the RP)
    As a child, Luna's life was isolated and so her personality takes on a great level of isolatation from everyone, though not completely from her parents. Luna could neither leave her home nor play with other children, but why couldn't she, was always on her mind. She was a thinker of sorts during her young age but she'd never get answers to her questions. Many times when she is alone in the house, she'd be prone to crying, especially in the bathroom. Her emotions became extremely fragile overtime and though she would put a calm front in front of her parents, she didn't want her parents to see her in that state. Luna did, however, stumble upon the great wild Nature, that she soon began to love, outside of her castled home's backyard.

As she grew and became quite more active, Luna began investigating and exploring her backyard on her own much to her desire. Climbing over giant roots or swinging from low branches, being with Nature invigorated her. She loved the animal creatures and her fragile mind began to dissipate with their laughter and chatter. Luna has a tendency to purely speak her mind to the animals as she thinks they can understand her regardless of her inability to understand them. She also believes even the weakest can become strong and she loves cute things incredibly.

History: (A good history gives birth to the character's personality and visual qualities, hence why I start this first. XD)
    The illegitimate heir of regal bearing upon birth, Luna was born to a young but high stature man and a beautiful but poor woman. Though the man truly loved the pure maiden, he was constantly occupied by various issues pertaining to his royal family and soon was arranged to be wed to another on his father's command. Opposing his father's decision, the young man tried to voice his heart, but it fell upon deaf ears. When he tried once more and failed, the young man decided to abandon his home and went to live with the woman he loved. Upon the countryside of her village, Luna was bore within the home of her parents and sported an unusual mark resembling a two-pronged jewel joined at the center of a falling raindrop, just under the center of where both collar bones meet(?). (The part where it caves in if that makes it easier to understand xD)

Luna, as a child, was always surrounded by the watchful eyes of her fellow villagers and shunned by the older folks. Her parents had begun to shelter Luna away from the others since they could not bear to see Luna become ignored by everyone as a child of bad luck. Regardless of the choice, Luna was still isolated and so her childhood was left with no happy memories to reminisce about other than her celebrated birthdays she had with her parents. Not too long after her third birthday, she began having abnormal chills and slight fevers as the mark on her glowed randomly throughout her life.

As Luna began her teen years, she had an interest with nature and started to sneak out of her home to venture into the deep forests that inhabit the backyard of her home. There, she found her solitude with the animals and nature before her. Once, Luna decided to travel deeper within and to her surprise, she found a few species of Pokemon living there, albeit scared of her intrusion. Luna had never seen one living around her village since the villagers disliked them for reasons she did not know but, she found the creatures fascinating and cute to look at.

As her appearance and pure intent began to escalate within the wild Pokemon's territory, they began to welcome Luna within their holy grounds after much consideration. This moment was the most happiest Luna had ever had and she loved the Pokemon for it for accepting her for her without ignoring her. As her bond grew with the Pokemon over many years, Luna's parents became suspicious of their daughter's awkward development. Luna was more energetic and cheerful which baffled her parents but they welcomed the changed Luna as if it was a gift from the heavens. Adding to their amazement, she was secretly followed home by two unsuspecting visitors, an Eevee and a Ralts. Their lives now intertwine... A secret within a secret... How will life unfold for Luna now...

Pokemon:
    Eevee
    &
    Ralts

RP Sample: (I haven't RP-ed anything good in a while but this is the most recent one so... Hope it will suffice... And it's a different Luna character... ^^; I'm starting to like the name Luna)
    From Fire Emblem: Path of Ruin
    Spoiler:
    ---------------
    EDIT: STILL FINISHING! XD Man I couldn't get on last week... >.>;
    EDITTED: FINALLY DONE! Hahaha... my creativeness is really lacking as of lately. :/

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    I'd like to reserve a place with Celebi. My SU will be done shortly.

...actually, on second thought, I'd like to sign up for Latios and Latias with twins. Is that allowed?

Last edited:

grey†fish

Years
    Actually I have a question (since I kinda want to change my history but I don't know how...):
    1) How do we know that we're the Al'ci?
    (I assume we do since it says that is the exact reason for our traveling together), and

2) Who else knows?
    (is it just us, a random professor, a secret government agency, some crazy prophet, or is it common knowledge?)

:)​

Fera

Years
    Actually I have a question (since I kinda want to change my history but I don't know how...):
    1) How do we know that we're the Al'ci?
    (I assume we do since it says that is the exact reason for our traveling together), and

2) Who else knows?
    (is it just us, a random professor, a secret government agency, some crazy prophet, or is it common knowledge?)

:)​

Very good questions. We are basically rumors. People have heard of us but most of them don't buy into the whole thing. The governments of each region fail to acknowledge the growing unrest between the legendaries and ignore the Al'ci. The government fears that if they recognize us as the only thing that can protect them from destruction there will be an uprising to give us full control or they will lose the majority of their strength in the process of aiding our journey.

For the most part we are believed to be apart of some strange cult by ignorant people. The Al'ci, for more culturally bound citizens, are somewhat looked upon as heros. However, those who discover us tend to vary on the character. However, for many of us it tends to be those who have protected the prophecy for centuries. These groups of people are often groups who celebrate certain pokemon. For example, groups that still believe in Dialga and Palkia reside in Celestic Town. Another example would be Eruteak City in Johto where Ho-oh's and Lugia's legend play a central part in the lives of its citizens. You may need to make up such societies in your history for you legendary pokemon but it should be these groups that reveal that you are an Al'ci.

What age you are discovered doesn't completely matter but they do need to know by the end of your history. The moment I sent the Roleplay in I realized this needed to be cleared up but this was the only time I had to type it out. Thanks and I apologize for anyone who has to edit some of their history because of me.

Concerning the registration process...

I am currently reading through them as I type this and will make decisions soon.

Strikit, you are welcome to do the twins.

Last edited:

grey†fish

Years
    I edited my history somewhat to try to make it sound good, but I'm still somewhat dissatisfied :\

Would you mind answering a couple more clarification questions :3 (sorry x|)
    1) How can people tell Al'ci apart?
    (Is it because of something particular about the physical markings? Is there some sort of auraidunnowhatthing about us?)

2) Who's sponsoring our journey?
    (If not monetarily, then who brought us together? 8|)

Sorry if I'm being a hassle :P​

Fera

Years
    No problem. This plot is a lot more complicated then most of the Roleplays on these forums, so I expect loads of questions. Ask them all day.

Al'ci obviously have there physical markings that separate them from normal people. The more the Al'ci matures the more they start to take on traits of their connected pokemon. For example, my character (who is connected to Ho-oh) will more and more see the beauty in all everything. As well as the more pure they become. So at the begning there will not be much seperation between our characters and normal people to begin with. Towards the end, however, there will be noticable differences in our actions.

Concerning who is sponsoring our journey, it will be the leaders of the cultural societies. For example, for my character, it will be the head monk of the Tin Tower. Or the place which is rumored to have been Ho-oh's home at one point in time. These cultural leaders have decided to take us to Johto to begin our journey together. They are doing this so we can be socially accepted for the first time and protect each other from the dangers that lay ahead.

The roleplay will have four stages.

1 - It will basically be just like any other classic trainer roleplay

2 - There will be a little side mission/Plot twist I have planned

3 - Finding your legendary and battling it.

4 - The Ending (The plot twist concludes.)

I suggest going to Bulapedia to do some research on your legendary and see what you can find.

Concerning Registration...

Sorry it took a while but I like to read everyone's character twice in order to make a fair decision.

Grey Fish -

Great Incorporation of 'unexplainable' of emotion attacks. Good paragraph and sentence structure. It could be a little bit longer but that is my fault and you are working on it as we speak. In the future I would like you to use a little bigger text and to not center your paragraphs. It was a little bit hard to read due to the font changes, however, the writing is great. The only real thing you need to add to your application is an RP Sample. Even if you don't have a post already written go ahead a write one about a day in your character's life or something. Be sure to make it so it shows off your writing talent as well as how long you are willing to spend writing for a quality post. (CyBeastSaber's sample is the length you should shoot for give or take a paragraph.) For now I will count you as... Accepted.

Mew1 -

The writing is not bad, it just isn't long enough. For example your appearance is only a few sentences. I am just not sure this is the right roleplay for you. The RP Sample is only a paragraph which is too short for what I am looking for. I am looking for quality paragraphs for most everything. However, since you put time into a sign up I will be give you another chance. Pending.

Christom -

Same thing as Mew1 really. As a whole it isn't bad, just not up to the standards I was looking for. I would say linger a little more on the detail of your character and the setting. You roleplay sample is basically all dialog and shows very little writing style. It is also a bunch on a few sentence paragraphs. I am also going to put you on Pending.

CyBeastSaber -

Even though it isn't completed yet it is a very good sign-up. Your sample is very well written as well as lengthy. Your history is at the same standard as your roleplay sample and I believe you will be able replicate it to your appearance and personality. You are the perfect example as to why a roleplay sample is a big part in an application. You are Accepted. (Just finish the rest of your entry.)

Current Reservations:

1- Charzeon
    2- Collie
    3- PerfectMonster
    4- Strikit

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    O.O I finished my SU and it DELETED itself from Microsoft Word. It'll still be done today, but it'll take a bit longer.

Name: Fyora and Darin Roschel

Legendary: Latios and Latias

Appearance: Fyora isn't the tallest person in the world. Though she stands at a mere five feet and three inches, she's more than satisfied with her small size and stature. If left alone, her hair would be dirty blonde, shoulder length, and curly. She does not. It has been dyed an electric blue color that accents her pale complexion and spiked in all directions. Her eyes can't be described with a single color, simply for the fact that they change hue as often as her moods change. In fact, her eyes change with her mood. After someone takes the time to get to know her, her eye color can be a good indicator of how she feels. She has a lip ring situated to the right side of her bottom lip. Her pale skin and pointed features point to an eastern heritage.

As for her wardrobe, she's certainly not up to date with the latest fashions, nor would she like to be. Her favorite shoes are a pair of woebegone black-grey Converse, though they may have just been black at one time. Blue jeans are her friend. She often keeps her favorite pairs until they're too ripped to permissibly wear in public. Lackadaisical in her selection of shirts, she finds one she likes, buys it, and wears it until it no longer fits, or like her jeans, cannot be worn in public any longer. She often wears a long black coat of thin enough material so that it breathes, but thick enough that it keeps the cold out. On the inside of the jacket there are two pockets. The coat itself is of sentimental value from her, as it was given to her by her older brother Korbin when he grew too big to wear it. Though that was when she was just twelve it's still large on her and she has to roll the sleeves back to use her hands.

Were it not for the gender and height differences, Fyora and Darin could easily switch identities. He stands at six feet and an inch, towering over his sister by nearly a foot. He isn't as broad as the other males of his family, however, which does bring him closer to resembling Fyora. That's not to say he isn't well-muscled; his muscles are just small. Naturally, his hair is a dirty blonde color, but he dyes it black and adds red when he gets the urge. If he allows it to do whatever it wishes it'll lie in messy waves, but he straightens it to perfection. His large blue eyes are the essence of innocence, and are expressive almost to the point that he doesn't even need to speak. Darin's bottom lip is pierced in the snakebite fashion, as is his left eyebrow.

Darin's favorite shirt is black and white horizontally striped and form fitting. With it he wears studded belts and jeans tight enough to belong to Fyora. She teases him ceaselessly for it, but he can't be convinced to change his ways. For cold weather he owns a black jacket. Red lettering across the front reads "Smile! =D."

On Fyora's left hip is a triangular mark with a teardrop-like shape. On Darin's right hip is the very same mark.

Personality: Having been raised with three brothers, Fyora isn't the most feminine girl. She much prefers comfort to being aesthetically pleasing, and is more likely to get along with males as friends than other females. Respect is not hard to earn from her, unless you already have it, then do something to lose it. If you are unable to win her respect you will be lucky to have merit placed on anything you say or think. Though she tries not to be unpleasantly cruel, Fyora has little tolerance for the flaws of others, and if the flaws are severe and obvious enough it is likely she'll lose control and say something about it. At the same time, she has flaws of her own. The line between arrogance and confidence is very thin in her world. She's generally quite confident in her own abilities, as well as those of her Pokemon. But if something happens to prove just how well she or they are doing she may grow overly confident, diving headfirst into situations she is unable to handle, and thus facing a blistering defeat that puts her back in her place. You would think she'd learn from it, but it's an endless cycle. Despite all this, Fyora does not like to fight. She would prefer to intimidate a foe than to engage in a confrontation with them. As far as intellect goes, Fyora isn't stupid. While she's not a prodigy she tends to have a better grasp on things like language and art than most. Her excellence in those subjects is paid for by her incapacity to learn, comprehend, and remember mathematical formulas and methods.

Inversely, Darin is not very masculine. He considers cleanliness and attractiveness to be important. Darin is a very social creature, and thrives with the company of others, most often females. He enjoys the emotional freedom they offer more often than males do. Affectionate and sweet, he easily grows attached to anyone who gives him the chance. His mind works in a liner, mathematical fashion, suggesting that arithmetic, physics, and computer hacking are among his strengths. While he is not necessarily humble, he is more level headed and aware of his limitations. Whether he embraces them or not is irrelevant. Music is one of his favorite parts of life, and he works endlessly to learn to play all the instruments he can get his hands on. Thus far he has learned the guitar in acoustic and electric, the drums, keyboard, harp, piano, bass, and violin.

History: Fyora and Darin were two of four children born to Artur and Delilah Roschel. She was the only girl, and as such grew up as most young boys would, having belching contests at dinner when her mother's back was turned and playing bloody knuckles. Only Darin, would play games that involved physical pain with her, however. The elder two, Korbin and Esthin, always seemed afraid they would hurt her. Often, she iterated that was the point, to see who could stand it the longest, but they still refused. They refused the same with Darin, though why he never understand. In the end it could be traced to the pure moral compass of their younger brother. They were repelled by it, having unclean moralities themselves. The trend would continue for the rest of Darin's life, as would it for Fyora.

For the first six years of her life, Fyora and Darin and their family lived in Violet City. Life there was unremarkable, with their mother working at the Pokemart, and their father an adviser for the gym leader Falkner. Being an ex-trainer himself, he gave the young leader tips on how to improve his strategy and which additions to his team he ought to make. After stepping in for Falkner on a day when he was sick, he remembered his passion for Pokemon, and decided to move to Blackthorn City and begin training under Clair. His children all disliked the small town, but they tried to stomach it for their father, as they had never seen him so happy. Their mother opened her own shop where she sold remedies for the many problems that afflict humans and their Pokemon at as low a cost as she could; there was great money in working with Clair, so the family was in no danger of going under.

There, Fyora and Darin began their education. Korbin and Esthin had already begun school in Violet City, but had not finished. Therefore they were aghast to discover the attendance at Blackthorn Academy was so small, they were in the same class as their younger brother and sister. Fyora, on the other hand, was thrilled. She elected to sit next to Korbin, always having looked up to him, and thrived with his direction where the teacher's failed. Darin was indifferent to the situation, as he had never been close to his brothers. He was just happy that he was able to be in the same class with Fyora.

When they were thirteen, a trainer stopped at their mother's shop with a clutch of four eggs that one of his Pokemon, he did not say what species, had laid. He seemed reluctant to part with them, but said that there had been too many times on the Ice Path when he had been afraid he would drop them, resulting in them breaking, extinguishing the lives of the developing embryos. If that was any indication of how the trip down the mountain would be, he did not want to risk it. Sympathetic to the young man, their mother awarded her daughter and sons each with one of the eggs with instructions to be as careful with them as they would if it was their own child.

After a period of incubation the eggs hatched, one by one. First was Esthin's. A Trapinch emerged after three weeks, and immediately he had found his new best friend. Then was Korbin's, which turned out to be a Sneasel. As luck would have it, Darin's and Fyora's hatched simultaneously. Darin's Growlithe and Fyora's Snorunt freed themselves of their shells at almost the exact same time, Snorunt a little faster--as the case had been with the birth of the twins. The two were overjoyed with their new partners, and bonded with them quickly.

A man came to visit the Roschel family when the twins were sixteen. He told Artur and Delilah that their son and daughter were special. From the birthmark on their hips to their connection with creatures of legend, they were destined for great things. Artur went into a rage at the implications of danger behind the stranger's information. He drove him from the house and warned him never to contact again.

Since Darin and Fyora had been present during the conversation, they were aware of every detail. Suddenly that they were shunned made sense, and the birthmarks were no longer a funny coincidence. They discussed the matter with one another in depth and for several months, until they decided that they could not shirk their responsibilities. Though they were frightened, they acknowledged that they were lucky. At least they had each other. Others, they assumed, were not so fortunate.

They went to their parents and told them that they did not want to run away from who they supposedly were. Though Artur and Delilah were reluctant, they relented and promised that if the man or any of his associates were to contact again they would inform them.

Pokemon: Fyora's male Snorunt and Darin's male Growlithe.

RP Sample: From his position concealed in the thick, smoky darkness he saw a rectangle of light appear, then vanish as soon as it had come. A challenger had arrived. A smirk curved his lips as he watched the girl first be confronted by one of his members, then a second. When she defeated that one as well a dark shape stirred by his feet. A cold aura emanated from it, heightening the frightening appearance that came from its twisted silhouette.

"Calm," the man commanded. It fell silent instantly, its blood red eyes trained on the young woman.

It did not take her long to get through to them, suggesting she had at least one team member that could withstand Dark offenses. That was alright. It would not make any difference in the outcome. As she neared his pedestal her footsteps slowed and her confidence melted visibly, leaving a shivering child in her place.

"State your business," he said coldly. She shuddered at the sound of his voice. It was like a serpent slithering over ice.

"I-I… I'm here for the b-badge," she stammered.

"Then let us begin. There are no rules in this gym. Either you succeed, or you do not. It is up to you."

When he emerged from the darkness he heard her stifle a gasp. His frigid blue eyes, focused intensely on her, glowed eerily. Black hair fell like a pagan wreath around his head. His unnaturally pale features twisted into a sadistic grin, giving the impression that he was on the ledge of insanity. The rest of his body was obscured by a floor length cloak, blacker than the darkest moonless night. His boots thudded dully as he led her to the center of the gym floor. Unbidden, the trainers moved out of the way and watched silently from the shadows, their eyes glowing like hungry dogs.

The twisted shape had followed him down. It positioned itself in front of him and waited. The girl realized after several moments of silence that she would not be told what to do here. Her hands shook uncontrollably as she retrieved a ball from her belt and threw it. A Forretress landed where it fell, towering over the far smaller dark shape. However, despite the species' generally blank expression, its anxiety was evident in the way its eyes darted back and forth. He chuckled cruelly.

"Go."

The little shadow lunged forward with a bloodcurdling screech, sealing the fate of its opponent.

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Name: Melinda Artemisan

Legendary: Rayquaza

Appearance: Melinda is medium height, 5 foot 6 inches. She has very white and delicate skin due to her not being out in the sun very often. Her face is oval shaped with waist long, black hair tied in a pony tail. Her eyes are a very bright yellow that even seems to glow in the dark. She doesn't have that much of build and next to no muscles at all. Lastly, she has a marking on her left arm of a dragon eating it's own tail

Melinda wears a light blue, sleeveless undershirt with a black vest with a dragon design on the back. She also wears long, deep green shorts with a golden design near the bottom and up the sides. She has black, combat boots with a white inside. Melinda also has a blue bandana tied around her neck with a long necklace with a Yen-Yang sign on it. She has many, multicoloured bracelets on her right wrist, a green and black watch on her left wrist and a 'talon' ring on her left ring finger.

Personality: Melinda is very quiet and usually doesn't say much even when spoken to. The vast majority of the time she gives one word responses or doesn't say anything at all. Combined with her quietness, she also isn't very active. She could spend a whole day asleep and even when she is being bullied or insulted, she doesn't say or do much.

However, she becomes a completely different person when Rayquaza is really feeling strong emotions. This, considering the Legendary, isn't all that rare. Melinda becomes very loud and active, usually in the violent variety. Despite her small frame, it can take a couple strong men to keep her down and suede her.

Despite her violent or quiet nature, Melinda has a very strong sense of justice. She can't stand seeing acts of injustice and will sometimes go out of her way to end the crime. She is also nice to most people, if she isn't in a violent state or just plain ignoring everyone.

History: Melinda was born to a very poor shop keeper and his wife in Pacifidlog Town. When her parents saw that she had very strange eyes, they took her to the local church to see what was going on. The priest there announced that she was one of the Al'ci and her parents, not wanting to deal with anything like that, dropped her off at a far away orphanage. Melinda has never seen her real parents again since and doesn't really want to.

Since then, Melinda had been going from foster parent to foster parent. Most parents take her in because they see how docile she is and want to help her come out of her shell. However, most always drop her off to another orphanage or foster parent when Melinda gets into one of her violent stages. Some still tried to keep her after the first show, but never after a second or third time.

At the age of 14, Melinda was sent to a prison off the coast of Mossdeep both her own and the public's safety. She is kept separate from the other prisoners and even gets some special privileges; like the pair of Pokemon she always keeps with her. James her Munchlax who she got from a foster parent on her 12 birthday and Echidna the Ekans the prison warden assigned to her because the snake can keep the girl down when she is violent.

Now, at 17, Melinda is being release from prison due to message saying that if Al'ci can prove themselves, that the world will be saved. This of course, includes Melinda. She, along with her two Pokemon, set off to complete the quest given to them.

Pokemon:
    Echidna
    [FONT=&quot]
    Spoiler:
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]James[/FONT]
    Spoiler:

[FONT=&quot]RP Sample: [/FONT]

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fera

Years
    Concerning Registration:

Sign-ups are still open.

This roleplay will begin as soon as we get 1-2 more applicants. (Hopefully male.) My character should be up tonight.

Strikit: That was a very interesting read. Every sentence was very interesting as well as your characters. From their appearances to their personalities they are very different. You are, without much thought, accepted. The only thing I could really see wrong is your sample could have been longer... but very nice.

Charzeon: A very... well spontaneous character. Not much wrong with your application so I will get to the point and accept you. However, also note that your character does not have any extra physical strength because it is connected with a legendary. Still a quality sign up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back