• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alter Ipse Amicus

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    This sounded interesting so here it goes...

Name: Leo Bzirk

Legendary: Entei

Appearance: Leo has brown hair that is about an inch and a half long and spiked upward. His eyes are normally green will, in certain light become a pale grey. He stands at six feet two in. and is lean and muscular. He has an odd mark above his right eyebrow that is a squared spiral that starts at the left edge of his eyebrow. He has slightly tanned skin and fairly defined features that give him the look of an 18 year old.

His clothing is casual and fairly normal. He wears jeans, shorts, t-shirts and hooded sweat shirts most of the time and rarely wears formal attire. His favorite shirt is white and has a picture of a lion in black and white on it. His sweat shirt is thin, green and has a banner design with Leo on it. He has grey and black tennis shoes on at almost all times.

Personality: Leo is a calm person and tries to be kind to everyone even those who do not deserve it. At least he would if he didn't have uncontrollable and extremely random mood swings and pains that drive him crazy most of his life. He has thus become seemingly shy as to not attack any one for reasons he doesn't understand. Of course it is just due to Entei's powerful emotions which come through quite often.

History: Leo was born in a small town very rarely heard about to farmers and had grown up seemingly normal. When he was five things began to seem strange, he had minor mood swings. As he grew the mood swings effects on Leo became more drastic and eventually the stress caused his eyes to change, not in normal daylight but under artificial or dim daylight his eyes were a pale grey.

By the time he was ten he had begun to draw away from others and seemed depressed but he was perfectly happy with his life. At one point his parents became worried to the point of taking him to the closest town with a psychologist and have him put through therapy. When he was deemed mentally fine his parents took him to the nearest church. The priest looked at Leo for a few seconds and then said, "He is an Al'ci." Then he told them of the prophecy and they slowly believed it.

When he became thirteen his father had went to the next town and would be returning so he had done as much on the farm as he could to show appreciation to what his parents did for him. When his father returned he handed Leo two pokeballs and led him to a patch of tall grass at the edge of the village and began to teach Leo how to raise pokemon.

Within the pokeballs his father had given him were two pokemon both of which were Evee. When Leo asked his father why this was he had replied, "Two reasons, the first being that Evee has very flexible evolution choices and the second that they were the first two pokemon I came across as I came home." This made Leo smile.

On his 16th birthday he set out to find other Al'ci when the priest had come to his home and asked this of him. The priest had known the prophecy well enough to help Leo understand and reach his destiny.

Pokemon: Two Evee one male and one female. The male was named Fang and the female was named Grace

RP Sample: (Couldn't decide what to do so I just put a day of Leo's past into detail.)

It was Leo's thirteenth birthday and he had felt tired of hiding inside all the time so he decided to do as much work around his parents' farm as possible. As he stepped out the door and onto the porch his mother saw him and walked up to say, "It's amazing, you actually came outside."
    Leo smiled and then replied, "It gets boring sitting inside all day especially when you don't talk to anyone. I decided to work today." He waited for his mother to list off a number of things that needed to be done as they stood there.
    His mother then stated, "Well seeing as your father went into the next town I could use some help to day…" And so his mother had him work for hours stopping only for lunch.

Finally his mother had to go and cook and when she had disappeared through the door he mumbled, "I can't believe I actually thought I wanted to work." That's when his father came walking up to their house.
    "Hey, Leo, what are you doing outside?" his dad asked him loudly. Leo who had not seen his father coming was startled and turned to face him quickly.
    "Welcome back Dad. Mom just went in to start cooking." Leo said avoiding the question. Then his father reached into his bag and took from it two Pokeballs and handed them to Leo. "What are these for?" he asked confused. Then his father shook his head and motioned for Leo to follow him toward the outside of town.

When they reached a patch of tall grass his father stopped and said, "In those Pokeballs I gave you are two Evees one is male the other is female, name them if you wish. You will need them to help you survive your future travels but you need to train them."
    "Why did you get two Evees?" Leo asked.
    "Two reasons, the first being that Evee has very flexible evolution choices and the second that they were the first two pokemon I came across as I returned home." replied Leo's father. At this Leo smiled.

After word Leo brought out one Evee, the male, he attempted to touch it, and it bit him playfully with sharp teeth. "I think I'll call you Fang." Then a wild pokemon jumped out of the grass and tried to attack them but having seen his father battle wild pokemon Leo understood the basics and said, "Fang, tackle." As he said that Fang launched at the wild pokemon and sent it sprawling back towards the grass.
    "That was good." said Leo's dad, "But we should probably wait until tomorrow to continue training. I just remembered that you only know the basics. Besides you barely know your Pokemon yet. Try to spend as much time with them as possible." At that they headed home to eat supper.

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
    Years
    Thanks, Fera. If you want a better sample I can provide one, I just like that one. I generally write more, I just enjoyed the anonymity of the character I maintained in that post. I thought it'd be a good example of my writing style and my capabilities.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    Here is the first part of my SU will do history as soon as possible
    Name: Kayla Harbinson

Legendary: Deoxys (or Celebi if Deoxys is unavailable)

Appearance: Kayla is about 5"4, and is very slim and attractive looking. She has naturally tanned looking skin. Her hair is a dark brown colour that lies straight, down to her hips. Her eyes are a hazelnut colour and are placed a little close to each other. Her nose is short and rounded at the end. On her chest, Kayla has a small birth mark just beneath her collar bone that looks like an infinte symbols inside a loveheart made of two entwined snakes.

Pretty much all Kayla likes to wear is a slim tank top and a pair of her favourite jeans. Although the style of the tank top doesn't change, the colour does. Every single day. Somedays she likes to let her hair hang down, or sometimes she ties it up in a hairpin shaped like a heart, given to her from her brother. She wears silver and black sneakers, except for when she is lazing around in bare feet.

Personality: Some people might say that Kayla is a freak, and that she wouldn't do anything to help them, or blame her for the attacking legendarys. Most just think that she is a really great person inside, but she has her demons. Even though she's fairly popular, she doesn't abuse her power to get her own way. She loves to listen to and try and fix other peoples problems. She loves her foster parents, her foster siblings and would never dream of hurting Pokemon if it wasn't for a good reason. Since she is attached to Deoxys, she feels very curious and longing to explore the wide universe of space. Her big flaw is that she has a very short fuse and will go ballistic if anyone sets it off.

History: (History of your character...)

Pokemon: Horsea (Venus)
    Zorua (Bran)

RP Sample: From Pokemon Discovered
    Spoiler:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    It's actually more adrenaline then anything else that makes her strong when violent, but if you want I could change that.

Fera

Arsenal for English Premere
    Years
    Strikit: No it's fine the way it is, you wrote a lot more then a general sign-up entitles due to having to describe two characters.

Charzeon: It, too, is fine the way it is. I just wanted to clarify and now it makes perfect sense to me.

Perfectmonster: I will wait to grade you until you have finished.

Oh and my character Will be up later today. I have two soccer scrimmages and so... she will remain unfinished until a little bit later. Sorry I am being such a slacker.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Uh...

I'm sorry but am I out? I edited my sign up, so do you want me to post it up again? If it's bad or anything you can let me know, so just was wondering if you noticed the edit or not...

Also I'd like to ask, where did you come up with the name Al'ci? It sounds like some sort of archaic term (which is good for this thread), so did you come up with it yourself or does it mean something in a different language?

Strikit

Years
    I'm just seriously excited for this to start. Oh, also, in my sig are Darin and Fyora. I sprited them aaaall by myself. And if anyone wants their character sprited I'll do it from their SU appearance section, because I really enjoy spriting.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    I was actually thinking about asking you Strikit, but I didn't want to be too forward. But, since you mentioned it, would you please do Melinda? :)

Strikit

Years
    I'd love to. I love to sprite things, but it's sad when you put all that effort into a Charizard/Bulbasaur mutation that will never be used, so I try to wait until my things will have a use.

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
    Years
    Yeah, I completely understand you. I love to sprite too but I'm not very good at it. I'm not too bad with Pokemon mutation or recoloring (though I have a round about way of about since the usual way doesn't work for me) but I find it impossible to make trainer sprite. Of course, it doesn't help that I can't find original trainer sprites.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Strikit? Would you mind making me one as well? In return I can give you uh... well I don't really have anything... I could write you a Pokemon Poem for your signature like the one I have. Anyways I'd like one too if you wouldn't mind.

But I think we're getting a bit off topic here. I wonder what our characters will do when they find their legendaries?

Fera

Years
    Siron Igarme: Sorry I just don't know if you are what I am looking for in a roleplay like this. Sorry your writing isn't too bad but I believe that I will not be accepting anyone else unless I know they are a quality roleplayer. Again I apologize.

ChrisTom: I talked to you over PMs and you are accepted.

On another note.... I just spent the time typing my character in the forums posting system... only to have my mac freeze for the first time and I lost a good chunk of it... luckily I have some of it in word... but I am extremely frustrated so I believe I will wait till tomorrow before I can gather my thoughts again... and rewrite a lot it.... sigh. Unbelievable. Just kidding... I lost all of it. Think I will just go to bed and cry

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
    Name: Kristian Reid
    Legendary: Darkrai
    Appearance: Kristian is about 5'8" in height. He's the kind of boy who's tall and thin and you'd think he wasn't eating enough when in reality he eats more than pretty much anyone you can think of. He's really fond of sugar and sugary foods and doesn't often get good nutrition, which is why he's got about no muscle mass. Kristian has dark black hair which is shoulder-length or so; it was dyed when he was younger from blond and he keeps redying it. On occasion he'll get streaks of red or pink or blue in it but for the most part he keeps it jet-black. Kristian wears eyeliner [oh wow, couldn't see that one coming from my user title ._.;] thickly around his eyes and always carries a stick with him. He's pretty concerned about his appearance, often being called metrosexual.

Kristian's manner of dress isn't anything special. For the most part he wears things like band T-shirts and skinny jeans...lots and lots of skinny jeans. Most days his shoe choice is Converse but sometimes he'll wear sneakers or Vans. He wears black nail polish most of the time but if he can't be bothered he'll leave his nails unpainted. He has a good, Caucasian complexion and doesn't break out -- he's inherited good skin genes from his mother. Kristian has deep brown eyes that are a darker brown than most peoples', almost black.

Personality: Kristian prefers to keep to himself since that's how he's grown up. Having been bullied in school he finds it hard to become friends with people easily, since he's made friends only to have them screw him over before. Most people think he's asocial or the like when really he just has a very hard time trusting. Efforts to befriend him often don't go over very well but it's a good thing to try anyway, since gradually he can learn to trust.

Kristian absolutely despises his father and that hate has carried over into many of the things his father enjoys. This is why he has problems with several issues without having much of a reason to back it up. It's hard to distinguish between what he doesn't like because of his father and what he doesn't like just because he doesn't like it. Kristian only has one or two friends and hasn't let himself date in two years, so his social skills are a little underdeveloped. However he does enjoy friends...he just doesn't get them often because he's so wary about people who want to become his friend.

History: Kristian has grown up in an abusive household. His father regularly beat his mother and when his mother was gone, his father would turn to him instead. He's been raped several times by him and left broken on the floor, but unlike most characters with an abusive household he doesn't turn to cutting or have suicidal thoughts. Kristian believes that even though he's had a really sucky life, there has to be something in it to live for. He wants to shine, but he doesn't know how to. However he can try to be as different from the normal outcome as he can.

He has lived through nine years of abuse [from age eight to age seventeen], both physical and emotional -- his mother called the police shortly after that and his father was sent to jail, although Kristian has a feeling he'll get out on something stupid like good behavior. As previously stated, Kristian has not had a good school life and has had to deal with the common insults to a boy wearing black nail polish, eyeliner, and long hair. Mainly being called a [f]aggot, transgender, and the like for his slightly feminine looks. He's decided that he's going to go out and try to find a better life for himself, and also to find just what that mark that he has means. What it could hold for him. It's not a normal birthmark, he knows that much. But he doesn't quite know what it is and it's pure luck that he happens to travel with the others of his kind. He knows absolutely nothing about the Al'ci [besides that he must be one because of the mark] and so his reason for being on the quest is mainly to find out everything about the mark and the species that he belongs to for having the mark.

Pokemon: Shinx [male] (Cross) ;; Shedinja [genderless] (Starlet)

RP Sample: I haven't RP'd here in a long time, so I'm going to post a bit from one of my stories if that's all right.

Spoiler:

Bahaha, I'm a nerd for using the same name for two different things.

I'm sorry if this is a terrible sign-up.
    Just tell me what to do and I'll fix it :]

edit; I just read your above post...am I still allowed to be in it? D:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
    I am sorry but I think I will have to cancel my reservation. I am truly sorry, hope the RP goes well! (Which i'm sure it will. :])

Years
    I'm so sorry it took me so long to get this SU posted...here it is.

Name: Aki Tomoyi

Legendary: Moltres

Appearance: He looks like a woman, and most people comment on that. Actually , most people call him a woman the first time he meets them...but he usually corrects them. He isn't particularly tall, only 5 feet and 4 inches, and very thin. Because of the way he was raised, he isn't much of a physical fighter.

Aki doesn't do a lot to try to look like a man; his hair is long and he wears gender-neutral clothing. Most often he can be seen wearing baggy jeans and a grey T-shirt or sweatshirt. His hair is various shades of red and occasionally seems golden in the right light. His eyes are a fierce green, his eyebrows well-groomed. His whole body is sharp and angular, seeming to be mostly bones. Even with his thin body, his face is very bright, due to the constant smile he wears on it. He usually ties his hair up in a loose ponytail, but when it is down it comes to just below his shoulders. The body parts he likes most are his hands, which have an elegant look to them.

On his collar bone, the entire length, are scar-like flames. If he didn't have such a marking, he would wear rather skimpy, feminine shirts instead of simple T-shirts. In fact, he would probably wear more feminine clothes if he could, but he doesn't want to confuse people more than he already does.

When under watch by his mother, he wears sandals. When not being hounded on by his parental unit, however, he wears a pair of Vans he purchased on a rare trip into town.

Personality: Aki is pretty cheerful and goofy. He's rather awkward when around people, and he usually covers it up by acting especially ridiculous. He tries hard to exude an aura of confidence and joy, no matter the circumstances. Even when being yelled at and accused, he tries hard to brush it off with a smile.

He is actually an emotional rollercoaster. He very much wants approval from those that he is around and will practically beg for it. Due to this, he is rather oblivious when it comes to people using him. When it comes to insults, he handles them well externally but is usually very stricken deep down. He doesn't handle betrayal well either, often dropping his cheerful exterior and breaking down into tears.

One of the biggest problems Aki has is that he gets lots in his own outter persona at times. Even if he feels like his world is falling apart, he will put on a happy smile and act silly just to keep everyone else going. This also helps him deal (or rather, not deal) wit his own problems. He's actually very sweet, caring a lot for his friends. Still, his inability to cope with his own darker emotions can lead to very problematic situations, especially when he tries to act as a martyr. (A cheerful, happy-go-lucky martyr, but still a martyr.)

If anyone tries to have a serious chat with him, he will open up.

History: He grew up just outside of Saffron City. While most people, when hearing where his is from, expect him to have had a very social and exciting childhood, he rarely visited the city. His mother, having realized what her son was when he was born, almost never let him out of their house. He was forced for much of his childhood to stay by her side or watch other children playing outside. Though there were many trainers and tourists coming into Saffron and also passing by Aki's house, he didn't meet many of them.

His mother also refused to let him near Pokemon. Due to the way he was raised, he didn't get much exercise and his muscles practically atrophied. Part of the reason he is so thin is because of his mother and the food that she would make him eat, which hardly contained any calories.

It was only when he got older and began sneaking out of the house that he experienced the real world. At first, wide-eyed and totally amazed, he was taken in by some less than well-meaning people. At the same time, he befriended people that would become his protectors and companions, eventually leading him away from the destructive friends he had made at first.

Aki is still rather naive and innocent, if only because of the friends he made that shielded him from the worse parts of society. As he grew older he snuck out more, until his mother realized what he was doing and locked and barred his windows. After that point, he didn't go out of the house at all. It was also then that his mother told him of the prophecy and (screaming) revealed why she didn't want him to ever go into the outside world. She didn't want her child invovled and would do anything to keep him safe, even if it meant destroying Aki.

It wasn't long until one of his friends (Toya Ikebu) snuck into Aki's house at night and, breaking the lock on Aki's door, busted the boy out. He hurried the boy to the magnet train station, giving him a ticket and two Pokeballs with Pokemon inside. Both boys knew that it would be the last time they saw each other, but they also knew that for Aki's mental health he had to get away from his mother as soon as possible. Even though Aki had the chance, he didn't tell Toya of the prophecy, nor did he reveal his marking.

Aki has since landed in Jhoto and begun exploring, simply trying his hardest to figure out the world and how to deal with it. The two Zubats that Toya gave him never leave his side, and he cares for them a great deal. Even though Toya did give him money before he left, most of his money was taken from his mother's wallet on the dining room table the night he ran away.

He's begun making new friends, trusting his Zubats when they chase away certain people. Just as he trusted Toya, he relies on his Zubats as a way to keep harmful people away from him. Toya had set up for one of his friends in Goldenrod to house Aki for a while, and so he has been staying with the woman (Aya Kobayakawa) since his arrival. He plans to leave soon, though, in order to explore the world.

Pokemon: Two Zubats

RP Sample: From 'Ever Sinnoh Trainer Like That?'

Spoiler:

Fera

Years
    Emobill: Sorry this has taken so long to get up... swamped in school work. Although I need you to unevolve your shedinja for now. They are supposed to be basic pokemon. Very nice application and you are accepted.

Collie: Same to you, very nice application and you too are accepted.

I love how we have several of the same type of boys in this roleplay haha... the, normally, original style has become not as original... anyways my character will be up later tonight as well as maybe the first post.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Cool! Can't wait to see your character Fera!

Uh... Collie, I hope you don't take this the wrong way I just wanted to know: Is Aki Homosexual or just very feminine? The way you describe his wanting to wear feminine skimpy clothing, how he doesn't want to look masculine, and also his personality. I couldn't quite tell, and I hope you don't take offense, I just wanted to know...

Fera

Years
    Here it finally is... whew I ended up having to write that whole thing twice so I apologize for the late work. Also I am beginning to write the first post tonight. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow. I just noticed the amount of really strange men characters we have in this roleplay haha... anyways If anyone would like to make changes to their characters now would be the time. Also start to become accustomed to everyone else's characters. Thanks so much for your patience. It has taken a while to start but hopefully be well worth the wait.

P.S. Strikit I like those trainers. If you have time to do one for me it would be highly appreciated.

Legendary: Ho-oh

Appearance:

Everything about Katherine screams out ordinary. Her brown hair avalanches to her mid back and Katherine refuses to use any ties to restrain her hair since she was in the first grade. This doesn't mean, however, that she doesn't have an infatuation with ribbons. Neither the color nor length separates her from the rest of her peers. Her skin is extricated from teenage blemishes and takes a pale beige tint. She is often told that her coiffure and complexion resembles her mother's when she was around her age, something that Katherine takes much pride in. Both her nose and ears are very petite and indistinct. The teen's eyebrows are very thin and it is necessary to pencil them in every once and a while. Her eyes are a very luminous amber and a gateway into mystery. More then one boy has stumbled upon her glance and none have been able to comprehend the complexity that lies within them. However, it is her smile that finishes off her clean-cut look it polished off by her smile. Katherine's grin is constant and absolute. Her teeth are a flawless white and are always unveiling themselves.

It is not the first glance at Katherine that grabs attention; it is the second. The girl does not have the 'wow' factor as some females include in their repertoire. Neither is she hot. Instead she is straight out beautiful. Her body is thin and lengthy. Katherine stands around five feet nine inches and weighs in about one hundred and twenty-eight pounds. Most of her height comes from her torso rather then legs and Even though her figure is dainty, Katherine has her complaints. Like most girls her age, she wishes her bust was a little bit bigger. Her arms are not defined in the least bit. However, her thighs have some muscle build up as well as the back of her legs. A female's hands are always small; Katherine does not vary from the norm. She trades length for cleanliness. There is always a coat of paint on her nails and they seem to be perfectly trimmed. This polished look is only noticed after a few glances.

Katherine was not born with a fifth sense for fashion. This does not mean her clothes are hideous, in the least bit, but she loves to copy what she sees and adds a little bit of flare. Under a white jacket (with a popped collar) lays a red tank top that ends just about at her white skirt. The white skirt falls only to mid-thigh, but is layered over a pair of navy blue spandex shorts. These shorts only cover three inches from the knee. For footwear, Katherine chooses to wear a fashion-sport hybrid. They are all white except the shoes are branded with a red Puma logo. Grasping the white skirt is a pale yellow belt. This article of clothing clasps onto six pokeballs, two of which are in use. On days that involve heavy climbing or freezing conditions, Katherine carries a pair of navy gloves. Finally no outfit is complete without her signature red ribbon. This accessory runs around the middle of her head and grazes by the back of her ears. Whether is should be labeled a ribbon or bandanna is uncharted territory but a few things are concrete. It is a vibrant red and constructed of durable cloth. Katherine dresses for both performance on the battlefield and performance with people. The girls clothing is great for traveling but still compliments her looks.

There is one abnormality to Katherine. Ever since the day she was born there has been some kind of marking on her leg. It is located on the lower left side of her left thigh. To Katherine's dismay, it wasn't just any old birthmark. Instead, the brand was colored amber. Sometimes this tattoo from birth even glowed. It was not normal, it was not accepted, but in its own way wonderful. Katherine bore the mark of Ho-oh. Her Fal'cia. In the background of the mark lays stripes. Had they not all been shaded with same auburn color the would appear to be rainbow. In front of the stripes lay three overlapping circles.

Personality:

Katherine is, at first, very stoic. She is not comfortable with sharing her emotions or feelings with strangers and avoids contact with just about anyone. The girl burgeons when around friends or feels comfortable with a situation. In these situations she is not afraid to open up and expose her characteristics in search of companionship. Katherine has a natural talent of attracting new friends without much of an effort, something she wishes would not always happen. Developing trust with the girl is not always a simple task and requires both loads amount of time and effort but is well worth the wait. Katherine is not perfect, even though she tries to convince herself otherwise. Even though drama with other females has been very scarce the few fights have developed into guerrila war. A very serious Katherine does not take mistakes by other as well as one would hope.

One characteristic seems to have defined Katherine's existence the most. She simply cares too much about what other think about her. The teen spent most of her childhood trying to blend in with her peers and hiding the curse imprinted on her skin. All she had ever wanted to be was a normal kid; it was not to be. This cruel reality still proves very difficult for Katherine to grasp today. She no longer takes life for gran id. Instead she has chosen to try her best at pretty much everything she does.

Her treatment of her pokemon is the inverse of how she treats humans. She stores trust in them as if they were a stock and she was a stock broker. She is often too gracious with them and there training sessions are lazy at best. The love she shows for her partners is apparent and not always healthy. She is not a trainer who likes to display them all day. They often reside their containers until she finds them useful. You will not find a Pikachu on her shoulder.

History:

Katherine never met her father. He had disappeared days after her birth and neither his once wife and his child every tried to contact him after the bitter divorce. It was not a question as to why he had left. His daughter was not human, at least not to him. She was cursed with some kind of ancient markings and he wasn't a religious man. This could not have happened to such a successful businessman such as himself. So Mark Carrior left his family in the metropolitan city of Goldenrod. Dumbfounded by the recent events, Kristina Vermaelan (recently Carrior) took her child and a hefty check (from the divorce) to Euratek City to live among relatives. They accepted the pair with open arms.

The small family lived quite comfortably. Even though Kristina only ran the city's finest flower shop they were able to dwell on the divorce settlement. There house a good size, Kristina owned a fairly nice car, and Katherine was able to attend a top private school. They were living a dream and the only thing that seemed to be negative was the existance of Katherine's brand. This fairy tale would not end happily ever after.

In early years, Katherine was told that her Fal'cia was only a birthmark. She was told many children had the same brand as her. The truth was not kept hidden from the child to protect her from a harsh reality; they really had no clue as to why she was like the way she was. As the child grew into adolescence there were still no answers to the unanswerable question. However, finally Katherine would propel her mother into action. After what seemed to be a normal day at school, Katherine had burst through the door tears free flowing down her scarlet face. She was no older then the sixth grade and naturally her mother came to comfort her. However, the secret was no longer a whisper. Katherine now knew she wasn't normal because of a conversation at school. A boy had noticed the female's Fal'cia during a game of volleyball in gym class. After a long discussion Kristina was finally able to comfort her crushed child. Kristina promised the shattered child she would find an answer. Just like years prior to Katherine's epiphany the answer eluded the desperate mother. Until one horrible day.

It was market day and Katherine's mother was doing routine shopping. She overheard a conversation between two monks from the local temples. She was able to make out four words from the articulate figures. Strange. Marking. Children. Legend. At this time Katherine had graduated the seventh grade and her marking was common knowledge around the school. Her health had taken a turn for the worse. Fevers and migraines were now every week occurrences. After countless medical examinations, procedures, and tests there was still no answers or relief. Kristina was in a panic to rescue her sick child and so this conversation gave a little hope to to a dwindiling candle. Immediately Katherine was brought to the Tin Tower in Euratek City. After a few minutes of examination of Katherine's lower thigh they said they knew the answer. For just a few seconds Kristina experienced a sense of such peace and tranquility it was nothing short of a miracle. However, the head of the tower washed the feeling away in mere seconds. He explained that Katherine was an Al'ci and the responsibility that rested on her child's shoulders. He explained how she was marked by Ho-oh and shared an harmonious connection with the beast...

Pokemon: Vulpix, Totodile

Roleplay Sample
    :

There was a stalwart gale at the top of the mountain which ruined the once organized juxtaposition of snow. The meteorologists had predicted only a small flurry but it had developed into much more. With every second the colossal storm enveloped Kara more and more. This was enough reason for anyone to call it a day, but this is what she lived for. The crowds were off the mountains, which gave Kara domain to the mountain. The teenager gently leaned forward coaxing her skis to begin sliding. After a few seconds to gain speed and a few swings from her poles she began gliding down the face of the mountain. It was inexplicable skiing. Even for Kara, who had practically lived on the slopes, the run was extremely complicated. She could not see more then ten feet forward and the mountain seemed as if it was a ninety degree angle. What seemed like an hour was, in reality, only a few minutes. Kara reached the bottom of the peak avoiding every hazardous tree, ditch, and mogul. It had been so exhilarating, so freeing, so innocent. There was one thing, however, that the fresh powder was not able to mend. A rush of cold and somberness shot through the teen's vascular system. It was the last time she would complete a run for at least a year. She was to leave on a Pokemon journey in a few mere days.

Kara reached down and clicked the latch, which released her foot from the bondage that was enforced by the ski. Mirroring her actions on the left foot she was finally free. Picking up her most prized possessions she continued to the lodge. The weather was not even half the intensity that it was at the mountain's climax; Kara could now see her breathe crystallize. It was dusk and the temperature began to plummet. The girl quickened her pace and reached the large cabin within moments. Her marathon pace transferred right into the building, there was no wat on earth she was going to spotted by herself. Appearance was everything to the female and looking like she had no friends was not acceptable. To the future trainer's relief she made it to the lockers without a single eye casting a judgmental expression. Grabbing her possessions and changing her ski shoes into more feminine boots, Kara left the lodge. After regaining her skis, she trotted to the toasty, orange ski tram. Boarding it she prepared herself for a descent back to her families cabin in Snowpoint City.

Only a few humans inhabited the train. Kara had isolated herself from the world with her expensive headphones, but she couldn't help but notice the happiness in everyone's faces. There was a family of four sitting at the very end of the cart which had two very young children. Both of them seemed to be ecstatic about their first day of skiing while the parents, who looked worn out, were smiling and looking them both directly into the eyes. That daughter reminds me of my first time up here. Oh, that was the best day of my life... Kara's mind was racing and yearning to go back in time. There was one more pair on the train, however, they were not both human. There was a boy, not much older then Kara, who seemed to be smiling at a newly captured Sneasle. The trainer and steed appeared to have an unmeasurable swagger. To the girl's surprise the trainer removed a badge case which veiled five badges. That's unbelievable... he has five badges, already!? That is going to be me. However, I will not be dressed in such despicable clothing, that is for sure." The train came to a halt moments later and the party of people exited without a word to each other.

It was now an hour past seven by the time Kara had reached the threshold of her cabin. The girl opened the door and was greeted by the dark corridors. She flipped a few translucent lights on and continued to bed. She forgot everything and drifted to sleep...

The sky was still dark. There was not a cloud in the sky to block the sun; it was simply just not up. The gated community was littered with both luxury and sport vehicles. It seemed as if the powerful stat had affected the mood of the village. It was lifeless. There were no lights expelling themselves from windows, there was no one outside retrieving their previously delivered newspapers, and even the joggers were still hibernating from the ideal weather. Actually making these conclusions may not be the fairest reflection on the village. There was an anomaly. At the end of cul-de-sac lay a sizable manor, which at first glance looked as lifeless as the next. However, if one inspected the third story right window, there was a faded luminous state to it. The large shelter lay on sizable plot of land, somewhere around an acre. The house dwarfed the plot of land; it was a colossal Victorian styled building. Large pillars, beautifully sculpted columns, and steep triangular roofs constructed the mansion. It was as if a Gothic style had coalesced with a small Renaissance castle.

On the third floor of four stories lay the daughter's dormitory. It resembled a very classy but expensive hotel suite. It was massive enough to take up much of the third floor and came complete with a mini kitchen. However, even the room was vacant of light. The only trace of it came from the master bathroom. In it was a young woman. Kara had just returned from her final ski trip of the year and was preparing for her journey. One could say she had matured too fast, others would say her investment in materialistic values proved she was still emotionally immature. One thing was for sure; her look was anything but youthful. Kara's mother, Maria, had dressed her in designer clothing since the day she could fit it.

Very loud music pulsated out of the bathroom doorway. The song 1901, by the band Phoenix, radiated its beats and harmonies as the sixteen year old dried her hair. The volume would have been unbelievably loud at such an early time of the morning if her room had not been so isolated. The walls seemed to be so well insulated that the music couldn't be heard from even just outside the threshold. After an hour Kara had finished prepping her hair, teeth, and scents. She exited the bathroom and entered her sizable domain. The girl allocated a bag of fresh coffee beans into the carafe which immediately began to cook. Kara, without haste, moved to the blender. In a matter of minutes she had created a concoction that included both fresh mango, kiwi and incredible amounts of protein powder. With a disgusted face she downed the potion and repositioned her body in front of her HD TV. She flipped it on and began watching highlights of the skiing competition that had transpired the day prior. A very intense yearning for fresh powder shot through her tiny exoskeleton. Flashes of her prior trip illuminated themselves throughout her mind. Did I make the right choice? Should I really become a trainer? Kara's brain was working overtime.
    Alter Ipse Amicus

Years
    ChrisTom: Haha tha'ts a great question that I was expecting. Nope he's not gay, and I don't mind you asking. Originally, he was supposed to be yes, but ended up not be a homosexual. Which is a pity...

But, he's just...rather feminine. To an extreme point.

But..I mean, it wouldn't really matter either way would it? Haha, gay or straight, it doesn't matter anymore.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well of course it doesn't matter collie, I just wanted to know if what I inferred was true. He just seemed almost transgender in my opinion. But it's interesting that that was how he originally was going to be. My character is quite a wimp for having the Fal'ci of one of the most powerful legendary Pokemon to ever exist. The only physical quality he has is that he can run very fast.

I can't wait to see this RP progress. I like how it's reminiscent to the "Percy Jackson Series" and I would really like to see how this goes. Fera, you've come up with a wonderful idea, and I'm happy to be a part of this. Would you kindly tell me if mild bunnying is ok? Like me replying to another person saying something, or asking a question to somebody at the end of my post? Once more I'm very excited.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

A.K.A.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back