• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alter Ipse Amicus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fera

Arsenal for English Premere
    Years
    ((OOC: Just so you guys are aware. There is an Al'ci for every legendary. Those who are not being used by an actual role player are still with us or have no been discovered. Sorry something went completely crazy and had to like edit a ton..."))

Headlights on Dark Roads (continued)

After a few introductions Katherine was left to fend for herself. The group of 'mentors' collected themselves a few yards away from the girl. The lone teenager reached down to her thigh feeling the curse that separated her from the rest of mankind. Damn. Of course I am alone again. Maybe Mr. Nakamura lied. Maybe I am the only Al'ci... but then why would... Her thoughts remained incomplete. Her blue pokemon became restless as two figures approached. They had very different looks to them. The pair were opposite in sex but shared very similar face structure. The female had dyed her hair a vibrate blue while the boy possessed unnatural black hair. They approached Katherine; the boy embraced the lead. Totodile had braced himself for a fight.

"Hi. I'm Darin, this is Fyora, and that's Xane and Jack," the boy smiled and spoke. One of the pokemon approached Totodile with uncharted curiosity. Totodile was a lot less friendly to the intruder. The blue monster was quickly transported back to his pokeball.

"Sorry, he is unpredictable. I'm Katherine and that was... Totodile..." Katherine was visibly embarrassed for not having a name for her second pokemon. "So you here to save the world too?" The sentence had no foundation of seriousness but in fact was developed purely of sarcasm. Before the two could respond there was another interruption.

A girl from a distance screamed, "James!" A Munchlax, presumably named James, charged the group of three. The pokemon reached the group and began to speak. It looked like Katherine was not the only one unable to control her pokemon.

Ignoring the Muchlax until the trainer arrive, Katherine continued the conversation. "Sorry this might sound really weird. If you guys are Al'ci you surely cannot be siblings... can you?" The girl questioned a little hesitant. It looked as if the boy who introduced himself first was going to answer but he was again, interrupted.

Another boy with dyed black hair approached and exhaled a sentence, "Umm... Hi. I'm... I'm Darkrai." The only thing that followed was silence. A very awkward silence.

Katherine trying to make everyone feel as welcome as she could responded," Hello Darkrai, I am Katherine Thornse. You can call me Ho-oh if you want." She smiled and laughed a little as she spoke.

Over time all sorts of people joined the cluster of Al'ci. It was as if they were an amoeba constantly growing and reproducing in stature. Katherine observed the crowd as the others around her articulated their stories and feelings. Out of all the people who enclosed the group around her there was one thing that stood out. A lot of these people were not exactly normal. In fact, Katherine felt as though she and a few others were the only ones who would be able to blend in a normal community. Three boys in the group looked very feminine while one was actaully attired in female clothing. There was the girl with blue hair; she would hardly have fit in at Katherine's old school. The trainer with the munchlax had a very uneasy aura around her. However, the weirdest thing of all was probably the boy in the background doing a very bad recon job. It was obviously he was either nervous of meeting everyone or trying to do some spying.

Twenty minutes into Katherine's journey a man finally spoke up. "I would like to welcome and thank all of you for coming. As many of you have heard your task is vital to the survival of this world. However, we understand that you are all just teenagers. Like every other teen in existence, we want you all to experience fun, joy, stress, and love."

Katherine couldn't believe what she was hearing. Is he playing? Why is his tone... why is it so... not serious? Her thoughts revealed her feelings. Ever since she had discovered the reason for her mark... for her existence, she had felt so much pressure. The world had turned gray; everything felt unreal and unimportant. But this man's speech it brought some hope and fun back to her breathe.

The man continued his speech, but this time with more information then motivation. "There are two groups of Al'ci. Whoever is here are the Al'ci who have been identified. We have grouped you guys together to give you a sense of regularity into your lifestyle as well as protect each other. Together we believe you will be able to carry each other to victory. We will check on you several times throughout your journey. Enjoy your pokemon journey." The man was grinning.

Is that it? All we have to do is be like everyone else? That doesn't sound too bad. Katherine's jubilation was anything but contained. This was the first time she had felt warmth and happiness in a very long time. The thought of doing something normal, even if it would only last for a limited time sounded appetizing.

"You guys are free to do whatever you want now. We suggest picking up any needed items at the local mart and then leaving. Good luck and see you soon." The balding man stepped out of the spotlight and along with the rest of the leaders exited from the town. An epidemic of confusion spread itself through the group of teenagers. Everyone looking at everyone else seeing what to next. Without much thought Katherine moved out form the cluster and glanced towards the two people she first met. Hoping they would follow she waited to see if she could establish much needed friendship.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back