• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alternate Catch Method (Safari Mod)

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2014
    I am looking for a way to change how I catch pokemon. Essentially, I have run into a problem with how we wanted to do a Safari Zone-style system.

We currently have it that rather than using a pokeball to catch the pokemon, you try to befriend it by throwing food, calling its name and petting it (the latter-most being used to catch it).

Therein lies the problem, as I am unable to find where capture procedures are located in the script, and going into the script line, "PokemonBalls" just brings me to capture rates rather than the actual procedures to record a capture.

Does anyone know where those methods are and whether they can be called directly, rather than through the proxy of "PokemonBalls"?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2020
    Here, the thing goes as far as crashing when entering a battle on Safari.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I've searched the scripts for keyword "throw" and here's a method I found.

In script PokeBattle_Battle, line 124, method pbThrowPokeBall seems to be primarily responsible
    for capturing. Study it and see if you're able to change it to suit your needs. Preferably, copy it
    over to a new method that will be your custom capture method, that will incorporate desired
    mechanics that increase the likelihood of a capture, such as; throwing food, calling its name, etc.

Back