• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alternative Energy

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Hydrogen was once very good air travel alternative until the disaster with the air blimp that bursted into flames (I forgot the name of the ship)...but maybe we can still make it work :)
    Plus Air power on a air plane would be quite practical...I mean it's already flying threw the air, so why no use of that energy to power the air plane while on the air :)

Years
  • Hydrogen was once very good air travel alternative until the disaster with the air blimp that bursted into flames (I forgot the name of the ship)...but maybe we can still make it work :)
    Plus Air power on a air plane would be quite practical...I mean it's already flying threw the air, so why no use of that energy to power the air plane while on the air :)

The Hindenburg, yes.

The only problem would be coughing up for that R&D. Taxpayers here in the US have enough trouble trying to getpay for decent roads, let alone new forms of Air travel. Which is why it's best left to Private contractors or secret Government projects, methinks.

Last edited:

Years

• The Hindenburg, yes.

The only problem would be coughing up for that R&D. Taxpayers here in the US have enough trouble trying to get decent roads, let alone new forms of Air travel. Which is why it's best left to Private contractors or secret Government projects, methinks.
    Wait doesn't the Us still use Taxpayer money for Secret projects?! So only the private sector can do it...I sure hope get smart they do so :)

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • From what I've heard, recycling is less efficient than using new materials, using more energy to do the same thing, and thus is more polluting.

Actually, that's 100% correct. On average, recycling anything but plastic is far less beneficial than people are led to believe. Not saying that we shouldn't, just that it shouldn't be part of the whole environmental movement.

As far as alternative energy goes... I'm a big advocate of nuclear energy. It's clean, efficient, and (believe it or not) very safe. Having to stick a pot of radioactive waste in a giant mountain in the middle of nowhere is nothing compared to air pollution that fossil fuel produces. Sure, there are cleaner forms of energy (solar is probably the most promising of these), but when you're adding economics and efficiency into the equation, nuclear is truly the way to go. I don't really know why it has become so demonized in the past few decades.

Solar power is my ideal form. I mean, come on people, that thing in the sky you sunbathe in... it's one humongous ball of energy! And it's not going anywhere for quite a few years (like, millions, I think?). I always thought big business and Republicans look for ways to get something for free... well, solar power is as close to "something for nothing" as you can get in the energy field.

I think the issue here is that pro-fossil fuel people say "we can't survive on solar power or [insert any alternative here] alone", but they don't consider utilizing all of them. Between solar, wind, hydroelectricity, et al, there is truly enough energy to go around.

Years
  • I think that we should use a mix of Solar, fossil fuel, Nuclear, Hydroelectric, Thermal, Wind, Wave, etc. with that mix we should be able to survive on not just 2 but multiple energy sources :)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I think nuclear is the way to go. It generates way more power than wind, solar, and hydroelectric. The chances of a nuclear meltdown are extremely slim when it's properly regulated. Also, we can eventually harness nuclear fusion over nuclear fission. Nuclear fusion can possibly generate massive amounts of energy, and it doesn't leave behind radioactive waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDAZsPkTkMM

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think nuclear is the way to go. It generates way more power than wind, solar, and hydroelectric. The chances of a nuclear meltdown are extremely slime when it's properly regulated. Also, we can eventually harness nuclear fushion over nuclear fission. Nuclear fushion can possibly generate massive amounts of energy, and it doesn't leave behind radioactive waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDAZsPkTkMM

I agree as well.

As for the Tritium mentioned in the video, I would imagine since it has to be synthesized, it would certainly carry a hefty price tag to do so, which may or may not be as practical as fission.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018

I agree as well.

As for the Tritium mentioned in the video, I would imagine since it has to be synthesized, it would certainly carry a hefty price tag to do so, which may or may not beor as practical as fission.

That's why nuclear fusion is still a few decades away. By that time, technology should advance to a point where fusion will be economically possible.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • That's why nuclear fusion is still a few decades away. By that time, technology should advance to a point where fusion will be economically possible.

Fusion tends to be a bit more difficult to accomplish than fission (and, as has been mentioned, more expensive).

Now, if we could figure out cold fusion, then we'd be gettin' somewhere!

And the Nobel Prize in Physics/Chemistry goes to... ;)

Back