• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alternative title screen with a gameswitch

yonicstudios

Game Developer
Years
  • Let's say that I have two versions of a title screen. One of them will be loaded by default, and whenever a game switch is on, the other is loaded instead.

But as far as I know, there is no way to get the switches list of the savefile from the game title or the load menu. Is there a way to access the switches and variables from a savefile without loading the save?

Last edited:

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • I had to switch tileset for the same map before. I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for but I used this piece of code that i put above Main and below Complier:

Code:
    #===============================================================================
    # ** Game_Map
    #===============================================================================

class Game_Map
      #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Public Instance Variables
      attr_accessor :change_tileset
      # * Alias Listings
      alias_method  :changetileset_gmmap_setup, :setup
      # * Setup
      def setup(map_id)
        @new_tileset = false
        changetileset_gmmap_setup(map_id)
      end
      # * Change Tileset
      def tileset=(new_tileset)
        tileset = $data_tilesets[new_tileset]
        @tileset_name = tileset.tileset_name
        @autotile_names = tileset.autotile_names
        @panorama_name = tileset.panorama_name
        @panorama_hue = tileset.panorama_hue
        @fog_name = tileset.fog_name
        @fog_hue = tileset.fog_hue
        @fog_opacity = tileset.fog_opacity
        @fog_blend_type = tileset.fog_blend_type
        @fog_zoom = tileset.fog_zoom
        @fog_sx = tileset.fog_sx
        @fog_sy = tileset.fog_sy
        @battleback_name = tileset.battleback_name
        @passages = tileset.passages
        @priorities = tileset.priorities
        @terrain_tags = tileset.terrain_tags
        @change_tileset = true
      end
    end

# ** Spriteset_Map

class Spriteset_Map
      # * Alias Listings
      alias_method :changetileset_ssmap_update, :update
      # * Update
      def update
        if $game_map.change_tileset
          @tilemap.tileset = RPG::Cache.tileset($game_map.tileset_name)
          @tilemap.priorities = $game_map.priorities
          for i in 0..6
            autotile = $game_map.autotile_names[i]
            @tilemap.autotiles[i] = RPG::Cache.autotile(autotile)
          end
          $game_map.change_tileset = false
        end
        changetileset_ssmap_update
      end
    end

Call with this script: $game_map.tileset = AB

Back