• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alyssa's Prep-Manga Art

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    I won't be creating any more topics intil I made my first manga...

anyways, I need to brush up on some art skills and improve before moving on. Looking at some art, episodes, and etc and then draw it. ^_^ (not copying, though)

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
    Years
    I use Flash MX, a comerical program for easier drawing. (because I have bad control in paint, photoshop, and Oeakwhatever it's called. =p

It can be used for easy drawing and also flash animations (which I didn't attempt to try)

https://macromedia.com

but the program is very pricy..... though. ~_~

Tips:
    1. Use a optical mouse, not a touch pad or a mouse pointer (on some laptops). Don't use a regular mouse unless you are talented.
    2. Use smooth lines when drawing with pencil in Flash
    3. Try to use the line segment and transform tool to save time.
    4. Don't rush!
    5. Look at some Animes, Art work (just don't trace or copy their ideas), and mangas. Be creative and create your own poses or modify something by puting 3 artworks or pictures in your drawing... (without copying and pasting)

Last edited:

Spyder_V

1337 Animator
    Years
    AWESOME!! You use MX Flash too! Flash is the best drawing tool ever created (in my opinion). I make my animations (sig) on there. I've drawn a couple of pics with Flash also, but for drawing, I'd rather use Photoshop. Just for the blurs and stuff. Anyways, the sketch is looking great! I'll definitely keep checking on here!

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
    Wow It's looking awesome so far, You improved so much Great Job , it's going to be really Cool when done :)

Spyder_V

1337 Animator
    Years
    Really nice! Just erase her right jaw a bit. Just the outside, it's a bit awkward....akward....oukuard....meh Really nice so far :P

Zapchu

Da' Evolution Chu
    Years
    It looks nice so far! ^_^ I like the colored in version, the face looks cute, but the body proportions are a bit off...but I'm sure you can fix that in your later drawings as you improve in style.

Back