• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Am I Crazy?

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    Ok, I got the idea of trying to get a shiny Torchic. After about 500 soft resets with no shinies, I decided to settle on a Hasty natured one. After I got one, I decided to try and EV Train it in-game. Sound crazy? It might be.

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    I haven't been one to try to get shinies, much less shiny starters. But there's nothing wrong with EV training, it's just hard to do until after you finish the game, because if you fight all the trainers, that Torchic of yours is gonna be an EV mutt :p

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Yer Shiny Starters are just that hard to get,
    and honestly aren't worth it.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    After about fifty or so restarts for a shiny Treeko, I gave up.

I heard they are even harder with the eggs.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Not crazy at all. That is the only way I play the game. Only fight wild Pokemon that give you the proper EV points and run away from the rest. You have to use a few berries to remove the EVs you get from battling trainers, but that is really unavoidable.

Soft-resetting for a shiny is stupid, in my opinion. If I am going to soft-reset my starter, it is going to be to get it perfect IVs in a couple stats. That at least makes a difference in the game.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Ok, I got the idea of trying to get a shiny Torchic. After about 500 soft resets with no shinies, I decided to settle on a Hasty natured one. After I got one, I decided to try and EV Train it in-game. Sound crazy? It might be.

You're not crazy. You're just very obsessed.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    "Hiya Friends! Well good luck with a Torchic I love them and Combusken and don't get me started BLAZIKEN they are my FAVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVORITE POKEMON!!! BUt on topic now: your not crazy training a torchic...they are powerful..

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years

Shineys are less likely than 1/1000... so after 500 tries you only have a 50/50 chance... so I'm not surprised.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The odds of a shiny are 1/8192 and will always be 1/8192 regardless if you have reset 500 times or not. There is no guarantee that you will get a shiny by resetting 8192 times. That is what a complete waste of time it is. You have a Pokemon of a different color. Whoop-dee-freakin-doo. Getting a Bagon with max IVs and max power HP Flying, now THAT is impressive!

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Color's nothing. Shiny pokemon are just trophies for your luck. The real thing is the stats are EV's and IV's of your team. And judging my your act, you seemed somewhat obsessed.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    I am the crazy one i want the 9 3rd gen game starters shiny im on torchic and done 4000 soft resets lol i think my emerald is unlucky on my leaf green i have done 320 resets for charmander so you are not crazy i am

Back