• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Am I the only one who thinks Darkrai is cheap?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Aww, that video was fun. Porygon2's animation was cuuute. :3

(3:07) Darkrai cried when it was defeated. Poor thing.

I don't find Darkrai cheap. Whether it is or not depends on how its Trainer uses it.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    I don't like Darkrai, even though I don't have it.

It's ugly, hate its cry, and it's moveset... *shudder*

You're not the only one.

Insane85

Bored
    Years
    Nothing is "cheap", Darkrai has been acknowledged as too powerful and is uber, that's all there is to it.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I didn't know you can pay for a Darkrai, how cheap is he xD

Hmm... I dislike'd Darkrai too, inducing sleeps then start attacking.
    I personally dislike using him, 'nough said.

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I don't think Darkai is cheap. It can be used for more than Dark Void spamming. I've got a physical attacking Darkrai and a special sweeper.

I think it's just the people that use it.

Pokemafia

*GASPS!* You DARE offed my right hand Pokemon!!! Darkrai is NOT CHEAP! He is a brilliant Special Attacker and one the most annoying Pokemon to battle.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    Darkrai cheap? Bah, no. Darkrai isn't cheap, he is powerful but not cheap. He can be easily countered by Vital Spirit Primeape, and his pretty weak defense doesn't help him either. So, I would call him a Glass Cannon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    YES ITS CHEAP

try playing some pbr doubles,they dont care bout sleep clause they just sleep everyone not even vital spirit primeape helps as they normally pair with mewtwo

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2010
    i think legendaries are supposed to be stronger than normal pokes which is why i dont like legendaries... darkrai isnt cheap just because he has good moves.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Insomnia beats Darkrai :P

Or, you could always use Sleep Talk.... lol.

There are different ways to combat Darkrai, its just a legendary.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
    It's all just strategy. I mean. Hypnosis doesn't exactly have the best accuracy of any attack in the game, and nor does Thunder (which you also mentioned he taught it). Darkrai's no more cheap than any other sort of strategy. I once double battled a person whose entire team consisted of using protect, while their other used explosion or self-destruct. I considered that cheap, but it was still a strategy that I never had considered.

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    The only instance I can think of Darkrai being cheap is someone using it during an informal OU/UU battle. If you don't like it, don't play Ubers or learn some strategy. It's that simple.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I have two of them, and both are going to be put up for trade. Thanks darkrai, for being on my pokedex :X

Back