• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

American Idiot vs Hot Fuss

Greenday or The Killers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Cool music poll! =D I'm finally gonna buy a CD, but I'm not sure what to get =/

Greenday- I really like their singing, listened to American Idiot and Jesus of Suburbia and liked them both.

The Killers- I've liked Somebody Told Me, Smile Like You Mean It, and Mr. Brightside...

So now I'm just debating which one I should get ^^; Any thoughts on the two albums or advice?

~Thanks!

Years
  • *IMPORTANT*

Knowing the people in these forums, the moment I see any bashing, flaming, insulting or biased comments, I will close this thread.

Anyway,

You would want to listen to American Idiot and not for the hype of it, but just for appreciating what a band can do and how they can make a great concept album and how they can make it successful. I liked it because it made me think a lot, especially figuring out the plot. Otherwise, it's like a book.

Hot Fuss is somethimg you would listen to if you want to listen to something new or for appreciating a fresh new sound amidst the bands that sound alike nowadays. And good lyrics, motifs, and themes.

In fact, I reccomend both. Just don't overlisten to them.

But seriously, dude. I don't see how a poll is necessary, or why would you compare Green Day with The Killers. It's like trying to compare a violin from a flute.

Last edited:

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • At first I liked American Idiot better, but when I heard All These Things That I've Done By The Killers (Listen to it, Paul!), I decided I like Hot Fuss better.

Years
  • Trikip said:
    At first I liked American Idiot better, but when I heard All These Things That I've Done By The Killers (Listen to it, Paul!), I decided I like Hot Fuss better.
    Don't forget "Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine" ... has one of the best bass lines I've ever heard in my entire life.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Wee The Killers, I like how they sound different from a lot of bands these days, good messages too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Sorry Oni, I didn't want to compare completely different things, it's just that I dunno which one to buy.

Because I only have money for one with Animal Cross: WW coming out =X

Years
  • Katsuro said:
    Sorry Oni, I didn't want to compare completely different things, it's just that I dunno which one to buy.

Because I only have money for one with Animal Cross: WW coming out =X
    It's okay... it's just bizzare to compare them.

But yeah... I know Green Day fans would recommend Green Day... but sometimes can't explain why (lest, they use the word "awesome")... but here's why you should go for Hot Fuss:

I would go for The Killers for sounding so unique, and I love albums with a dominant theme and motif (name motif for the album). Oh, not to mention murder songs. I love murder songs (Watch out for the "Murder Trilogy" in the album. There are two songs in the album that fit together and the first part of the story, "Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf", isn't relseased yet). Oh, yeah... the Limited Edition of Hot Fuss has two songs added to it. One of which is my favorite song next to Mr. Brightside and Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine. Under the Gun = Awesome.

But the overall factor to why one would like Hot Fuss: Brandon Flowers' singing. When people sing songs, they place emotions in the song. But when Brandon Flowers sings, he puts emotions AND the mood. His singing is different from every song, from "Jenny", to "Andy, You're A Star", to "Everything Will Be Alright". It's quite amazing how he can easily sing and throw in a visual picture of the singer. For example: "Brightside"'s singing gives you a picture of a tormented person who is in the pangs of jealousy and mental vouyerism. You can feel and imagine his desperation to get that image off his mind when he sings: "But it's just the price I pay/ Destiny is calling me/ Open up my eager eyes." And you can sense the anxiety and tensions in "Jenny" and Brandon Flowers really knows how to portray as if he was actually being interrogated, as told in the song. And the ambiguity of "Andy, You're A Star" is just so vividly portrayed and just hands down, you know what's happening between the two persons in the song without reading the lyrics. And as you listen along through the whole album, it's like a happy little trip while you go through "Belive Me, Natalie", and heading for "Midnight Show", one of the hidden jewels of the album.

And yeah... I'll stop ranting now... XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Well, you've convinced me to get Hot Fuss =P

I've already really liked the the singing and the beat usually [weird...but that Somebody Told Me intro rocks~]

And thanks for that XD It's nice to know that they album has a lot of good songs~

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    i say the killer are much better, but i have the green day albulm on my playlist, killers get boring after awhile, but so d green day = /
    edit: my bro put the albulm i have it XD

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Does it have to be one of those albums? I would much rather get Guns N' Roses' Greatest Hits or Metallica's Ride The Lightning or Black Album.

The Killers sounds pretty 80's, to me. So that's a big plus. But I would have to say Green Day, only for their older albums. American Idiot is sh*t, compared to their other albums.

Dignity

[~As I lay dying~]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    Oh dear. =P I suggest Hot Fuss, boy. It's very unique, and it's also very new wave. Anywho, American Idiot is way overrated. X3 Hot Fuss = hawt.

IvySaur

I'd really suggest Hot Fuss. I can listen to that album over, and over, and over and never get bored. Under The Gun is my favorite song.

I'll admit it, I got into Green Day with American Idiot, sheep that I am. I over listened to it and I'm just really sick of it now, I wish the Green Day hype would die down, it's just way too much for me.

If you don't like either, I'd suggest Hopes and Fears by Keane. It's a new take on piano music, although I've been told that some of the piano riffs sound the same. I adore Tom Chaplin's singing voice, though, and the lyrics are very deep and close to home in my own opinion.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • greenday is overrated and nothing more than a mere pop band nowadays... Their old tunes were good, but they lost their essence of punkness and have turned into anti americanish pop diva's

go killers =D

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
  • What in God's name...
    O_o

A couple things:

1. Please, PLEASE do not compare Green Day with The Killers. It's not a comparible thing.
    2. Green Day is 2 words.

Secondly, I obviously picked Green Day. Not only because they are my favorite band, also because I personally think The Killers are going to blow over very soon as it is.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Eliana said:
    What in God's name...
    O_o

A couple things:

1. Please, PLEASE do not compare Green Day with The Killers. It's not a comparible thing.
    2. Green Day is 2 words.

Secondly, I obviously picked Green Day. Not only because they are my favorite band, also because I personally think The Killers are going to blow over very soon as it is.

Yes your right. Green Day is nothing but a Pop Band that likes to wear makeup. They are posers, not true emo's and they should just go make a record with Justin Timberlake.

It is just another boy band in disguise like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan

Night-Kun

Ze Punkrocker iz backorz!!
    Years
  • Master Blaze said:
    Yes your right. Green Day is nothing but a Pop Band that likes to wear makeup. They are posers, not true emo's and they should just go make a record with Justin Timberlake.

It is just another boy band in disguise like Good Charlotte and Simple Plan
    You mean The Killers right? (Indicated by the bold above) 'Cause there's no way Green Day could be classified as pop.. They aren't posers and they should not go make a record with that wannabe Justin Timberlake.. Green Day is pure PUNK ROCK... No one with eight albums out could not pwn over all...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back