• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An attemt at a tileset

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    ok i fixed the prob now here are the new mansion big and small
    An attemt at a tileset

An attemt at a tileset

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Hey you new building is pretty nice. The only thing that bugs me is how you used purple to shade the bottom part of the building(not the windows windows are fine) Thats the only thing that bugs me. The doors still a little small. But its getting better. But anyway use a dark blue not a purple to shade the building(not the windows though) Any way this is I'd say your best one. Keep up the good work.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
    ...Yet, I find the windows too bright and the colors too saturated.

Lack of antialiasing also dumbs this down, as well as all the black lines.

The roof may need some stairways, or perhaps a door to lead down to the inside of the building from up top, or there would be no point to that "H" on it.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    hey i got a new one this one ain't that good

An attemt at a tileset

Waaaaaaaaaaaay to dark. There Isn't much shading on the lightest part. My suggestions new pallet more shading. the door doesn't have any ether?! Wait the entire house has no shading. Except the roof. Try looking for a shading tutorial.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    ok i think its been quite a long time since ive made anythin so here is a couple of work ive been doing

An attemt at a tileset

An attemt at a tileset

An attemt at a tileset

An attemt at a tileset

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
    Ok im kinda liking what you've done but i feel like its like half gamboy color and half gameboy advance, so i would reccomend taking a pallete from a game or one that has the ones you like most and try to stick kinda close to it. Also your shading could use a bit more work other wise i think you have done good, Keep up the good work and learning!

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    well sum of the tiles are made just for fun and well the GBC tiles were actually me trying to make GBC tiles

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
    I know but you dont want to get to used to making gbc tiles(lol jk you might want to but just saying) and what i was saying is they seemed like a cross between new and old types of tiles(like good shading decent pallets combined with almost no detailed shading and very limited palletes, kinda like ruby&saphirre mixed with silver&gold, its a little disconserting IMO, I think you do really have talent but you should spend good quality time at it with an example like go figure out what kinda tiles you want to do, GBC? GBA? DS? then study the techniques that the artists used take the colors and not every thing needs to be from scratch like start out with the shape, base, pattern of what you want that already exists and then just make it your own thing till you get used to the style of how things are...I really do believe you could be a great tiler in your future you just need to decide what you want to go with and stick to it and study the techniques used, i think you will be shocked by the results of what comes out and your artistic talents will be greatly enhanced

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    hey ok i did not read the whole lecture only some of it so i wanna say just chill out i made the GBC styles for fun my game will only have the good ones i wanna be good in alll styles tht is why i tried and dont ever make me read a big thing like tht again my tounge hurts

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
    -_- you should of read the whole thing i like compliment you and what not and offer the some of the best techniques people used to get good at tile-ing quickly lol and sorry if i seemed offensive im just trying to be really supportive, cause i think you could greatly benefit from what i had said and my art isnt on this site(its rather secretive info and what not) but i promise im pretty good at it, so im not just harrassing you

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    ok i get wht your comming at i willtry to improve but i will keep makin old style stuff too

ok and show me your art some time by your words you sound like quite the artist

Last edited:

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
    Im not the best, and here is what im willing to share and its not my best stuff but that stuff stays secret for now all of its from scratch (REMOVED*)
    and i personally like your old stuff but i was just saying it felt like alittle to much of a combo is all and Good Job with your art and thank you for listening to my stupid constant ramblings lol :)

Last edited:

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    nice stuff you are quite good are you already spriting for any game cause with tht skill i woulld hire you oday

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
    Years
    and thanks i am working on my game but got kinda bored with it hey ill help you i can do some scripting and alot of other thing my main talent is puzzle events in RMXP i can make the best like little puzzle things ^^

EDIT: Wow.. that came out all messed up, I was working on my game but i dont have a schedule and to be honest i get bored so I would love to help you I am accustomed to RMXP and can do alittle scripting among other things, but my main talent is making puzzle like events and things of that sort

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    ok do you have an email acount so we can chat because this chatting is filling my thread

Back