• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anastasia's GALLERY

Years
  • This thing needed an update. =x I'm currently learning photography, but not digital. I'm using film, and learning to take photos and develop them in Black and white. So. Much. Fun. I love making prints. <33

Anyway, I can't show you my prints until it's shown in the Saturday studio gallery in MassArt. ^..^; Once I can take them, I'll be able to scan them or something to show here!

To update, I wanted to try out my digital camera I have. The photo's were resized, by the way. I wanted to maybe edit them to make the colors Black and white, but I wanted to see some comments and views towards these photos.
    Spoiler:

.tied.
    Spoiler:

.flower.​

I couldn't come up with a creative title for that last one. xD So, guys, what do you all think? I don't have a lot of vocabulary or experience with photography, but that's why I'm learning! =P

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I adore your Grovyle and Sableye banners. The blending and mixture of colors is superb, especially to be created in GIMP. You have a very simplistic style - but I love simplicity and find when things are too cluttered they lose emphasis on the subject, so I would keep going in that direction. If you ever get your hands on Photoshop, I would love to see what you could create with it, since it has so many more options. You have talent, don't stop making graphics.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Commenting on your latest update, because I love them.

You captured a perfect focus on Tied. It would have been better if the left side of the vine hadn't been blurred, but overall, it's still a great image. The rope adds a lot of effect and perspective to the photograph - more so with its twist. The way it blurs gently as it moves onward was perfect. You took a nice shot with this one.

Flower is pure beauty. The lighting was spot on; both on and off the flower. I also like the effect the light gave through the petals. That's what caught my attention the most. Like the first, the focus was also well done here.

You have the gift for photography, so looking forward to more of them.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    You're taking up photography now? Ana, you are amazing, you know that? I. Love. You. <3

The photography looks beautiful, like everything else you make. :) Keep it up~

parkwater

Getting serious about battling
    Years
    • tn
    • Seen Nov 21, 2013
    wow i really really like the pokemon ones there butt kicking awsome lol

Years

• Spoiler:

.tied.
    Spoiler:

.flower.​

.green
    Spoiler:

Can't believe I didn't see your photography before! :O
    Critiquing time!

First picture
    Interesting picture, however, the focus, for me, is out. The right hand side of the twig is out of focus. With a bit of manual focus, you could have made that more focused and look like the center of attention.

Second picture
    I can't really fault this picture. I do love it. I guess the only thing I could really say to you to improve on, is it is a little grainy. If you reduced your ISO to about 200-300, then you would have been able to make it crisper.

Third picture
    Much like the first picture, it is a little out of focus and I am not sure what is suppose to be the main focus of the picture :/

Nice pictures, I would like to see some more photography from you. Maybe get to know your camera a little more? That would help you get those manual settings better.

ChariChu

~ take a drink from my hands
    Years
  • The photograph of the flower is breathtaking - I too love the effect of the light filtering through the petals. Stunning!

I am also loving that you have a Percy Jackson banner. Logan Lerman, oh my. xD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • New Icon:
    Pretty sexy considering it went from nearly black and white. There are a few irks though. First of all, the lighting, in my opinion is too overpowering. The light source there definitely works, but tone it down a few notches. Also, the bottom left corner seemed to stay in black and white? It just looks weird because the hand is split into half black and white, half colour. Don't know what happened there, but it looks weird. xP

Anyways, fantastic icon and colours especially coming from the original stock.

Years
  • New Icon:
    Pretty sexy considering it went from nearly black and white. There are a few irks though. First of all, the lighting, in my opinion is too overpowering. The light source there definitely works, but tone it down a few notches. Also, the bottom left corner seemed to stay in black and white? It just looks weird because the hand is split into half black and white, half colour. Don't know what happened there, but it looks weird. xP

Anyways, fantastic icon and colours especially coming from the original stock.

YAY, THANKS MOMENTS <3

Well, thanks, it looked really weird when I made it, so I added another layer over it. I'll delete it. =x Hmm ... The left corner thing was weird. o..O The stock look B/W colors, but when I changed it a little, the hand always seemed to have a bit of black and white ... That's weird... -..-;

Thanks anyway for the comment!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Ana, your graphics and photography are simply amazing. Oh how I wish I could still yours, as well as many others', skills... while they still had them of course. Does that make sense?

Either way, beautiful work, as always. Keep it up~ ;)

Years
  • SO, here's the deal, I was trying out a few tutorials on icons, like coloring and texture and one on text. =o ALSO, THERE'S AN ICON FOR NAMELESS. ! <33333333

anastasia's GALLERY
    anastasia's GALLERY
    anastasia's GALLERY

anastasia's GALLERY
    anastasia's GALLERY
    anastasia's GALLERY

Gift:
    anastasia's GALLERY

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Great icons, Ana! I love your colorization, and your effects are pretty good too.

The first three are definitely my favorites. Especially the effects used in the icons on the ends fit perfectly. :o The red glow by "Kid" on the Kid Cudi icon kind of takes away the focus on him, but only slightly.

anastasia's GALLERY

Something bothers me about this icon however. Their faces are not as noticeable as it should be, imo. I know sharpening won't do any good, because I've tried to do so with an icon I made myself that came out with results similar to this one, though I'm not entirely sure. Otherwise, the coloring is pretty good. :)

Keep up the good work!

Nameless.

I really adore your work Ana, I always have. <3
    Your Pokemon tags are absolutely delicious. The flow, the text, the colors, the balance with sharpening, lighting and everything. It's all amazing to me.

I won't crit cause I'm lazy right now, but I think I'm just a bit more blown away by your tags than your icons. xD;

anastasia's GALLERY

Awww, you silly gurl. <3 I love it! Very shiny Taaja-rific. :3

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • anastasia's GALLERY

This one. While the colours are not perfect for an icon, the fact that the canvas is not just, position an image and colour adjustments makes it really stand out. The angled main canvas, and the 2 smaller ones is a really nice effect, and mixing up icons is difficult, but I believe you did it wonderfully here.

Try more unique icons like that and if you can use some of those techniques in all the icons you do, you will be seriously like the best. Try borders, and obscure focal placement and stuff like that.

Years
  • @Kaori - Thanks <3 Yeah, I was kinda upset about it. I really tried to make a cool, coloring experiment, and it was either too dark, I couldn't see something, it was too bright. XD So, yeah, I can see that you're not really able to see the face that much. Thanks pointing it out, I'll watch for faces like that. XD

@Nameless. - Thanks! =D I HOPE YOU LIKED THAT ICON! I'll also get that banner for you, since I REALLY needed to work on my banners skills~

@Twilight Sky - Really? What was it? I'm just curious now. xD Also, thanks, I liked that one as well. ^..^

@moments. - YO. Thanks! I was following a tutorial about coloring, and it looked boring, so I experiment with textures and resizing the main icon. ^..^;
    Thanks, I'll totally keep that in mind. =] Obviously, I'm gonna go an experiment more with borders, angles, and placements. XD I thought that icon wouldn't really be liked, but I was wrong. ^..^;;

Anyway, thanks everyone for lovely crits and comments! I shall go make some more work now.~

Back