• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anicient Pokemon Face Off!

Which is Your Favorite Fossil Pokemon?

• Omanite

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Omastar

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Kabuto

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Kabutops

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Aerodactyl

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Lileep

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Cradily

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Anorith

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Armaldo

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • None

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • All

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • I dont know

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I think Aerodactyl is so completely awesome. :3 I'm a really big dinosaur freak, so that's part of it. XD But I also always liked having a big, strong Aerodactyl on my team in my Crystal and Silver versions. >=3

~Kelsey

Years
    Oh I love the Fossil Pokes. I want to do an analysis on each and I believe I shall, although my mind is distracted at the moment.

I'll say Omastar, inspired by the real life extinct Nautilus with the physical and special defense beyond the roof, it can take the hits and keep on coming with its speciality: special attacks.

That and owned by the Rockets, what's not to love?

Mutters that his mind is too distracted to analyze and waiting for Alter Ego to post.

Random Plushie

Yes, it is a sheep
    Years
    *awaits the long Cradily-based post from Alter* XD

Anyways, I voted for Omastar. ^^

I happen to think that Omastar ish very cute, and was one of me earliest Pokes. Just like Dark Weezing mentioned, its defenses are very high and can be quite useful when put to good use. ^^

...Yeah, and I voted Cradily, too.. I hang around Alter too much.. o_O

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    I voted for Kabutops, Aerodactyl and Cradily.. They just pwn...

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Whoa, I'm holding up a mod. O_O Better post, eh? XD

Let's see...my absolute favourite fossil pok?mon...need you ask? Cradily of course. *Huggles Cradily* Not only is it the most adorable little bugger of the lot (Come on, it's carnivorous, it's green, and it's got that lovably hungry smile on it all the time XD) but it would also pwn any other fossil pok?mon in a one-on-one;

Cradily vs Kabutops

Kabutops is completely Giga Drain pwned. Also, if it's a physical attacker then Cradily can completely swamp it with Barrier, if it's a spec. attacker the Mirror Coat combined with Cradily's high Sp.Def will give it a fast and painfull end.

Cradily vs Omastar

See above. It might take longer to take down Omastar, but I'm afraid that there's very little the poor thing can do against a triple-Amnesia Cradily. Giga Drain and Earthquake would drop it eventually, another option being hitting the Omastar with Toxic and then stalling it out with Recover and Amnesia.

Cradily vs Armaldo

Rock Slide pwned. The strongest super effective attack that Armaldo can muster against Cradily is Hidden Power [Bug], assuming it has maximum IVs. But once again, Toxic, a triple Barrier, and Recover stalling would KO the opposition.

Cradily vs Aerodactyl

Triple Barrier and Toxistalling all the way, possibly with a few Rock Slides for good measure. A CB Aerodactyl could provide some trouble, but a properly fortified Cradily should be able to shrug the damage off. This one is perhaps the greatest treath but by no means unbeatable.

Yup, Cradily pwns, although it's movepool is a tad limited in certain areas. During my unenlightened days, I ran into one in NetBattle that massacred my whole team, I'm not making the mistake of underestimating it twice. No I'm not. Plus, it's my favourite! *Huggles Cradily again*

But since I don't feel like being too unfair, I'll point out the pros of the others too, because they're all tough;

Armaldo

High Defense and Attack stats and a fairly average HP. Despite it's Steel/Rock weakness Armaldo isn't a half bad physical tank, the best approach is probably to concentrate the EVs and nature on its Defense and HP and then give it Swords Dance to boost up its damaging potential. Armaldo also enjoys a somewhat better movepool than Cradily and the ability to learn moves like Rock Blast and Brick Break should by no means be underestimated. Plus, it can also learn Rapid Spin to take care of any nasty Leech Seeds or Spikes heading your way. It's rather vulnerable against special attackers though, especially with its low Speed and Water weakness, so I don't use Armaldo too much myself. It's not a half-bad pok?mon though.

Aerodactyl

Pwhee for the most overused fossil pok?mon in existence! Aerodactyl has very high Attack and Speed stats that have made it one of the most common physical sweepers in Netbattle. Since its defenses and HP aren't that great, the prefered fighting method with Aerodactyl is strike fast, strike hard and they quite often carry Choice Bands, with EVs and nature geared towards Attack and Speed. The ability to learn both Earthquake and Rock Slide gives this flying type a considerable advantage towards the type's classical weaknesses; Electricity and Ice. Certainly a tough pok?mon by any measure, and by far the most popular.

Omastar

Quite badly overshadowed by Aerodactyl, but a fairly common choice for UU teams. Omastar's statline is very heavily based on Defense and Sp.Attack, making it a good counter against physical sweepers. Unfortunately, its Sp.Defense and HP are mediocre at best, which, combined with its double weakness against Grass and its normal weakness against electricity, make it pretty much a sitting duck against any competent special sweeper. However, Omastar is capable of having the Swift Swim trait, which, activated in combination with the right EVs, can actually make it faster than quite a wide range of other pok?mon, allowing you to take down quite a few opponents, who thought they were faster, by surprise. It is also capable of learning a lovely little move called Spikes, so Omastar is quite a multi-purpose pok?mon; Spiker, Tank, and Sweeper, although it doesn't particularly excell in any field. I think the biggest advantage of Omastar is that your opponent will never be able to be sure which of the approaches you have taken.

Kabutops

Unlike Omastar, Kabutops is geared towards physical attacks, with Attack and Defense being its highest stats. It also has a distinctly offensive statline, with higher Speed but lower defenses and HP than Omastar and is probably best suited to be a physical sweeper. With a quite formidable 70 as base Speed and the right EVs and/or Nature and the Swift Swim trait Kabutops can outspeed a great deal of pok?mon, which, combined with its high Attack, makes it quite lethal in battle, although Aerodactyl performs better in this respect and doesn't need one turn of charge up, which has consequently knocked Kabutops down to being an UU as well. Kabutops' biggest weakness, much like Omastar's, is that it has very poor endurance against special attacks which often gets it KOed quickly in battle. And while it's capable of learning some counter moves towards its weaknesses (Aerial Ace against Grass and Fighting types and Mud Shot against electric types) they don't really have that much power to them and as such, often fail to provide the one-hit KO that Kabutops so desperately needs. One thing that annoys me about this pok?mon is that it learns the whole HP draining set of Grass moves (Absorb, Mega Drain, and Giga Drain) but lacks the Sp.Attack to make anything useful out of it. It is also capable of learning Rapid Spin, but lacks the proper defenses to really act as a Spinner. It's not too bad as pok?mon go, but I'd say it's still the weakest of the lot.

So yeah, I think that's all I have to say for the moment. Since I'm taking this from the perspective of fighting potential I obviously haven't included the first stages of any pok?mon because they learn exactly the same things, just a bit faster. And it's, of course, completely okay to like/love unevolved pok?mon too (Lileep ish kawaii ^^) but that doesn't mean they'll be much good in battle.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
    Niah,great long post their Titan.^^

I voted for -

Omastar.
    Eh,its just cute,and not a pretty bad fighter I must say.Its Defense ish good,yes.

Kabutops.
    Its another one which appeals to me for no reason.Maybe its those blades for arms thingy.

Lileep
    I just like that guy,so cute,yes,it also evolves into Cradily.

Cradily
    Darn you Titan,and your influence.
    But,yeah,its cute,that smile,it doesn't come along everyday on any pokemon you know!Those eyes ain't half bad neither!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Needless to say cradily pwns every other fossil pokemon ^_^ And it's so utterly kawaii too ^_^ I mean, who could resist that huge man-eating plant thingy and that adorable smile? Cradily has everything needed to take down sweepers and is a decent skarm counter too, due to its trait, suction cups. Cradily has a limited movepool, but all its stats (apart from speed) are above average and it can learn moves like rock slide and earthquake, making it an awesome tank, and mirror coat can be used to take down those pesky suicunes and other spec sweepers. Cradily is also and excellent kyogre counter due to its high special defense and hp, making it possible to survive up to two ice beams from a standard kyogre. It can easily stand up against any OU and/or uber pokemon.

Eig

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2008
    Lileep & Cradily, of course! Lileep is cute, has a beautiful Shiny Colour, and evolves into Cradily. Cradily is cute too, and can be trained to be a killing machine (at least my Cradily from Ruby is a killing machine).

Years
    Aerodactyl For Sure, Because For Some Reason It Looks Like A Legendary Fossil Pokemon Not A Commen One, Unfortunatly I Wanted To Pick Armaldo And Kabutops Too But I Messed Up.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Erm... I think... *is sweating from Alter's long Cradily post and everyone voting Cradily* Lileep. And Omanyte, Anorith, and Aerodactyl. Those are my favs. I like Aerodactyl because it's very dinosaur-ish. I like Lileep because it's absolutely adorable! =3 I like Omanyte for the same reasons, plus I have a thing for snails. ^-^ SNAILS ROCK! And lastly, Anorith because those eyes are just too big and cute to say no to.

I'm not the best at comparing stats. Though... I must explain my absence of Cradily. You see, I still don't like it enough to have it be one of my favorites. ^^; Though, I am starting to get a bit fond of the fossil pokemon, and I think if I just draw it I shall like it more. It was kinda cute in the latest pokemon episode. Don't worry though Alter! Your influence is working slowly on me! I used to despise both Lileep and Cradily, and now I'm alright with Cradily and I so wanna catch a Lileep on my Ruby game!

XD I feel like such a traitor!!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Light_Azumarill said:
    Erm... I think... *is sweating from Alter's long Cradily post and everyone voting Cradily* Lileep. And Omanyte, Anorith, and Aerodactyl. Those are my favs. I like Aerodactyl because it's very dinosaur-ish. I like Lileep because it's absolutely adorable! =3 I like Omanyte for the same reasons, plus I have a thing for snails. ^-^ SNAILS ROCK! And lastly, Anorith because those eyes are just too big and cute to say no to.

I'm not the best at comparing stats. Though... I must explain my absence of Cradily. You see, I still don't like it enough to have it be one of my favorites. ^^; Though, I am starting to get a bit fond of the fossil pokemon, and I think if I just draw it I shall like it more. It was kinda cute in the latest pokemon episode. Don't worry though Alter! Your influence is working slowly on me! I used to despise both Lileep and Cradily, and now I'm alright with Cradily and I so wanna catch a Lileep on my Ruby game!

XD I feel like such a traitor!!

Heh, relax Melissa, we aren't going to crucify you for that or anything. Erm...I think...XD Yes, Lileep is cute, as proof of this, I would like to bring out exhibit A (For the benefit of those who haven't bothered to look at it in my siggy):

Anicient Pokemon Face Off!

Come on...total cuteness! XD I would have voted for Lileep and Omastar too, but I clicked the 'Vote' button too soon by accident. >.<

Anyhow, like I said it's okay not to like Cradily yet. You see, pok?mon like Cradily aren't the hyped-up media darlings that are considered cute and lovable by definition, they need time to grow on you, for your taste to refine. But in the end, you won't understand how you didn't realize their cuteness before. ^^

Back