• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal shelter forced to kill 1,000 dogs & cats

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    LAS VEGAS, Nevada (AP) -- An outbreak of contagious diseases at a shelter where officials admit they kept animals for too long without destroying them has forced the killing of about 1,000 dogs and cats, officials said.

So sad... ;_;

Full Story.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Thats awful! The thought that anyone would want to kill so many dogs is beyond me. cats are... eh sorry they died, but that one less to hide behind my couch...

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    HAHAHA! Why is that sad? I think that's funny. Don't even try to say this is spam because I am simply stating my opinion. I don't feel like arguing, so go away, n00bs.

Oh, and don't pull the, "How would you like it if someone killed you?" on me.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Trikip, after that tirade you made on the staff's spelling not too long ago, this just teetered you over into a warning.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    Animal shelter forced to kill 1,000 dogs and cats?
    That goes against the point of the animal shelter.. D:

Eh. =(

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Well, with an outbreak like this you don't really have another choice. I believe shelters are required to cull animals in these cases anyway.

Patrick Bateman

G L O R I A
    Years
    It's terrible that they weren't immunized and how preventable it all was. But since it did happen, far better that they died than forced to rot away with their diseases, possibly even spreading it to non-shelter animals and causing at nationwide catastrophe, right?

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    Trikip, you're calling other people noobs? Please, if you're just going to come in here and laugh at it, then just don't post at all. No one wants to hear it. Especially me.

Anyway, that is really sad. 1000's of cats and dogs? That's horrible. They shouldn't have tried to come up with their own plan... just stick with the guidelines. -sigh-

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    HAHAHA! Why is that sad? I think that's funny. Don't even try to say this is spam because I am simply stating my opinion. I don't feel like arguing, so go away, n00bs.

Oh, and don't pull the, "How would you like it if someone killed you?" on me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! [/sarcastic laughing]

Seriously dude, show some compassion for something other than yourself. All you've done today is made yourself look like the most inconsiderate person I've ever met. Congrats, thats quite a feat considering the people I know.

Anyways, as sad as it is, it was for the best. If there was the potential of a disease that would cause them all suffering, it was something that had to be done. You can't really blame them for doing it.

Last edited:

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    It's terrible that they weren't immunized and how preventable it all was. But since it did happen, far better that they died than forced to rot away with their diseases, possibly even spreading it to non-shelter animals and causing at nationwide catastrophe, right?

Preventable, perhaps... Easy? Not quite.. Immunizing 1000 animals (regardless of species) is tough job. It'll cost the center quite a bit, and I personally believe that the funds can be better used elsewhere. Instead of temporarily solving the problem by just immunizing them and keep them locked in cages, maybe it's better say if they save up for future expansion or other programs that can help the animals directly, rather than prolonging some unfortunate events...

Saddening that it has to be done, but like what Steampunk said... before greater catastrophe happens. Curing and giving all of them treatment is impossible with budget and time, so before the epidemic spreads...

Strange how there's less (not saying there's none) people crying over the chickens killed to stop avian flu, but there's inevitably more people crying over dogs and cats. Animal hierarchy that dogs/cats are over chickens?

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
    True, it was sad, but also necesary. They were put out of micery, wich is better than keeping them alive and suffer.

Neko-Kun

Master of Ghosts.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! [/sarcastic laughing]

Seriously dude, show some compassion for something other than yourself. All you've done today is made yourself look like the most inconsiderate person I've ever met. Congrats, thats quite a feat considering the people I know.

Anyways, as sad as it is, it was for the best. If there was the potential of a disease that would cause them all suffering, it was something that had to be done. You can't really blame them for doing it.

awww go easy on him he is 12 after all. He needs to show everyone that hes big by showing no compassion whatsoever.

im not a fan of cats but still around 1000 died! thats so sad :(, but like said in a previous post better they be killed fast and pianless then have to rot with thier disease...

Years
    OMFG. That's just terrible. ;_; Even though I am quite allergic to cats and dogs, I've always loved them. This is really quite sad to hear, but it was necessary, which makes it even more sadder in a way. Those poor animals. ;o;
    But I agree, better they die quickly then die of their disease.

shido

Blood Sucker
    Years
    hundreds of animals are put to "sleep" everyday in shelters and animal care facilities across the nation everyday and while I love animals I find it more frustrating that it takes a massive Euthanation for it to get anyones attention . If you truely care about your pets get them spayed or nuedered (lol spelled both wrong prolly ) or adopt a pet or volunteer at a shelter or raise funds for one . posting in a forum " I love cats/dogs thats sad" doesnt help so go out and make a diffrence .

Far as Trikip is concerned he is entitled to his opinion however warped it maybe and I really doubt he actualy cares enough to voice such a negative opinion he is just a spammer and in need of attention hence why he dares u to flame him and calls u noobs to further incite a response from you . Just ignore him and eventualy people Like him move on to bug someone else .

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Trikip, you're calling other people noobs? Please, if you're just going to come in here and laugh at it, then just don't post at all. No one wants to hear it. Especially me.

Dude, I'm just stating my opinion. I do not like animals, and that's just the way it is. That's like me saying the same thing about your opinion. Gee, I didn't think I could actually get in trouble on a forum for saying my thoughts. I am very offended.

Oh, a shido, I wouldn't call myself a spammer. Maybe just someone who doesn't like PC anymore.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    If you don't like PC, you should just leave instead of hanging around trolling. :/ Animals -- especially dogs and cats, as higher-order mammals -- are sentient beings, and this is pretty sad, y'know.

I think it's sad they had to stay in the shelter; and I don't envy the ones who had to put them down. T_T

Back