• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animated Pokémon Sprites Thoughts/Ideas

Years
  • Hi, I haven't done any ROM hacking or decompiling in a while because I'm focused on other work. I actually haven't done any decomps at all.

Anyway, I was wondering what improvements have been made to some sprites in GBA games that would make them feel more modern, like Gens 4, 5, or later? I remember seeing a workaround that can make sprites bigger than 64x64 work in the game, but I don't remember if it's stable. Has there been any work that could give the Pokémon a second frame and animate like in Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver? I always thought it would be a problem for Pokémon that have different forms, like Castform and Deoxys. Basically, what I was looking for were:

• Second frames for Pokémon back sprites.
    • Animated trainer sprites like Gen 4 and 5.
    • Character face above the text box. That feature may not be in the actual games, but it's still pretty nice to have.
    • Gen 5-style overworld.

Those are some things I was wondering would work well for mainly Emerald.

Last edited:
    Back