• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animation Problems for self moves

Years
  • I've been going through and making my own battle animations through the editor. Everything works fine except for one problem. Moves with an internal "target" ID of 10 (self moves, i.e. Agility, Teleport, Acupressure, etc) don't seem to fully animate in game. Any cels that I put in the editor show up, but the actual sprite of the Pokemon using the move won't animate.

For instance, teleport I have set as a flash and then the user disappears. It works fine in the editor, but in the actual game, only the flash happens but the user doesn't move.

What makes this even stranger is that other self-moves I've tested (such as dragon dance and curse) work just fine. So I can't even narrow that problem down. I'm hoping its just some line I have to fix in one of the PokeBattle scripts...

Back