• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime influences

Years
    Have you ever noticed that, even though the manga is largely based on the games, anime still has influenced it somewhat. For example:

~Misty is still a child/ teen.
    ~Misty's overall attitude.
    ~I know pokeshipping didn't exist before the anime.
    ~The rebellious pikachu.
    ~The tournament instead of battling the Elite Four.
    ~The fact that Sabrina is evil.
    ~Ash/ Red's goal (it wasn't to become a pokemon master in the games, that much I remember).

What else is there?

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    According to the billboard of the Cerulean Gym in the Pokemon games, Misty is described as "the tomboyish mermaid". So I guess that must be the basic for Misty's altitude in both?
    I can't think of any other similarities than what you have said ^_^;;

Last edited:
    Years
    you are also forgetting that the rebellious Pikachu came first in the manga. Pokemon Adventures came first in 1997 and the anime came in 1998. ^^

(but still, I still don't know who wore a hood and cloak first.... Green or Gary)

plus, Pokeshipping did exsist in the manga.

Quote:

Red: (to Misty) Let's double date!

Last edited:
    Years
    oni flygon said:
    you are also forgetting that the rebellious Pikachu came first in the manga. Pokemon Adventures came first in 1997 and the anime came in 1998. ^^
    Really? Then why do they always advertise it as being based on the games and not the anime...? And Purin, I seem to recall Misty being semi-nice in the games (well, maybe not so much in the "second generation", but she was okay in the "first generation").

Last edited:
    Years
    Which do they advertise being based in the games?

The basis of Special is much closer to the game than the anime. The plot just added some twists to make the storyline clear because if you make a manga or anime with its pure basis as the game, there maybe some empty holes like "What caused Team Rocket to revive?" or "What exactly is the origin of the GS ball."

The anime basis laggs behind off the game. The characters remain but the plot cycles through the same events. (Team rocket trying to steal Pikchu). In the manga, the plot might seem to cycle but certain twists might make the plot go smoother.

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
    Sabrina wasn't evil, she was just posessed by that little girl. I kind of forget it, but she wasn't evil. At least, that was what happened in the show. In one of the manga series, she is posessed by a giant Haunter that ate at her dreams, I think, and made her evil.

Years
    In the anime, she became obsessed with honing her psychic powers and drove away all of her family and friends. The little doll she carries around represents her alter ego that just wants to have friends. So when she makes friends with Haunter, she realizes that having friends is important and the doll dissapears. I don't know how it happened in Ono's manga. But I'm pretty sure she wasn't evil in the games (was she?).

Years
    but in SPecial, she's NATURALLY evil! She's affiliated with Team Rocket and even battles Red, Green and Blue. But in the G/S/C chapters, she turns good.

Years
    I know. I was responding to Arore. And by Ono's manga I mean the one that's heavily based on the anime (with Brock and Misty following Ash). And you could say that in the anime she's naturally evil, too, because she created that doll and made it do bad things to people, not the other way around.

Purin

Crazy about Pink Hairdos
    Years
    Lady Dragonrider said:
    I know. I was responding to Arore. And by Ono's manga I mean the one that's heavily based on the anime (with Brock and Misty following Ash). And you could say that in the anime she's naturally evil, too, because she created that doll and made it do bad things to people, not the other way around.
    No. Sabrina in the anime is obsessed with her Psychic powers that it possessed her to do evil things. (I guess)

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    Red's goal in the Game was to collect all 151 Pokemon... in Manga was to be Pokemon Master... and I didn't quite get the tournament bit. the Special has both Tournament and Elite Four...

(Wouldn't they call Yellow Elite 4 Champ? She beat Lance...)

Years
    The Elite Four are evil in the manga. It is not a title one officially recieves once one has won a certain battle. I'd imagine you'd have to do something to prove your loyalty to the guys that want to destroy the world.

Tweak

@_@ there's so many evil people in da manga!!! they made most of the elite trainers/gym leaders evil. the anime is *bleh* =-= althought i do like some episodes where team rocket tries to do something else other than steal pikachu. >_<

the r/s pokespecial shows may getting badges, but in the anime isn't she joining in contests? and it shows her as a wild girl.

Years
    I don't think everyone is evil in the manga, just Surge, Sabrina, Koga, Giovanni, Pryce, Lorelei, Agatha, Will, Karen and Lance. And Sabrina I know turns good later on. If she were enemies with Red she wouldn't have bathed with him after all. :laugh:

Tweak

I don't think everyone is evil in the manga, just Surge, Sabrina, Koga, Giovanni, Pryce, Lorelei, Agatha, Will, Karen and Lance. And Sabrina I know turns good later on. If she were enemies with Red she wouldn't have bathed with him after all. :laugh:

errr...ur saying it weirdly. hahaha it makes it seem like... :laugh: i think it was some hot spring that heals you that they met at. actually red sorta didn't notice until he hit the invisible wall. hahaha, poor red.

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    Er, she basically means that some of the manga and anime are kinda similar... btw, Will and Karen are not in the manga, no not in one single round.

H.A.W.K.

You can fly with me!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 24, 2004
    I think the Anime try's to focus on Ash so much that we don't get to see enough of what the other trainers are doing!

Back