• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime or Manga

Manga or Anime?

• Neither, I do not like anime or Manga or do not know what they are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Years
    I prefer manga, I'm more reading persons... ^^; Othersides, I don't like watching TV , or I don't like to watch anime by meh comp. xD But I love comics, so I say manga, but if there comes some good anime, you bet I'll look it.

Last edited:

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I prefer reading manga. Mainly because I prefer reading than watching the telly ^_^

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2005
    Manga. I think anime is a bit dull. Manga is not drawn frame-by-frame, the little gaps leaves a lot to the reader's imaginations, so there are different intrepretations.

And a lot of anime aren't too fluid, the background is sometimes fixed and people without movement. (now, manga is fixed too but its reading so its up to ur imaginations)

And many of the original stories are usually found in manga (though not always)

I know for one thing, the Love Hina anime wasn't even close to the manga, though its good on its own.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    It depends on the series for me. Some manga series can't be beaten by their anime counterparts, whereas other series are handled well in anime-form.

For example, Alien Nine. Nice manga, sure. In fact, the manga explains a lot. However, the anime (especially the end) is far better than what the manga did simply because it was so loose that it could be interpreted so many different ways. (That and Yuri, Kumi, and Kasumi's anime forms are all a bit more adorable than their manga forms.)

On the other hand, I personally think that Samurai Deeper Kyo as a manga didn't make the series look like a cross between Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon and Rurouni Kenshin. So, a fan can really take the manga more seriously than the anime, which is, in my opinion, a good thing (as SDK does have some serious points that are just lost in the anime).

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    Manga>Anime.

I Really Do Love Both Though. And What's All This About Anime Being Cheaper? You Can Catch It on TV-For Free :P. If You're Going To Go out And Buy The DVD's, Then Yes. It's A Bit More Expensive. Anyway..

Why I Prefer Manga:
    -You Get To Imagine The Characters Voices, Not Have You Told What they Are.
    -It Leaves A Bit more to The Imagination, Because It Is Not Drawn Frame-By-Frame
    -You can Put It Down and Come Back To It Without Difficulty.
    -You Can Read Manga Anywhere, But You Can't Bring Your TV Anywhere XD
    -There Is A Less Likely Chance That The Manga Will Have the Plot Altered, Or It Be Censored. ect.
    -There Are Less Fillers (although, sometimes fillers are cool)

But I Still Love Anime ^_^

pirategirl92

Still loves season 1
    Years
    I Prefer both. Whatever the original is, though. It's more interesting to read, even if they change it from manga to anime or anime to manga. The original is usually the best, unless, of course, it was just plain bad.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Manga, since in most anime, they edit stuff from the manga and/or add stupid annoying filler episodes >_> (of course this only applies to anime where the mangas are the original story).
    Look at Keroro Gunso. They cut out half the parodies from the manga in the anime...

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I chose Anime, but I do adore Manga a lot. <333 I read this awesome manga by Ace Sanchez, it was a sweet Pokemon manga. XD But anyways, I chose anime because...I dunno why. XD If there was a choice like "I like them both" I would have picked it...XD

~Kelsey

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    I like both but manga is better.

Back