• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime previews: Fall 2007

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Have not done one of these in a while, so I thought I'd try my hand at it once more.

August

Kodomo no Jikan - Septepmber 12th
    23 year old newbie school teacher Aoki Daisuke starts his first day of class only to find out that one of his students, Nokonoe Rin, has a crush on him. This turns out to be a big problem as she soon starts proclaiming herself to be his girlfriend. The manga was going to be released in the US, but was canceled due to the "inappropriate" relationship between the two main characters, but it's essentially a parody of the whole loli fetish Japan has going on right now.

Moonlight Mile ~Touchdown~ - September 12th
    Set after the first series, it follows the two main characters after arriving on the moon and their continuing search for the energy source said to be there. The original series followed two characters who after climbing Everest, set their goals on an even higher place, the moon. Will run for 14 episodes.

ToHeart2 ~Another Day~ September 28th
    Will probably run for 6 episodes or so. It's supposed to be based on the new game but will have characters from the older series make appearances as well.

ARIA ~ARIETTA
    Set sometime after Aria the NATURAL, this series will cover both the recent manga chapters as well as do some original stories of its own.

October

Dragonaut the Resonance | TV Tokyo site - October 3rd
    After playing witness to a brutal murder, a young boy escapes his city and the only world he's ever known. He will soon encounter a strange group of people with mysterious powers and their battle against a force greater than any he has every known.

Tensai? Dr. Hamax - October 6th
    A comical series based on an award winning script from four years ago.

Shugo Chara - October 6th
    The story is about Amu Hinamori, a normal girl who keeps messing things up, leading people to believe that she's somewhat of a punk. Amu has three eggs that contain three different guardians or personalities of the type of person she would like to be. By opening an egg, that personality takes over, often leading to trouble.

Ghost Hound October 18th
    Production I.G.'s 20th anniversary project. It will contain a lot of big names from the anime industry, Shirow Masamune, creator of GitS, as well as Chiaki Konoda, writer for Digimon Tamers and Big O, will be heading up this project together.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
    Featuring Gundam newcomer, Seiji Mizushima (FMA), as director, Gundam 00 will be the first series to take place in the A.D. calender. After all fossil fuels have been depleted, the three world powers harness solar energy using three "solar elevators", being the only countries that hold these, a war is started with the other world nations. A group known as the Celestial Being appears to stop the war with their secret mobile suits, the Gundams.

Minami-Ke
    A story about the three Minami sister who all live together. The series will follow their daily lives without any adults telling them what to do and having to live on their own.

Shakugan no Shana the Second/II
    The second TV series, but the fourth animated project. The series will be written by Yakusou Kobayashi.

Prisim Ark
    Magical girl series, not really sure what it's about. The director has mostly worked on old super robo anime revivals.

ef ~ a tale of memories ~
    What seems to be a shoujo/slice of life mix of an anime. The staff really hasn't done anything too note worthy in the past.

Rental Magica
    Based on a light novel series, the series follows the life of Isuki, a boy who inherits a magician employment agency from this his father.

Genshiken 2
    Continuing the oddly named series, this is the third Genshiken anime. It continues the story of a college student falling into the world of doujinshi and manga.

Myself Yourself
    Based on a series of light novels, will probably run 13 episodes.

Kimikiss Pure rouge
    Another dating sim adaptation, based on a PS2 game called "Kissing You".

Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku
    Spaceships, aliens and angsty looking girls, looks awesome.

Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro
    After her father is killed, a girl goes on a search to find a killer and ends up being partners with a demon who escaped from Hell.

Jushin Enbu
    An original action fantasy series. Character designs are by Hiromu Arakawa, the creator of FMA. She will also be doing a manga adaptation a few months after the anime starts. Watching this one without a doubt since it's got my favorite seiyuu, Kenichi Suzumura.

Goshuushousama Ninomiya-kun
    Another light novel series to be adapted to an anime series.

Da Capo II
    The third series in the Da Capo franchise(what is it with this weird numbering?). Supposed to feature a brand new cast of characters.

Maple Story
    An anime based on Maple Story, really all you need to know.

November

Yumedamaya Kidan
    Based on the winner of the ANIMAX scenario prize. The series follows Naho and her younger brother, Jun. They've lost their parents so Naho must also act as a mother figure for Jun. They soon meet a strange man with a large bag that has the ability the release creatures from Jun's dreams. Naho then ends up inside one of Jun's dreams and meets their mother.

Dates unknown

Night Wizard the ANIMATION
    A fantasy action series written by the Keroro Gunsou and V Gundam director.

BAMBOO BLADE
    Based on a manga series. The story follows a Kendo teacher who just so happens to be broke. His master has promised him that if he can gather a Kendo team to beat his at the national competition, he will give him free meals for a year. The series will follow the teacher's search for five girls with the skills to beat his master's team.

Suteki Tantei Labyrinth
    The story of a rich detective who feels that it's his duty to give back to the world by solving crimes.

Stuff I'm definitely going to watch: Gundam 00, Suteki Tantei Labyrinth, Moonlight Mile, Aria, Ghost Hound, Shougo Chara, Jushin Enbu

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    o_o Wait, what? At that first one, I mean. Isn't...oh jeez. It's a CLAMP manga and I only read it in French so I don't know what it's called. Suki or something like that. But didn't that have a teacher/child relationship in it or something? XD

Oh god what the hell at the Maple Story one though. I might try watching that for the sheer WTF-ery of it. HAHA.

Aside from that, I dunno. :| I might decide to watch some of these on a whim. Depends how bored I get. XD;

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    They all look interesting to me 8D Especially the To Heart series,Shana and Ghost Hound. ;]

Looking forward to another good season of anime x3

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    Kodomo no Jikan...so wrong on so many different levels. XD Out of all the upcoming shows, I'll probably be watching Ghost Hound, Genshiken, Shugo Chara, and Gundam.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    lesse ... I just read some of Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro, and it was alright so far. I also read some of Bamboo Blade, and I was meaning to read more but never got around to it.

Jushin Enbu defintely looks cool at the moment.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    Maple Story, oh god. The last thing I would probably want to see.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    Maple...Story....D:
    Need moar Ragnarok
    Anyway, I'm interested in Kodomo no Jikan, just because loli comedy is cute and fluffy~
    ARIA sounds interesting as well, though I've never seen the first series...
    Ghost Hound sounds awesome though I hope it's not scary or anything, but it probably is D:

I wish there were some more cute harem shows of either gender, like Oura
    n or something...;-; oh well...These will keep me occupied during school days~

Sr E

Jr. Trainer
    Years
    Only thing that I'm going to watch for sure will be Gundam 00. I don't know much about anything else.

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    ..Maple story. Sad thing is, animes based on incredibly popular games tend to be a hit. even if it sucks. *COUGHpokemonCOUGH*

Lol, your probably forming your opinion off the dub.

That loli one seems like it would be funny.

Last edited:

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    Wheee the new fall season is here ~ As for me: I'll go for Shakugan no Shana II (been looking forward it ever since I heard it would get a 2nd season quite some time ago ^^), Gundam00 and maybe NightWizard if I'm clueless, I'll just have to see what direction the show will go to as I aren't familar with it at all ~

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Looking forward to Shana the most and hopefully Gundam 00 will be good as well. Suteki Tantei Labyrinth sounds like something I would really like. Other than those, a few others that caught my interest right now are:

Kodomo no Jikan
    Shugo Chara
    Minami-Ke
    Rental Magica
    Myself Yourself
    Jushin Enbu
    Goshuushousama Ninomiya-kun
    MapleStory

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Out of boredom, it seems the Kyoto Animation has decided to run clannad for the fall 07 season, just to clear it up since it disappeared temporarily from the Fall '07 season for a while

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Night Wizard the ANIMATION, Jushin Enbu, Rental Magica, Prisim Ark, Shakugan No Shana 2, Mobile Suit gundam 00, ghost Hound (Defenilty watching) and Dragonaut the Resonance seem to catch my eyes

:t354:TG

Inept Prodigy

Skillfully Unskilled
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    ARIA ~ARIETTA, Dragonaut the Resonance, Shakugan no Shana the Second/II (shouldn't really watch it without the first though, which I've been meaning to watch anyways), ef ~ a tale of memories ~, Myself Yourself, Blue Drop: Tenshi-tachi no Gikyoku, Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro, Goshuushousama Ninomiya-kun, Night Wizard the ANIMATION, and BAMBOO BLADE all seem interesting.

Now I've got to find a way to watch all of them, I hate dial-up so much, youtube takes too long loading.

Back