• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime reccomendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I have watched a somewhat average amount of Anime these past years and I'm looking for another few anime series to watch.

Some of my favorite anime are;
    Rosario+Vampire
    Zero no Tsukaima
    Amagami SS

and some more.

Some of my favorite genre's are;
    Harem
    Ecchi
    Romance
    Action
    Comedy

Thanks.

Ficher

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2012
    I have watched more than 200 anime in my life, so let me see if I can help you in this.

Judging from your favorite anime, the harem + romantic comedy genre mix is probably your favorite. I, too, see harem as my favorite genre and I have seen a lot of anime from this genre. Let's recommend you a nice, interesting anime for you to watch.

Are you familiar with Kaichou wa maid-sama? It's one of the best romantic comedy animes I've watched since Toradora!, a very interesting anime if you haven't watched it yet. It basically is set in a school setting and has two very likable protagonists. Not really a harem, but it has multiple girls liking the main male lead.

Now, let's mix other genres with the harem one. How about Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari? It's an OVA composed of 13 episodes with 45 minutes each. In my opinion, it's one of the best harems out there, though it is a spin-off of Tenchi Muyo. It has action, romance, drama, school, and ecchi.

The above ones are my really my favorite harem animes, so I heavily suggest you try them out.

Some others would be Love Love, Tactical Roar, My Wife's A Mermaid, Da Capo, Asobi ni Iku yo, Gundam 00, Koi Koi 7, Martian Successor Nadesico, GTO...

Some of the latter-mentioned are new, though will be completed very soon this month. I can recommend you more if you want, when I think of more interesting ones.

Last edited:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    After examining your MAL account, I must ask this: What was your reason for rating Naruto higher than Code Geass, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

In any case, I'll just give you a modified version of the list of titles I posted on that one Buick fanatic's blog and see which ones stick:

Spoiler:

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I don't think I saw it on anyone's recommendations yet, and you might have watched it already, but in the chance that you haven't, I've just gotta put it here. It's got comedy (albeit it's pretty dark humor) and it's a parody of the harem genre in a way. If you haven't watched it yet gogogogo.

And if you're into the hardcore realllly risque ecchi, you'd probably like the manga Yuria 100 Shiki. Though that's a manga, and not an anime. So yeah.

I'm just going to wrap up this post with also suggesting Kuroshitsuji or also called Black Butler. Just because it's amazing and everyone should watch it.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Shakugan No Shana is all that I can suggest off the top of my head seeing as how you like Zero No Tsukaima

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - Romance/Drama/Slice Of Life/Tragedy. One of my favourite anime of all time. I won't give away anything i would reccomend it 100% though.

Kanokon - Country boy meets shameless fox spirit, hilarity and lots of nosebleeds ensue. It's overly ecchi but well worth a watch.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Already been reviewed above, very clever anime.

Kiss X Sis (TV) - Incest/wincest/twincest. Basically a pair of sisters fall in love with their stepbrother. Possibly one of the ecchiest anime i have ever seen, as well as that it's funny and a bit LOLWAT.

Toradora! - One of my favourite romcom anime. Not a single character i didn't like which is rare for me. Lots of ups and downs as you'd expect. Some moments in it really make you feel warm inside.

To LOVE-Ru - Harem/Comedy/Ecchi. Ok there is not a lot of plot and the episodes don't fit together amazingly well but still i love this show.

Kodomo no Jikan - Gets frowned upon a bit due to it's loli content but that shouldn't put you off. Lots of funny moments and some drama. True there are a number of scenes that aren't needed but i guess they make you think.

Tonagura! - Childhood friends reunited 10 years after they departed. Romantic comedy.....kinda. It's been done a million times before but it's still enjoyable.

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun - Guy trying to help out a succubus who is afraid of men. Ecchi/comedy/bit of action.

True Tears - Romance/Slice Of Life/bits of comedy. Lovely anime, well worth a watch.

EDIT

Adding Shuffle! to the list. Only just watched the first 2 episodes but it seems to fit all but action in your favourite genres.

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Some of my favorite genre's are;
    Harem
    Ecchi
    Romance
    Action
    Comedy

Thanks.
    Well, let me recommend to you B Gata H Kei. It's quite the charmer for ecchi, and it wont poke your eyes out with fanservice. It's also very comedic also, most girls I see seems to like it. It's quite controversial, you can see from the story but it's not as ecchi as KissxSis though, although I also recommend that.

Harem
    Ecchi
    Romance
    Action
    Comedy

The only anime I have seen that contains all of this genre is Bakemonogatari. It's in the format of Amagami SS, each girl with her own arc, though unlike Amagami SS, it's not in the omnibus format, and rather than capturing the girls' heart, the main guy saves them from the oddity they have encountered.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I don't know about you, but I'm suggesting Hetalia: Axis Powers. It's comedic in a kind of way although its short. :'< Oh and there's no dubbed version of it, as far as I know.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    I don't know about you, but I'm suggesting Hetalia: Axis Powers. It's comedic in a kind of way although its short. :'< Oh and there's no dubbed version of it, as far as I know.

Wait about a month or two, FUNimation will get the first season dubbed.

Complete with accents.

Also, I'm noticing a lack of Studio Ghibli films on your MAL.

It honestly doesn't really matter which one of their movies you watch, they're all good.

Except for Howl's Moving Caslte, it's horrible IMO.

Years
    One that I don't think that I saw listed here was Hanamaru Kindergarten. You can watch it legally on Crunchyroll, and it was quite a series. A bit romantic, a bit heartwarming, a bit slice of life, and a little pervy humor (although not an overdose of it).

Except for Howl's Moving Caslte, it's horrible IMO.

I agree with the Pixy Guy there in that that you need to sit down with some Ghibli films. I will disagree about Howl's though, you need to see that as well. Hayao Miyazaki's films are all worth watching, even if some are not as enjoyable as others. Many people have differing opinions on them (example: I think that Nausicaa's one of his better films, many people would love to disagree with me on that one).

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Karin is a decent romantic comedy manga (My first...), so the anime shouldn't be too bad.

For Ghibli, Kiki's is good, as is Spirited Away. Both have, in my opinion, top-notch dubs.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    anything by Ghibli, really. my favorites are
    Kiki's Delivery Service
    Howl's Mobile Home uh, i mean Moving Castle
    Princess Mononoke
    GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES (be warned, this movie has no mercy, it will make you cry)
    Spirited Away
    these two are for kids, but they are still pretty good
    My Neighbor Totoro (especially this one)
    Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea
    they're all good though

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
    Hmmm...I can recommend you a couple romance/action/ecchi.
    BTW correct me if I'm wrong, harem is romance, but basically all girls love one guy, right? xD
    Shakugan no Shana - Romance/action
    High School of the Dead - Romance/Action/Ecchi <-------one of my fave animes!!!
    Kampfer - Harem/Ecchi
    Mushi Uta - Romance/Action
    Asu no Yoichi - Harem/Ecchi/Action
    Tora Dora - Romance/Comedy
    Akikan - Romance/Action/Comedy (The first couple eps were hilarious! xD)
    Prism Ark - Romance/Ecchi/Action
    To Love-Ru - Romance or Hare...not sure/Comedy
    11 Eyes - Romance/Action
    Ladies Versus Butlers - Romance/Ecchi/Comedy? (I didn't find it particularly funny...but yeh w/e)
    Kaze no Stigma - Romance/Action
    Fate/Stay Night - Romance/Action <----- My favourite!!!
    Angel Beats - Romance/Comedy/Some action <----------- Also on of my faves! xD
    Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou - Harem/Action/Magic
    Sora no Otoshimono - Ecchi/Harem/Some action in the last episode. xD
    Sekirei - Harem/Ecchi/Action

EDIT: Ginban Kaleidoscope - Romance/Comedy <---awesome anime with a realistic and beautiful ending as well as crazy humour in the first couple episodes which brought out my tears of laughter! xD

Hope that helped! ^_^

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Uhhhmmm B|a

I'd say you should check out To Aru Kagaku no Railgun; it's a spin-off of Majutsu no Index, but it's a but more... Ecchi? Especially if you enjoy Action!Girls :|b

Also, DURARARA!!(it got licensed, good luck finding episodes), Welcome to the NHK, and Shakugan no Shana.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Couple more to add to the list.

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - Of you don't mind a very typical story (it has wincest)

Grenadier - Although it doesn't fit all of your categories it's a very entertaining series.

Last edited:

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    If you like action then I suggest Naruto, Dragon Ball Z and Bleach.
    Those are some of the best anime I know.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm watching Bleach & Naruto, and I don't like DBZ.

I can definitely recommend Angel Beats!, as mentioned by tnguye above. It's an amazing series, though its length doesn't do it justice.
    I've already seen that XD
    *points to mal*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back