• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime's 20th Anniversary

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Next year will be 20 years since the anime first aired. Discuss what you think they should do to celebrate.

I'd like to see the Sun/Moon anime make some references/callbacks to the original series.

I think they should release an album of all the bgm from the original series up to XY. I know that an album of all the bgm from OS to DP was released in 2010-2011, but it would be nice to be able to listen to the BW and XY anime music as well.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    I think they should re-release one of the movies in theaters, or put the new one in theaters. I know that's unlikely, but Yugioh is still getting movies in theaters outside of Japan, so why not Pokemon?

If we're talkin' TV, maybe have a special with some of the old characters in it.

Or at least, like you said, have the Sun and Moon anime reference the old series, instead of just not remembering or talking about them ever.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    For the 20th anniversary, I'd like a special where Ash and Misty meet again and catch up. While this is quite the wishful thinking, I really want it. Last time we had an "anniversary" thing, we got Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon, so I'd love a special where Ash meets up with Misty again somehow.

Maybe a movie where Ash meets up with all his friends and rivals he's encountered will suffice too, but we'll see.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , The series can bring back the Original trio! That would be the best way to celebrate the 20th year anniversary.
    In fact , I think Misty alone could have solve XY group's boring chemistry.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    We are also coming up on the 20th season as well.

I am not sure what they can do to be honest. I would love for there to be a Team Rocket Arc where it is all the character vs Team Rocket and Jessie and James turn against Giovanni. However, that would probably mark the end of the anime.

It would be nice if there was a fireworks episode. Maybe in celebration of a New Year or something and the character are watching it. I would also like more episodes like the Jourgeist Festival. More festival episodes is always nice. Halloween, Holidays, New Year, Spring, Midsummer. Ect.

I really really enjoyed these episodes because you could relate them to real world holidays. I would also love to see another Christmas or Winter Festival Episode.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    ^ Oh yes, I would love to see a festival episode! Those have nice feels to them, though I don't think the anime would do such for a 20th Anniversary event, but still it would be nice. c:

Or you know, if X is still going by next year, maybe let Ash actually win a league, and maybe challenge an old rival or something. It's been 20 seconds, he needs to stop releasing all this good Pokemon and win a league. If not Kalos, then the Sun/Moon ani could have him win that league as a celebration that the anime started in it's anniversary year.

Ashygirl

Ash is my bae!
    Years
    I'm super pumped for the 20th anniversary of the anime. Never thought it last this long. XD
    I'm not sure what they could do to celebrate really. Maybe marathon all the movies? (That's totally what I'd do if I had them all. Still don't have 8 or 9. The sad part is that the 8th movie is my favorite)

Years
    I don't expect anything for the show's 20th birthday tbh. I mean, what exactly did we get for its 10th birthday in 2007? A PMD special in Japan that promoted Time & Darkness iirc? I don't recall anything else. :x

Back