• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*[Anna's Pixel work Gallery]*

~Mithos~

- Three Days Grace -
    Years
    that typhlosion is amazing, keep making more please.

although the fake pokemon could use a little more details, they look kind of off to me.

Years
    *[Anna's Pixel work Gallery]*

I did a pixel over today. Wow hard...0_0​

Years
    wow those are really cool. i rfeally like the overshades. i think that if you try hard enough you could make pokemon for the games (as in they use your pokemon overshades or stuff like that and put them into the game)

i really like the wailord and typhlosion overshades

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    I think I know you (from PE2K, maybe?) n_n Anyway, great sprites! I like your trainers a lot.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    This one looks like he's yelling "IM GONNA B EETINZ JOOR HEEDZ LAWLZ!"
    You're gonna be receiving a warning for that spammish comment. Pixel Art rules require constructive criticisms when posting, so a lack of such is prohibited so that the members benefit more and the quality of posts in the section are raised.

Edit: oh, and I forgot to say something about the sprite ^^; It's a good revamp, with the shading well placed on both the body and the outline.

Last edited:

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    You're gonna be receiving a warning for that spammish comment. Pixel Art rules require constructive criticisms when posting, so a lack of such is prohibited so that the members benefit more and the quality of posts in the section are raised.

But the other posts didn't have constructive criticism either.

I was trying to make a Gym leader for my friend's project. =/

It's a really weird base to use. The editing is pretty minimal and you can can easily tell it used to be the Bird Keeper from Fire Red and Leaf Green. You should try adding different expression, different hair style, add props from scratch, and change the pose more so that it's not as obvious. This is a huge problem for all of your trainer edits, they just look too obvious. The Pokemon breeder edit is obviously wearing Brock's pants from Fire Red and Leaf Green and they don't fit right on the character.

The sprite's head looks very awkward on his body, and the left leg should not be the same length as the right. It should be at least one pixel shorter than the other leg, and it looks like he was sewn onto someone else's body because blow the wait doesn't match to the top. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bottom half was from a taller sprite. You should try to reference more while working on your sprites. You could have the original sprite in your work space while you edit it.

Also the shading is bad, I couldn't tell where the light source was coming from. Almost all Pokemon sprites the light source if coming from the north-east, but your light source is coming from the north-east the west. Proving that you did past the bottom half on. Now, there isn't anything wrong with pasting parts on, you just have to be mindful when shading and pose.

Which brings me to the pose. His torso is turning in one way while his legs are turning in another. This could be easily fixed by mirroring the image, but if you do not have a fancy photo editor, you can mirror the part by scratch. It isn't not very hard, but you will have to look at the part in normal size. I have ran into that problem as well and had to make mirror images of the part I wanted to use.

Also, if you want a professional look, you can always make the sprites transparent by downloading a free raster graphics editor. Most free raster editors have basic editing feature that you need like cropping, flipping, and layering. These certain tools are very important and helpful when spriting. Also, you would want to make a palette cart. Not every advance Pokemon game has the same palette.

Now I'm not claiming to be a spriting expert or anything, but you really don't have to be an expert to gave critique. My sprites aren't amazing either, but I do hold basic tips to heart.

If you want, I could show you a sprite I did where you could never tell what base I used. It looks completely from scratch even though I took many "short cuts".

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2008
    How do you make pixel overs? Can I have a guide link or something.

Very good work. I really like your fakemon and the crobat recolor.

Years
    Wow, exelent jobs! ... how do you make the Pixel Overs? I tried to make one of a glaceon some time ago, and it was really horrible

Back