• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another Blue-Eyes deck!

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    A bit late, but I updated my deck for the new banlist. Even though I pretty much changed half of the deck.

(20)
    3x Blue-Eyes White Dragon
    3x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
    3x Red-Eyes Wyvern
    2x Prime Material Dragon
    2x Koa'ki Meiru Drago
    2x Masked Dragon
    2x The White Stone of Legend
    2x Totem Dragon
    1x Exploder/Yamata Dragon

(14)
    1x A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
    1x Future Fusion
    1x Dark Hole
    2x Gold Sarcaphagus
    1x Foolish Burial
    3x Book of Moon
    1x Giant Trunade
    2x Mystical Space Typhoon
    1x Burial from a Different Dimension
    1x Monster Reborn

(6)
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Solemn Judgment
    2x Bottomless Trap Hole
    1x Burst Breath
    1x Starlight Road

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I believe you need White Night Dragon in there somewhere. Its absolutely fantastic. Also, a copy or two of Cards of Consonance and Trade-In wouldn't hurt. Otherwise, I don't see any other problems with it.

Circuit

Years
    White Night Dragon is much better than Prime Material Dragon. White Night Dragon has no cost, except from being targeted by a card to negate and destroy, while Prime requires you to send a card to the graveyard. Plus, White Night can be attacked instead of another card you control, so removing any really annoying cards, leaving your weaker ones to do what they need to do. White Night Dragon is simply better than Prime Material Dragon, because of its effect.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    So it achives it alone? With my older deck, I always suffered from monsters being destroyed easily. With PMD, it can negate any monster destruction, not only ones that target itself. PMD also turns burn decks into my best friend. Dumping monsters (Especially Wyvern/White Stone) are useful for later.I have experience with WND, and PMD proved far better.
    https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Prime_Material_Dragon - look
    https://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:White_Night_Dragon - look
    I believe a constant MBAAS is much much better.

Also is Yamata Dragon a good choice? I've missed one card in my monsters, it's gonna be either Exploder Dragon / Yamata Dragon, I dunno.

Circuit

Years
    No, only White Night Dragon. Look, you can't stop your monsters being destroyed by battle with PMD, but you can to an extent with WND. Also, when you say, you always suffered from monsters being destroyed easily, that's where WND protects itself, keeping you a nice powerful dragon, plus its easy to get another REDMD. Look, if you run both PMD and WND, especially in a Blue-Eyes deck, you'll run out of space for the other, important staples required in dragons, like Exploder Dragon and Blizzard Dragon. PMD isn't always more useful, especially when it comes down to force. With your deck, WND adds to the beatdown effect of this deck, whereas PMD just adds a mini lockdown which, in a Blue-Eyes deck, isn't wanted. It takes up too much room. REDMD special summons from the grave anyway, so monsters getting destroyed isn't as much of a big deal as you're making out. Also, cut the Yamata Dragon. Its an aweful card, especially being a spirit and unable to be special summoned. That's where this deck is great, the fact that special summons come so easily.

I say, cut the Yamata Dragon, and two Prime Material Dragons, and replace with three White Night Dragons. You also want to try taking out a Giant Trunade and a Book of Moon to add in two Blizzard Dragon. A beastly level four for Dragons, and Extremely useful at stopping a raging Heraklinos from destroying your REDMD (not just Heraklinos, but you know what I mean). Here, I've told you what I think, and I've had some good experience with building a dragon deck in the past and good advice, and Prime isn't the way forward. I've put the choice to you, its either take it or leave it now.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
    Actually...

My two cents on the issue of WND versus Prime Material.

Prime Material Dragon is a better card than White Night Dragon, card-quality-wise. It can be tribute summoned and not just typically cheated out (via REDMD of course), and the discard cost is almost negligible when you're taking into the account what kind of cards your opponent is trading with the discard you're using. Dark Hole, Torrential, Bottomless, et al. White Night suffers the same way Thought Ruler suffers: it can only negate TARGETED cards. The aforementioned cards are a pain for beatdown-esque Dragon decks to deal with, especially decks like this where you don't need to worry about not being able to run stuff over. Thus I would take the trade-off in attack and simply play 1-2 Prime Material; White Night, although excellent in casual games (Sakuretsu Armor, Fissure, etc), is not a good enough card for tournament-style play unless the deck specifically features it, and White Night is definitely not an adequate replacement for Prime Material Dragon.

Why do you even care about having stuff blown up in battle? REDMD decks are designed specifically to circumvent this via REDMD, and you should only worry about getting stuff blown up through effect. Prime Material does this job so ridiculously well it would be a little... strange not to run it.

It's a fairly similar thing with Stardust vs Thought Ruler, really.

As for the deck itself: I feel that the list looks pretty good, though I am still thinking about some metagame calls like Pot of Duality and Solemn Warning and such. If you can afford those, probably run 2 of each?

Circuit

Years
    Well, that's put me in my place. So, I'll remember that for future uses. Well, you've received the go ahead for PMD. Also, I agree with PoD and Solemn Warning, however they are expensive, so Starlight Road (I've found) makes a good substitute, however, for PoD. I don't know. And, I admit I was wrong earlier as well. I am still, inexperienced.

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Well, that's put me in my place. So, I'll remember that for future uses. Well, you've received the go ahead for PMD. Also, I agree with PoD and Solemn Warning, however they are expensive, so Starlight Road (I've found) makes a good substitute, however, for PoD. I don't know. And, I admit I was wrong earlier as well. I am still, inexperienced.
    Well, if you don't make mistakes, you're doing something wrong.

And well, the deck is probably with enough beatdown anyway, Dragons are high ATK and most likely won't be destroyed by battle, unless it's something like JD or a massive SSing beatstick.

Circuit

Years
    Err, why? Stamping destruction is already covered for in AWoGD and another Future FUsion would be pointless. Once one had been used, the other would become a dead draw, useful for nothing. Chimeratech Overdragon is pointless, because this deck doesn't use machines, and it destroys all monsters on your field, which isn't good for this deck. And what exactly is FGD?

However, perhaps try considering Burst Stream of Destruction with Blue-Eyes. I know it prevents you from attacking with a Blue-Eyes, but you can make up for that with other dragons attacking. It's not an overly great card however, and is only optional. The deck is great as it is.

Cirrus

Years
    If you want to run Burst Stream, run Lightning Vortex instead. The discard is almost negligible and you blow up their stuff - you can discard, say, a card you were planning to SS with REDMD, or say a Red-Eyes Wyvern/White Stone/Blue-Eyes. Plus it can act as a reversal-esque card.

Stamping at 1 is the right number. Future Fusion is Limited.

Do consider taking out a Wyvern and putting in a copy of Masked. Or taking something else out and putting in a copy of Masked. You could also go for 2 Blue-Eyes maindeck instead of 3, which is a viable, though not necessarily recommended course of action. Uh... you need Exploder Dragon at 2. Yamata Dragon is good, but Exploder Dragon is as good. Definitely run 2. Yamata is mostly for the awesome combo with awesome awesome Totem Dragon being SS'd by REDMD and tributed for it to refill your hand.

Book of Moon can be at 2 and it won't hurt that much.

Last edited:

Circuit

Years
    I agree, if you were going to run Burst Stream, just run Vortex. And that reminds me, I should swap that out in my dragon deck (if you would care to look at it Cirrus xD). I don't think Yamata dragon is that great though. I would just run Exploder instead.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
    Yamata is like one of those annoying cards that sometimes you may have no choice cause you know deep down you kinda need em. Like card trooper and ryko ughhh

anyway seeing firestar as you started playing yugioh only about five months you are doing really good, specially wiv dragons.

Masked dragon is good idea though, oh how I love searchers.

Circuit

Years
    You could say, dragons are my speciallity, but I do know what staples are needed in most deck, but so does most everyone else. As with Yamata, well, I don't think you really need it. There are much better dragons, like Genesis Dragon to replace it. Generally, Book of Moon is run at two though, isn't it. Like Gold Sarcy (I have three).

I do keep in mind though, that most raters (like you, Cirrus) here know so much more than me.

Cirrus

Years
    Thank you for your praise, Firestar. I really know very little about card games, truly... I don't pilot enough decks around, well, anywhere to call myself that. : o My friends do, however, and I chat with them a lot, and we exchange metagame views, as I do keep up with top decklists and new sets, et al., and I dabble in playing from time to time.

Gold Sarc is actually semi-limited, otherwise we'd all run 3 in our combo decks. (...maybe. XD)

Well, unless you want to play Yamata Dragon (as in this was a made choice) it's not an absolute must in a Dragon deck. 2 Exploder, because it is ridiculously good (versus Stardust Colossal etc though nobody plays Colossal these days) and recursive. Genesis Dragon is also optional but a decent choice.

One thing I am disturbed a bit about... the lack of a level 2 Dragon-type Tuner like Dread Dragon or Magna Drago, and also the lack of Delta Flyer. They're definitely not exactly necessary if you can't afford an Extra Deck (unless you want to play this in a tournament or something), but are really nice to have. Space issues might make you not want them, however.

Nightstalker

Party on!!
    Years
    I agree, tuners would definitely add some good support to this deck but are not nesesarily required. I would give them a try though. If it doesn't work for you you can always swap them out again, right?

Two exploder sounds good cirrus.

In general most decks are stapled with two book of moons however dragons is another story. They need it to stop nasty monster effects such as the dreaded black rose nuke.

Last edited:

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Ok, I'm gonna have to agree with Cirrus here, some cards like PoD and Solemn Warning would boost this already strong deck's power. I never liked dragons because I never seemed to make the consistency of mine enough to be tournament-worthy, but I'm pretty sure draw-power helps any deck. If you could fit in a Trade-In or Cards of Consonance, that would be good. It's conspicuous that you are a great player though, good job with the deck.

Cirrus

Years
    Hmm. I would not actually recommend either Trade-In or Cards of Consonance here because the deck doesn't have enough space unless you dumped most of your Spells out. If you did that and played a copy of Debris Dragon as well as possibly the third copy of White Stone, however, it would be quite feasible.

Space issues... I'm not really the person you should look to to solve them, because I fail at solving them myself and often ask advice from my friends on what cards to cut from my 41-card decks (Xd), but, well, it's an improvement up from the 42-card decks I used to play. I'll reach 40 eventually.

Back