• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Another One Gabites the Dust!" Episode Discussion

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Because Warped Reflection is too lazy to post -_-

Pokemon Contest! Dawn gets a new rival ~

Discuss ~

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It was your turn. Blue Drif' took my turn last week. [Rare smiley insert] → D: ← [/Rare smiley insert]

※ Ursala is a terrible name no matter what way I look at it. Though she is a geat character.

※ They inserted the dub "Battle Frontier" theme.

※ Typing about music, I barely heard any music this episode. I like.

※ Did I mention Ursala is a terrible name but a wonderful character?

♪ Pachirisu appears! And wins the contest! ♪

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    It was your turn. Blue Drif' took my turn last week. [Rare smiley insert] → D: ← [/Rare smiley insert]

It was Sunday and you were nowhere to be found... So, yeah. I did. :3

This episode was a good Pachirisu episode. Lol at Pachirisu not liking Ursula's Poffin.... Dawn got her next ribbon, so that's good too. I like how Jessie came close to winning too.

Unfortunately, I was unable to pay attention to all of the other details of the episode because I was too busy WONDERING WHERE ALL THE MUSIC WENT. I know PUSA/TPCI will sometimes rarely replace a Japanese track with silence, but they they went crazy in this episode. XD There were 6+ minutes of silence in this episode. Wow. I'm happy about that, but it was pretty weird. PUSA used Battle Frontier(Eng.) so that's really cool.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    thats good that Pachirisu won, thank you for telling me because I missed the last 10minutes of the episode. I was shocked at the beginning of the episode when Pachirisu finally learned a good move and i was shocked when they put the BF music in this episode as well

:t354:TG

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021

I was going to ask about the smilie before you edited in the tags XD I just presumed you would take this week, and I would do the one after

- Hah, Brock looks really weird
    - Pachirisu is so cute
    - It sounded like Pachirisu purred XD
    - Wow, what's up with all the silence
    - This girl better appear again sometime, Kenny and Nando are so boring
    - Silence, you can stop now o.O
    - Did TPCI even cut the Contest theme for silence?
    - Huh? They even cut music for Dawn's appeal? It's better than dub music, but...it's got to be a mistake? There's no way they would actually cut so much music
    - Oh well, at least we can hear Yanmega's voice better XD
    - Hooray, music!
    - So, the girl hasn't ever got through the first round...she can't be that great, then
    - Cool, Battle Frontier instrumental. Yay, the actual song!
    - I hope Ursula comes back again sometime

Music kept: (4)

RBY Gym Theme
    Satoshi's Battle Decision (movie 1)
    DPPt Karate King Encounter
    GSC Trainer Battle

Because of all the silence o.O

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I was going to ask about the smilie before you edited in the tags XD I just presumed you would take this week, and I would do the one after

- Hah, Brock looks really weird
    - Pachirisu is so cute
    - It sounded like Pachirisu purred XD
    - Wow, what's up with all the silence
    - This girl better appear again sometime, Kenny and Nando are so boring
    - Silence, you can stop now o.O
    - Did TPCI even cut the Contest theme for silence?
    - Huh? They even cut music for Dawn's appeal? It's better than dub music, but...it's got to be a mistake? There's no way they would actually cut so much music
    - Oh well, at least we can hear Yanmega's voice better XD
    - Hooray, music!
    - So, the girl hasn't ever got through the first round...she can't be that great, then
    - Cool, Battle Frontier instrumental. Yay, the actual song!
    - I hope Ursula comes back again sometime

Music kept: (4)

RBY Gym Theme
    Satoshi's Battle Decision (movie 1)
    DPPt Karate King Encounter
    GSC Trainer Battle

Because of all the silence o.O

Silence? I don't remember any silence.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    The first half of the episode was almost all silence. The music really starts when Ursula, the sea witch, goes on stage to appeal with Gabite.
    xDDD

Okay, time for my review. This ep was really good, but I think I'm getting tired of Coordinators.

Ursula's name made me think of Ursaring. And that Gabite was cute and powerful. Pachirisu wouldn't win a regular battle, that's for sure.

I actually noticed the silence, but I'm not really that concerned about the music.
    Rating: 10/10!!

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I was overall disappointed with the episode. =/

Why did they skip so much of the contest? And whats with them putting in the BF music... (Although I do like it,) it was like watching an AMV to me. They didn't even show Dawn's appeal round.

And Ursula.... weeeiiiird person lol.

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    xDDD

Okay, time for my review. This ep was really good, but I think I'm getting tired of Coordinators.

Ursula's name made me think of Ursaring. And that Gabite was cute and powerful. Pachirisu wouldn't win a regular battle, that's for sure.

I actually noticed the silence, but I'm not really that concerned about the music.
    Rating: 10/10!!

Well, both names do come from the latin for bear. Which makes no sense if she has a Gabite, but then people aren't named after their Pokémon.

Years
    I actually flipped on to this for a short while, and that silence. owo It was so disturbing, I mean sometime silence is appropriate. But for flashy contest appeals? It deserves some music.

That was...Just really strange.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Why did they skip so much of the contest?

It was to skip to the final since you can't show a whole contest in one episode.

And whats with them putting in the BF music... (Although I do like it,) it was like watching an AMV to me.

They inserted "Battle Frontier" by Akina Takaya in the Japanese version.

They didn't even show Dawn's appeal round.

Yes they did. Dawn used Buneary in an ice themed appeal.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I actually really liked this episode! Well, i love all of the episodes pertaining contests and that focus on another character instead of Ash for once..

But URSULA?? Why URSULA?

???URSULA???

I have to apologize for that spazzem back there... Name didn't really fit ya know? But I really hope we see her again cuz she's got this cute good-girl look to her but her personallity is like POW! a little vengeful... and devlish
    But she is AwEsOmE :)

And Pachirisu was soooo cute and awesome in this episode :) Finally one of her pokemon do good and learn a new move.

And including Battle Frontier theme? Dis-Like!

But overall a good episode :)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Oh really? It must've only been on for a second, cuz I missed it. I would rather have them just take 2 or 3 episodes to do a contest though.

It was for a minute or two but it was nothing special. All Buneary did was slide in a slide that was made out of ice and use Dizzy Punch once or twice.

Back