• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another RMT

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Another RMT

1. Skarmory@Leftovers
    Nature: Impish
    EV: 252 Def/HP
    1. Drill Peck
    2. Spikes
    3. Roost
    4. Whirlwind

Standard Skarmory.Drill Peck says hi to Heracross. Of course I know Close Combat can 2HKO it, so I won't switch in Skarm vs Hera anyway, unless it's gonna use EQ/Megahorn.

Another RMT

2. Claydol@Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    EV: 252 HP/Sp Def
    1. Rapid Spin
    2. Earth Power
    3. Stealth Rock
    4. Psychic

Rapid Spinner. Lays down SR and Earth Power/Psychic as attacks.

Another RMT

3. Weavile@Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    EV: 252 Attack/Speed
    1. Night Slash
    2. Pursuit
    3. Ice Punch
    4. Brick Break

Standard Weavile. I don't want to use the Focus Sash SD set, because I just don't like it.

Another RMT

4. Infernape@Focus Sash
    Nature: Naive
    EV: 252 Speed/200 Sp Attack/52 Attack
    1. Nasty Plot
    2. Flamethrower
    3. Grass Knot
    4. Close Combat

Standard MixedApe. Deals with SkarmBliss.

Another RMT

5. Swalot (female)@Black Sludge
    Nature: Bold
    EV: 252 HP/140 Def/116 Sp Def
    1. Substitute
    2. Stockpile
    3. Toxic
    4. Attract

Annoyer. Sub, then Stockpile like crazy. Toxic to kill em slowly and Attract for annoying.

Another RMT

6. Lanturn@Wiseglasses
    Nature: Modest
    EV: 64 HP/252 Sp Attack/158 Sp Def/36 Speed
    1. Thunder Wave
    2. Thunderbolt
    3. Surf
    4. Ice Beam

ZOMG my team has problems with Gyarados? Well, not anymore. Thunderwave up on anything, T-Bolt/Surf=STAB and Ice Beam for Dragons.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah but I'm trying to restrict on OU's here. Besides, Claydol is used a s a Sp Wall on my team.

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    You really need some sort of offense move on Swalot over Attract. or else any steel type (Steelix, Metagross, Skarmory, Foretress, etc.) will come in and laugh at you. Unfortunatly his base attack stats are only around 70 and he doesn't learn any fire type move...

I highly suggest Pain Split for more annoyance (and more substitutes!) or Destiny Bond, should you give him speed supporting.

I like your team, as it isn't 100% standard OU trash. Lanturn as a nice BoltBeam counter and Infernape for SkarmBliss. Can't really see any oubvious OU weakness right away, nicely done.

EDIT: You may also want to replace Swalot with Cradily. His base defenses and attacks are higher than Swalot's and he can learn the exact same moves. It also learns Mirror Coat, I think which can surprise OHKO an unsuspecting poke.

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    errr i mite be wrong but cabt u only use stockpile in combo with swallow/spit up? if thats not the case wot does stockpile do?

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    errr i mite be wrong but cabt u only use stockpile in combo with swallow/spit up? if thats not the case wot does stockpile do?

Since 4th generation it ups both Defense and Special Defense one level. If you use swallow/spit up, you'll lose this effect. If you don't have those moves, Stockpile is just a nifty way to raise defense.

Back